It's safe to say that most Muslims are harmless, but that doesn't change the fact that Islam is...

...the face of modern terrorism. Islam promotes bad ideas that are unparalleled with any other religion.
^^^^^Ku Klux Klan propaganda...^^^^^You know, those evangelical "so called" Christians. The ones the have a long history of lynching Blacks, and committed genocide on the Native Americans and stole their land.

I love these regressives who point something out that happened 1000 years ago and act as if it is today.

Today islam = Inhumane garbage, produced by garbage people.
Christianity = Not even closely as inhumane, supporting of western values. Surely, 1000 years ago, it too was garbage with garbage people supporting it.

I am an atheist, and don't have any cognitive dissonance regarding religion. I see it as it is. I haven't made a mistake here.

...the face of modern terrorism. Islam promotes bad ideas that are unparalleled with any other religion.
Wrong.

Islam is not the ‘face of modern terrorism,’ nor does Islam promote ‘bad ideas’ that are unparalleled with any other religion.

Islam is no better or worse than any other religion; all religions have adherents who advocate for and commit criminal acts, where those individuals are solely responsible for their acts, not the religions they belong to.

The goal of terrorists is to provoke this sort of bigotry and hate toward Islam and to foment suspicion of Muslims, and when we fall prey to fear and hate, the terrorists win.

That is rather silly. Why would 1.6 billion members of Islam allow a small percentage of their religion to provoke the rest of the world? It seems to me that when an Imam started preaching hatred of Christians and Jews at the Mosque, the non terrorists would walk out. Unless they agreed with his preaching.

'Terrorist' is a label that is routinely bestowed on people who are prepared to fight for their 'rights'. By governments which are often, themselves, guilty of real terrorism.
What do you think are the emotions of the thousands of people who routinely hear the the chilling buzz of a drone sent by us to kill some of them?
I would assume that they are feeling real terror, and that makes US terrorists, in a very real sense.
This sorry mess will never be resolved while we continue to bomb them.
Can you blame them for trying to bomb us? They cannot deploy the awesome firepower that is thrown at them, and they respond in the most effective way they can.

We've got to STOP BOMBING THEM.

If we stop bombing them they can reorganize and plan another 911 attack. Great idea if you hate America.

It’s safe to say that ‘blaming’ Muslims and Islam for terrorist attacks fails as a composition fallacy, and that it fails as ignorant, unfounded bigotry and hate.

I think it is a fact instead of a fallacy, since ISIS takes credit for almost every terrorist attack. By them claiming credit, it merely proves that you are the ignorant one and others hatred is well founded. I would consider you the bigot for ignoring the facts.

Wrong.

Islam is not the ‘face of modern terrorism,’ nor does Islam promote ‘bad ideas’ that are unparalleled with any other religion.

Islam is no better or worse than any other religion; all religions have adherents who advocate for and commit criminal acts, where those individuals are solely responsible for their acts, not the religions they belong to.

The goal of terrorists is to provoke this sort of bigotry and hate toward Islam and to foment suspicion of Muslims, and when we fall prey to fear and hate, the terrorists win.

God you're such a robot, it's fucking hilarious !

Forum List

Back