It's not our war!

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
It amazed me to find the Stars & Stripes printing this piece! While not an administration mouthpiece, it IS viewed closely by DOD. So, how do they get away with posting a Slate article that basically goes against what Obama seems to be trying to do? Perhaps a trial piece to see the reaction?

Read more @ It's not our war - Opinion - Stripes

longknife, et al,

Freedom and self-governance is not something that the US can just hand-out like foreign aid. The people must want it and must work to keep it.

It amazed me to find the Stars & Stripes printing this piece! While not an administration mouthpiece, it IS viewed closely by DOD. So, how do they get away with posting a Slate article that basically goes against what Obama seems to be trying to do? Perhaps a trial piece to see the reaction?

Read more @ It's not our war - Opinion - Stripes
(COMMENT)

Stars and Stripes is an "the independent news media organization for the U.S. military." It has military oversight, but essentially publishes and operates much like any other news outlet.

Fred Kaplan (the author of this news piece) is not an employee of Stars and Stripes or the US Government. He works for "Slate Magazine." He is an armchair war correspondent that specializes in researched thought provoking articles. While the Stars and Stripes does have a crew of reporters, it also makes use of the other traditional news resources and wire services.

No, --- I don't think this is a test piece.

Most Respectfully,
R

Democracy and self determination ain't always the answer.

Sorry, stopped clicking links since I got Malware a few weeks ago on this board. I support the military, but never the decision to invade Iraq. Bushes' war has been seen as a major miscalculation and a waste of treasure, time and personnel as well as a misdirection on the war on terrorism. Time is bearing that out.

Forum List

Back