It's not like no one saw this coming...

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
So, Pence goes to see the play, "Hamilton."

At the end of the show, the cast takes the opportunity to say something to VP-Elect Pence prior to Pence and his family leaving the theater.

One can argue about whether or not it was appropriate, but it wasn't done in an offensive way, although the audience did, in fact, boo. The AUDIENCE!

Here's the message:

“You know, we have a guest in the audience this evening — Vice President-elect Pence, I see you walking out but I hope you hear just a few more moments,” Mr. Dixon said. As some in the audience booed, Mr. Dixon hushed them, then added, “Sir, we hope that you will hear us out.”

As Mr. Pence stood by the exit doors, Mr. Dixon said, “We, sir, are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us — our planet, our children, our parents — or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir. But we truly hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us. All of us.”

The next day, Trump tweeted a demand for an apology.

On Sunday, Pence said he was not offended. Time to let it go, right?

Guess again, folks!

Trump AGAIN tweeted something about it and even found it necessary to denigrate the show by saying he heard it was highly over-rated.

There's something not quite right with that man.

The tweeter in chief is going to be fun to watch over the next 4 years.

At the end of the show, the cast takes the opportunity to say something to VP-Elect Pence prior to Pence and his family leaving the theater.

One can argue about whether or not it was appropriate, but it wasn't done in an offensive way, although the audience did, in fact, boo. The AUDIENCE!

Here's the message:

“You know, we have a guest in the audience this evening — Vice President-elect Pence, I see you walking out but I hope you hear just a few more moments,” Mr. Dixon said. As some in the audience booed, Mr. Dixon hushed them, then added, “Sir, we hope that you will hear us out.”

As Mr. Pence stood by the exit doors, Mr. Dixon said, “We, sir, are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us — our planet, our children, our parents — or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir. But we truly hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us. All of us.”

Guess again, folks!

Trump AGAIN tweeted something about it and even found it necessary to denigrate the show by saying he heard it was highly over-rated.

Something not quite right about the creep who took advantage of his access to a microphone to make a political statement and show disrespect for the new VP who won the election fair and square. Fuck that guy, he should be fired.

I look forward to all the Democrat screaming in just his first month in office, as he dismantles years of destructive Democrat policies.

Here's the message:

Guess again, folks!

Something not quite right about the creep who took advantage of his access to a microphone to make a political statement and show disrespect for the new VP who won the election fair and square. Fuck that guy, he should be fired.

Stay in your safe space stevie, avoid the theater and let the market decide.

You never saw Obama having meltdowns like this. Not once. Class defined the guy.

Trump and his suckups, they love punching down. Classic bully behavior.

Perhaps one of the more insidious problems with modern liberals is illustrated by this incident; an issue having to do with basic business ethics and customer service. That the OP, and many others on the left wrong do not even see what is wrong with how this cast treated a paying customer is somewhat astounding to me.

It is this simple. Mr. Pence paid to see a play. He didn't pay to be preached at about his profession by ignorant fools who knew less about his profession than he does. He didn't pay to be called out and shamed by these fools, because they disagree with his politics.

There's a time and a place for political expression, but this wasn't it. This was the time and place for those who were paid to deliver a service to deliver that service, and let the paying customer enjoy it in peace. At the very least, Mr. Pence is owed a full refund of his ticket price, and so is anyone else who paid to see that play, and is offended by the inappropriate behavior of its cast.

I look forward to all the Democrat screaming in just his first month in office, as he dismantles years of destructive Democrat policies.

I say we just line up and support whatever he wants to do.

You won't have another choice. :lmao:

I have all kinds billy, you've been frothing at the mouth over some choices others have made.

Here's the message:

Guess again, folks!

Safe space? In case you haven't come to terms with it yet, YOU LOST. Take your meds.

I have all kinds billy, you've been frothing at the mouth over some choices others have made.

Please make sense so that I may reply.

The intention was to humiliate the man and his family. So, let's not play all victim.

Here's the message:

Guess again, folks!

Safe space? In case you haven't come to terms with it yet, YOU LOST. Take your meds.

Yaaaaaaaaaawn, never supported or voted for either of these "candidates" stevie, that's that safe space reel running in your head.

I'll forgive anyone for being “disrespectful” to a politician with whom one has strong disagreements. That is, after all, a large part of what freedom of speech is all about.

However, in the setting of a business transaction, for the provider of a service to be disrespectful toward a paying customer, is another thing entirely. What happened here is inexcusable.

Please make sense so that I may reply.

I did, that's what has you flummoxed. Go Trump!

I'll forgive anyone for being “disrespectful” to a politician with whom one has strong disagreements. That is, after all, a large part of what freedom of speech is all about.

However, in the setting of a business transaction, for the provider of a service to be disrespectful toward a paying customer, is another thing entirely. What happened here is inexcusable.

Sounds like we should let the market decide, no?

Here's the message:

Guess again, folks!

well those theatre people are so dramatic.

You never saw Obama having meltdowns like this. Not once. Class defined the guy.

Trump and his suckups, they love punching down. Classic bully behavior.

Putting policy aside for the moment, Obama was, and is, a cool cucumber. Regardless of what seems to be going on, he always maintains a calm demeanor. As anyone with half a brain can tell another person with less than half a brain, it's reassuring as all get out when a person in a position of authority (regardless of whether it's a police officer, or a teacher, or a boss) keeps his head instead of getting worked up. However, even the tiniest almost inconsequential thing seems to get under Trump's skin. How the hell are we supposed to have confidence in him during some kind of crisis?

Forum List

Back