Its motorsickle weather again. Be observant.

At 74 y.o., I think I've sold my last motorcycle, but I believe I was very fortunate in not having any serious accidents (none in the last 25 years), and not knowingly being endangered by the dreaded texting-and-driving A-holes.

I have to say that riding a MC taught me how to ride as safely as possible, while retaining the ability to travel at stupid speeds when the opportunities arose. I rode (and now drive) as though everyone else on the road is out to get me, so when someone cuts me off or drives as though I'm not there, it doesn't bother me because I've already assumed they would do just that.

Of course, I look out for MC's and assume their riders are idiots, which is often the case - especially on sport bikes.

When I got my first shovel head in 1971 here in N VA you could only sensibly ride for 6 months, and you could get 6 mo insurance, The weather has gotten so mild now they ride all but a few weeks usually. Some states allow metal studs tires for the foolish.

At 74 y.o., I think I've sold my last motorcycle, but I believe I was very fortunate in not having any serious accidents (none in the last 25 years), and not knowingly being endangered by the dreaded texting-and-driving A-holes.

I have to say that riding a MC taught me how to ride as safely as possible, while retaining the ability to travel at stupid speeds when the opportunities arose. I rode (and now drive) as though everyone else on the road is out to get me, so when someone cuts me off or drives as though I'm not there, it doesn't bother me because I've already assumed they would do just that.

Of course, I look out for MC's and assume their riders are idiots, which is often the case - especially on sport bikes.
Always, and I man always, presume that I'm not seen until I make eye contact with a driver in the mirrors.

Always head on the swivel.

Forum List

Back