It's Hip To Be A Single Mom

Is it ok to be a single mother or should we frown on it?

• Frown

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • Encourage more women to be single moms bc it's good!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Seems like a lot of women prefer it to traditional marriage.

All Across Latin America, Unwed Mothers Are Now The Norm

You should look up machismo and marianismo. It's a byproduct of Catholicism. It's accepted that you will get married and your husband will carry on affairs and can be physically abusive and your job as the wife is to put up with it. Your value is determined by the amount of shit that you put up with.
True. NPR also did a story on how unfair things are for Indian women too. The more free and liberated women in places like the the middle East get, the more divorces and breakdown of families.

I guess I don't blame those women for not wanting to live that way.

those pesky women's rights and stuff, eh lib? Or thats only for the USA?

There are also men who leave their pregnant girlfriends an go to party with other women while they have to raise the kids.

What a biased topic...
They are no good either. I think of them no differently. The only difference is in most countries the woman raise the kid 5 days and the dad's babysit on weekends.

Don't try to change the subject. Do you even know what the subject is or did you just want to chime in with your feminist bullshit?[/QUOTE]

Its not babysitting when its your own child.

Last edited:
There are also men who leave their pregnant girlfriends an go to party with other women while they have to raise the kids.

What a biased topic...
They are no good either. I think of them no differently. The only difference is in most countries the woman raise the kid 5 days and the dad's babysit on weekends.

Don't try to change the subject. Do you even know what the subject is or did you just want to chime in with your feminist bullshit?

Its not babysitting when its your own child.[/QUOTE]
It's not parenting when you only see your kids 2 days a week. Not good parenting anyways.

It's always been a bit awkward, especially if they start prying. I lived with the mother of my twins and the mother of two of my other kids for several years. It was basically a polygamous and open relationship.

It's always been a bit awkward, especially if they start prying. I lived with the mother of my twins and the mother of two of my other kids for several years. It was basically a polygamous and open relationship.
I feel sorry for those kids. I don't feel bad for the women though because they chose you.

I listened to these single ladies with 2 kids from two different men brag about how they prefer being a single independent woman and 2 men paying her bills. Never mind the negative affects it will have on her little bastards. Never mind if she's capable of raising a child as well as 2 parents. She says the fathers are involved in the kids lives financially and emotionally but not like my brother who tucks his kids in every night. THIS is what is wrong with not only America but the world. I trashed black Americans before saying this is what they need to stop doing if they want to get out of poverty but it sounds to me like this is going to be the new norm in the future. Women raising kids on their own is the new hip thing to do, apparently. They aren't the women of the future they are the women of RIGHT NOW.

Even white trash American women are guilty of this.

All Across Latin America, Unwed Mothers Are Now The Norm
Men trying to dictate to women who they should be with is quickly becoming a laughable event. A lot of women have been empowered and wont settle for being second class citizens and forced to stay in abusive relationships.

The usual low percentage smoke screen.

Of course women should not stay in abusive relationships.

Nor should men.

What are we doing allowing people to have kids who have not been trained to raise them or who won't make the committment to raise them.

Who picks up the pieces ?

Don't you mean the bastards you helped create?

STATISTICALLY SPEAKING, there is no question that children in intact, Mom&Pop households have better life outcomes than people in single-parent or abusive households. There is simply not enough data yet on the outcomes from "gay" households, despite what many pro-gay organizations want you to believe.

STATISTICALLY SPEAKING, people who (1) graduate from HS, (2) defer children until they are in a stable marriage, and (3) get a job - any job, reduce their chances of living in long term poverty by 80%, when compared to people who ignore those three mandates.

If a single woman has the resources to nurture a child: financially, emotionally, child care alternatives, and so forth, she might be successful, but STATISTICALLY SPEAKING - looking at thousands of similar cases nationwide, and comparing them with kids raised in intact Mom&Pop households, the child would be better off with a father.

In my own white, middle-class family, there are four "illegitimate" children who have been born in the past dozen years or so. In all cases, the mother had the complete support of HER family - financial, babysitting, housing as necessary, healthcare expenses, schooling (parochial school tuition), and so on, and the kids are doing fine. But without that family safety net, they would not be doing "fine" at all. Indeed, if the mothers were on welfare (etc), it would be a bad situation indeed. And the mothers have been able, with that family support, to continue in their professional lives as well as they would have with a husband. (One bi-racial child in this group).

Forum List

Back