Zone1 It's A Shame

I'm as pro-American as it gets. Your America is whites only. My America recognizes that whites don't get to be the only ones that define what America is.
But you'd be glad to have the day off eh?

I would not expect you to ever celebrate July 4th anyway so I'm not surprised

I don't celebrate July 4. I haven't done so for 36 years. Because that holiday does not represent freedom for me.
You're a prisoner only in your own chronically victimized mind.

tenor.gif

July 4th is our Independence Day because that is the day our Founding Fathers shook off the shackles of a govt that had grown tyrannical & oppressive in the eyes of the governed.
The signing of the Declaration of Independence was the moment American became a free & separate country, though a war was still necessitated before the British monarchy decided to stop contesting this fact.
We have a free country so celebrate anything you want. I've got no problem with blacks celebrating a day they perceive as symbolizing when all black slaves were freed.
The slaves should have been freed at the signing because of the acknowledgement that all men are created equal but they weren't because of the politics involved.
It took a long war & more American deaths than any others combined to end that barbaric practice but it was ended... almost 160 years ago.
I'll toast to the God given freedoms your ancestors finally & justly secured.
I'm still not paying reparations though

But you do conflate. What's not American about celebrating Juneteenth?
Nothing. The holiday just happened for cripes sakes. You want us to get on our knees?

Sure was a lot of murders on Junteenth, respecting the holiday

Maybe if we call it June 19th it would be better. Juneteenth sounds like one never made it past 2nd grade

I don't celebrate July 4. I haven't done so for 36 years. Because that holiday does not represent freedom for me. However, at no time have I felt that the 4th should never be celebrated. The fact that people are mad that a day recognizing the end of slavery is celebrated is pathetic. The excuses have been many, but the one that's most laughable aside from the stupid blacks worshipping slavery nonsense was the attempt to discredit this holiday by the claim that June 19th was not the proper date that slaves were freed.

In 2 weeks we will celebrate the fourth of july. The right wingers here will proudly flout the red white and blue. They all will brag about how this day represents the freedom we live with today.

But there is only one problem:

The Revolutionary War ended on Sept. 3, 1783.
No, it started again under Obama.

July 4th is our Independence Day because that is the day our Founding Fathers shook off the shackles of a govt that had grown tyrannical & oppressive in the eyes of the governed.
The signing of the Declaration of Independence was the moment American became a free & separate country, though a war was still necessitated before the British monarchy decided to stop contesting this fact.
We have a free country so celebrate anything you want. I've got no problem with blacks celebrating a day they perceive as symbolizing when all black slaves were freed.
The slaves should have been freed at the signing because of the acknowledgement that all men are created equal but they weren't because of the politics involved.
It took a long war & more American deaths than any others combined to end that barbaric practice but it was ended... almost 160 years ago.
I'll toast to the God given freedoms your ancestors finally & justly secured.
I'm still not paying reparations though

Might wanna read the link in post 17. Independence was voted on and passed on July 2nd. The Declaration was written on July 4th, but it wasn't signed by everyone until August 2nd. The day we celebrate is actually just the day the document was written. Not when the vote for independence was passed (July 2nd), and not when the document had finally been signed by everyone (August 2nd), but rather the day the document was written and started to be signed (July 4th). And the war for independence didn't end until several years later.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
You are the one that is constantly telling the rest of how successful you are and all the things you have accomplished.
And this has exactly what to do with the OP? Becase you and the others are the ones who assume I only talk about racism to blame whites for my failures.

Might wanna read the link in post 17. Independence was voted on and passed on July 2nd. The Declaration was written on July 4th, but it wasn't signed by everyone until August 2nd. The day we celebrate is actually just the day the document was written. Not when the vote for independence was passed (July 2nd), and not when the document had finally been signed by everyone (August 2nd), but rather the day the document was written and started to be signed (July 4th). And the war for independence didn't end until several years later.
My mistake, it was the day the Declaration was written. It still doesn't change it was when we put pen to paper & said we are no longer a possession of England

The same silly comments from the usual suspects.

What's not American about celebrating Juneteenth?

Nothing is un-American about celebrating Juneteenth ... Because it happened in America.
Nobody is going to miss you on the Fourth of July either ... Stay home and pout if you need to.

Nothing is un-American about celebrating Juneteenth ... Because it happened in America.
Nobody is going to miss you on the Fourth of July either ... Stay home and pout if you need to.

I think I know these things. This thread was created because of the uproar by many here about Juneteenth. Your childish tantrum has been noted since you actually think I pout by not celebrating a holiday that is supposed to represent independence when blacks were not free.

But the war started on July 4, 1776.

We could declare, declare, declare all we wanted to, but until we had fought and won the war, the declaration meant nothing. I'm honestly surprised Sept. 3 isn't celebrated.

Much like the Confederate States declared, declared and declared all they wanted, but it meant nothing unless they won the war.

But the war started on July 4, 1776.

Wrong Lenny. The Revolutionary War actually started in April 1775. Like I said in a couple of other posts, July 4th is simply the date that the Declaration of Independence was written. Independence was voted on, on July 2nd, the document was written on July 4th, but wasn't signed by everyone until August 2nd. Not for nothing, but you might wanna read up on some history sometime. Post 17 refers to the July 4th thing, and this link refers to when the Revolution started................

The Revolutionary War (1775-83), also known as the American Revolution, arose from growing tensions between residents of Great Britain’s 13 North American colonies and the colonial government, which represented the British crown. Skirmishes between British troops and colonial militiamen in Lexington and Concord in April 1775 kicked off the armed conflict, and by the following summer, the rebels were waging a full-scale war for their independence.

But, nobody can blame you for not knowing the correct dates for when things happen, as the actual events and timeline for our independence have been twisted around over the years due to the mythology and legend of America becoming free.

But you'd be glad to have the day off eh?

I would not expect you to ever celebrate July 4th anyway so I'm not surprised
Just like you were on MLK day and Juneteenth. I celebrate Independence day.

On June 19.

We could declare, declare, declare all we wanted to, but until we had fought and won the war, the declaration meant nothing. I'm honestly surprised Sept. 3 isn't celebrated.

Much like the Confederate States declared, declared and declared all they wanted, but it meant nothing unless they won the war.

You're right. The date a document was written (Declaration of Independence) wouldn't be celebrated in this country if things had turned out differently and Britain had managed to keep a grip on this country. To tell you the truth, I'm with you in thinking the date should actually be Sept. 3rd, as that is when we finally won and became our own country for real.

Kinda interesting that the Confederate States (the South), don't really have a date that they celebrate, but then again, only the winners get to dictate when holidays will be.

Forum List

Back