Zone1 It's A Shame

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
I don't celebrate July 4. I haven't done so for 36 years. Because that holiday does not represent freedom for me. However, at no time have I felt that the 4th should never be celebrated. The fact that people are mad that a day recognizing the end of slavery is celebrated is pathetic. The excuses have been many, but the one that's most laughable aside from the stupid blacks worshipping slavery nonsense was the attempt to discredit this holiday by the claim that June 19th was not the proper date that slaves were freed.

In 2 weeks we will celebrate the fourth of july. The right wingers here will proudly flout the red white and blue. They all will brag about how this day represents the freedom we live with today.

But there is only one problem:

The Revolutionary War ended on Sept. 3, 1783.

Last edited:
I don't celebrate July 4. I haven't donse so for 36 years. Because that holiday does not represent freedom for me. However, at no time have I felt that the 4th should never be celebrated. The fact that leople are mad that a day recognizing the end of slavery is celebrated is pathetic. The excuses have been many, but the one thats most laughable aside from the stupid blacks worshipping slavery nonsense was the attempt to discredit this holiday by the claim that June 19th was not the proper date that slaves were freed.

In 2 weeks we wilo celebrate the fourth of july. The right wingers here will proudly flout the red white and blue. They all will brag about how this day represents the freedom ze live with today.

Most of us don't care if you never did. You should not any way. You are so anti American

I don't celebrate July 4. I haven't donse so for 36 years. Because that holiday does not represent freedom for me. However, at no time have I felt that the 4th should never be celebrated. The fact that leople are mad that a day recognizing the end of slavery is celebrated is pathetic. The excuses have been many, but the one thats most laughable aside from the stupid blacks worshipping slavery nonsense was the attempt to discredit this holiday by the claim that June 19th was not the proper date that slaves were freed.

In 2 weeks we wilo celebrate the fourth of july. The right wingers here will proudly flout the red white and blue. They all will brag about how this day represents the freedom ze live with today.

How sad for you that you have such animosity for a country that allowed you to have a long successful life.

I kinda agree with you, but then again I don't. If you don't choose to celebrate July 4th, that's your right, much as it is my right to not celebrate Juneteenth. I don't think people should bitch about it, hell, I'm all for making it an excuse for making it a paid holiday.

The thing with July 4th is, we, as Americans, separated from England and started off on our own. Our founding was strained, Our early history was rife with injustices, and evil doing, and even now still isn't perfect. But you know what? Our nation has changed from what we were in 1846. Our nation has helped out the world so much. If it were not for us, who knows what the world may have looked like. Perhaps the whole world would have been plunged into slavery.

I personally will celebrate July 4th by staying up all night and doing who knows what. You do you. If you want to hide in the basement and miss out on the hamburgers, hotdogs, watermelon slices, Strawberry Shortcakes, Coca Cola, fireworks and general fun American, shit, and miss out... oh well.

I don't celebrate July 4. I haven't done so for 36 years. Because that holiday does not represent freedom for me. However, at no time have I felt that the 4th should never be celebrated. The fact that people are mad that a day recognizing the end of slavery is celebrated is pathetic. The excuses have been many, but the one that's most laughable aside from the stupid blacks worshipping slavery nonsense was the attempt to discredit this holiday by the claim that June 19th was not the proper date that slaves were freed.

In 2 weeks we will celebrate the fourth of july. The right wingers here will proudly flout the red white and blue. They all will brag about how this day represents the freedom we live with today.

During the American Revolutionary War (1775-1783), delegates to the Second Continental Congress met in the summer of 1776 to discuss independence from Great Britain. On June 7, Richard Henry Lee, a statesman from Virginia, appointed a committee to investigate how the colonies could become independent. Lee called for the drafting of an official statement of independence. John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Robert R. Livingston, and Roger Sherman were instructed to draft a resolution. On July 2, 1776, the Congress voted to declare independence from England. After two days of debate and some changes to the document, the Congress voted to accept the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. This action represented a formal separation of the American colonies from Great Britain.

I kinda agree with you, but then again I don't. If you don't choose to celebrate July 4th, that's your right, much as it is my right to not celebrate Juneteenth. I don't think people should bitch about it, hell, I'm all for making it an excuse for making it a paid holiday.

The thing with July 4th is, we, as Americans, separated from England and started off on our own. Our founding was strained, Our early history was rife with injustices, and evil doing, and even now still isn't perfect. But you know what? Our nation has changed from what we were in 1846. Our nation has helped out the world so much. If it were not for us, who knows what the world may have looked like. Perhaps the whole world would have been plunged into slavery.

I personally will celebrate July 4th by staying up all night and doing who knows what. You do you. If you want to hide in the basement and miss out on the hamburgers, hotdogs, watermelon slices, Strawberry Shortcakes, Coca Cola, fireworks and general fun American, shit, and miss out... oh well.
Haiti ended slavery first. The united state practiced apartheid after slavery. The fact is, I would not have been free on July 4, 1776. I can do all the things you do on July 4thh during Juneteenth. I have been celetbrating Juneteent for 30 years. Stop conflating America with white. The stuff done on Juneteenth is general fun American shit.

How sad that you live in a lie.
Yet you claim that you are successful and you claim to be oppressed by all the white racism. Guess we white racist need to step up the oppression because it isn't working.

Actually I am happy that you are successful, I.m just pointing out the contradiction.

You really should learn to think for yourself.

You see, we don't celebrate the end of the Revolutionary war.

We celebrate the day we declared our Independence from England. That happened on July 4th.

For those who have an understanding of the lessons of the past, the revolutionary war was the result of that declaration. So, you should learn to get the order of history correct and the purpose for the holidays we celebrate.

BTW, the Emancipation of the Blacks from Slavery was not on June 19th. That was the date of the final notice to those who had not heard.

The celebration of the freedom from Slavery is January 1, 1863.

BTW. No one cares what you do or don't celebrate. I certainly don't care what bigots like you celebrate.

Haiti ended slavery first. The united state practiced apartheid after slavery. The fact is, I would not have been free on July 4, 1776. I can do all the things you do on July 4thh during Juneteenth. I have been celetbrating Juneteent for 30 years. Stop conflating America with white. The stuff done on Juneteenth is general fun American shit.

We were not free on July the 4th. We declared independence. The day we were truly free as a nation was in 1783 when the War for Independence ended.

Like I said, you do you. I didn't conflate anything.

Most of us don't care if you never did. You should not any way. You are so anti American
I'm as pro-American as it gets. Your America is whites only. My America recognizes that whites don't get to be the only ones that define what America is.

I happily live in reality. I don't have to medicate myself because of self-induced stress caused by racial hatred.
You don't live in reality. You live full of racial hate. It's so natural to you that you think you're normal.

Interestingly enough, even though the document was signed July 4th, independence from Britain was voted on and passed on July 2nd.

Independence Day should have been celebrated on July 2, 1776.
declaration of independence

GETTY IMAGES
Although the document was dated July 4, congress actually voted for independence from Great Britain two days prior on July 2, 1776. It apparently wasn’t signed by everyone until a month later on August 2, 1776.

Granted, the war didn't end until a bit later as the OP stated, but July 4th is the date of the document, even though it wasn't signed by everyone until Aug 2nd, so I guess they simply decided to use the date the document was written. There are also other interesting little factoids in the link I posted, so feel free to read it (or not), and impress all your friends at your favorite BBQ.

Incidentally, the OP isn't the only one who doesn't really celebrate so called important holidays. Christmas has never been much of a celebration for me since age 8 after my mother died, as I spent the rest of my childhood going from family to family, as well as spent a few years in the foster care system. But, not celebrating Christmas was kind of a bonus for me, as during my time in the Navy, I volunteered for duty every Christmas day, which meant that I always had New Year's off. And, another little side bonus was that people who were home with their families felt bad for the people on duty, so they generally brought some of their home cooking to the duty office for the rest of us who were stuck working. Every Christmas that I stood duty, I ate very well.

We were not free on July the 4th. We declared independence. The day we were truly free as a nation was in 1783 when the War for Independence ended.

Like I said, you do you. I didn't conflate anything.
But you do conflate. What's not American about celebrating Juneteenth?

Interestingly enough, even though the document was signed July 4th, independence from Britain was voted on and passed on July 2nd.

Independence Day should have been celebrated on July 2, 1776.
declaration of independence

GETTY IMAGES
Although the document was dated July 4, congress actually voted for independence from Great Britain two days prior on July 2, 1776. It apparently wasn’t signed by everyone until a month later on August 2, 1776.

Granted, the war didn't end until a bit later as the OP stated, but July 4th is the date of the document, even though it wasn't signed by everyone until Aug 2nd, so I guess they simply decided to use the date the document was written. There are also other interesting little factoids in the link I posted, so feel free to read it (or not), and impress all your friends at your favorite BBQ.

Incidentally, the OP isn't the only one who doesn't really celebrate so called important holidays. Christmas has never been much of a celebration for me since age 8 after my mother died, as I spent the rest of my childhood going from family to family, as well as spent a few years in the foster care system. But, not celebrating Christmas was kind of a bonus for me, as during my time in the Navy, I volunteered for duty every Christmas day, which meant that I always had New Year's off. And, another little side bonus was that people who were home with their families felt bad for the people on duty, so they generally brought some of their home cooking to the duty office for the rest of us who were stuck working. Every Christmas that I stood duty, I ate very well.
June 19 is a very important holiday for black people.

Forum List

Back