Zone1 It's A Shame

I think I know these things. This thread was created because of the uproar by many here about Juneteenth. Your childish tantrum has been noted since you actually think I pout by not celebrating a holiday that is supposed to represent independence when blacks were not free.

Failing to moan and whine with you in no way means I am throwing a tantrum.
No one is stopping you from celebrating either or both of the holidays

If you have to look for the worst in everything ... It's not Cinco de Mayo, but try to find some salsa for that chip on your shoulder ... :auiqs.jpg:

Wrong Lenny. The Revolutionary War actually started in April 1775. Like I said in a couple of other posts, July 4th is simply the date that the Declaration of Independence was written. Independence was voted on, on July 2nd, the document was written on July 4th, but wasn't signed by everyone until August 2nd. Not for nothing, but you might wanna read up on some history sometime. Post 17 refers to the July 4th thing, and this link refers to when the Revolution started................

The Revolutionary War (1775-83), also known as the American Revolution, arose from growing tensions between residents of Great Britain’s 13 North American colonies and the colonial government, which represented the British crown. Skirmishes between British troops and colonial militiamen in Lexington and Concord in April 1775 kicked off the armed conflict, and by the following summer, the rebels were waging a full-scale war for their independence.

But, nobody can blame you for not knowing the correct dates for when things happen, as the actual events and timeline for our independence have been twisted around over the years due to the mythology and legend of America becoming free.

Actually, it was written before that, Congress approved it July 4, 1776.

Failing to moan and whine with you in no way means I am throwing a tantrum.
No one is stopping you from celebrating either or both of the holidays

If you have to look for the worst in everything ... It's not Cinco de Mayo, but try to find some salsa for that chip on your shoulder ... :auiqs.jpg:

Actually, your mention of my pouting is a show of your childishness. Why should I be pouting because I celebrate my independence on June 19th instead of July 4th?

“What to the American slave is your Fourth of July? I answer, a day that reveals to him more than all other days of the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty an unholy license; your national greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are empty and heartless; your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mock; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious parade and solemnity, are to him mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety, and hypocrisy - a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages. There is not a nation of the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody than are the people of these United States at this very hour.”
-
Frederick Douglas, Black Republican

“What to the American slave is your Fourth of July? I answer, a day that reveals to him more than all other days of the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty an unholy license; your national greatnessyep he spoke that in 1855, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are empty and heartless; your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mock; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious parade and solemnity, are to him mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety, and hypocrisy - a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages. There is not a nation of the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody than are the people of these United States at this very hour.”
-
He spoke that in 1855 when he was a firebrand trying to inspire the Northern abolitioniststo take action. He moderated by 1865 and was saying that all blacks needed from whites was to be left alone to succeed or fail on their own efforts. By today he'd be praising white people to the skies for giving blacks first freedom, then the vote to finally legal equality. Whites have given blacks everything Douglass wanted them to have and more.

“What to the American slave is your Fourth of July? I answer, a day that reveals to him more than all other days of the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty an unholy license; your national greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are empty and heartless; your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mock; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious parade and solemnity, are to him mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety, and hypocrisy - a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages. There is not a nation of the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody than are the people of these United States at this very hour.”
-

Yes you can cut and paste things you clearly do not understand, it is typical of the far left cult controlled by the white man.

If you want to truly be free renounce the far left cult that wants to keep you as a slave.

Actually, your mention of my pouting is a show of your childishness. Why should I be pouting because I celebrate my independence on June 19th instead of July 4th?

If you find some need to fight with other people about the Fourth of July or Juneteenth you are not progressing anywhere.

You are the person that has to find something wrong with people celebrating something.
You mentioned it several times in this thread ... So don't even try to pretend you haven't.

Last edited:
Why don't people just ignore these threads. IM2 is a classic internet troll and baiter. Ignore, simple as that. IM2 shows no ability to actually want to discuss current racial issues. Just stop responding.

Why don't people just ignore these threads. IM2 is a classic internet troll and baiter. Ignore, simple as that. IM2 shows no ability to actually want to discuss current racial issues. Just stop responding.

I have never killed a deer zeroing my weapon on a target at the range ...
But doing so has significantly increased my ability to be successful in the field.

Don't worry about IM2 ... Practice your own skills, and further ground your own principles.

Interestingly enough, even though the document was signed July 4th, independence from Britain was voted on and passed on July 2nd.

Independence Day should have been celebrated on July 2, 1776.
declaration of independence

GETTY IMAGES
Although the document was dated July 4, congress actually voted for independence from Great Britain two days prior on July 2, 1776. It apparently wasn’t signed by everyone until a month later on August 2, 1776.

Granted, the war didn't end until a bit later as the OP stated, but July 4th is the date of the document, even though it wasn't signed by everyone until Aug 2nd, so I guess they simply decided to use the date the document was written. There are also other interesting little factoids in the link I posted, so feel free to read it (or not), and impress all your friends at your favorite BBQ.

Incidentally, the OP isn't the only one who doesn't really celebrate so called important holidays. Christmas has never been much of a celebration for me since age 8 after my mother died, as I spent the rest of my childhood going from family to family, as well as spent a few years in the foster care system. But, not celebrating Christmas was kind of a bonus for me, as during my time in the Navy, I volunteered for duty every Christmas day, which meant that I always had New Year's off. And, another little side bonus was that people who were home with their families felt bad for the people on duty, so they generally brought some of their home cooking to the duty office for the rest of us who were stuck working. Every Christmas that I stood duty, I ate very well.
Congress voted to accept the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. This action represented a formal separation of the American colonies from Great Britain.

He spoke that in 1855 when he was a firebrand trying to inspire the Northern abolitioniststo take action. He moderated by 1865 and was saying that all blacks needed from whites was to be left alone to succeed or fail on their own efforts. By today he'd be praising white people to the skies for giving blacks first freedom, then the vote to finally legal equality. Whites have given blacks everything Douglass wanted them to have and more.
He was correct. It's funny how whites like you want to try telling me how somebody black would see things. Frederick Douglass opposed the white racism after slaves were freed. He would not be praising the continuing racism by whites today.

You are the one with that problem. You have made up a segregation against whites that does not exist. And you can't debate me about it and win. You are the baiter.

Forum List

Back