Isn't Jesus a democrat?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
Jesus said help the poor and the sick which sounds like every other democrat I know. I can't figure out why so many democrats in the last few years seem hostile to Christianity. I don't expect people to accept the miracles or the whole died for my sins stuff but what about the things he said about being compassionate. Why throw that out with it? It just seems that the teachings of Jesus goes hand in hand with what being a liberal is all about.

The difference is that Jesus wanted us to help the poor with out OWN money, not somebody else's.
Matthew 19:21.

If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me. - Jesus H. Christ.

The H stands for HUSSEIN, by the way.

Jesus said help the poor and the sick which sounds like every other democrat I know. I can't figure out why so many democrats in the last few years seem hostile to Christianity. I don't expect people to accept the miracles or the whole died for my sins stuff but what about the things he said about being compassionate. Why throw that out with it? It just seems that the teachings of Jesus goes hand in hand with what being a liberal is all about.
Dems reject this version of Christianity, and so did Jesus BTW.
Fullscreen-capture-742014-30001-PM.bmp.jpg

This version they are okay with, but the GOP ignores it (It's from Matthew 5 and 6 BTW):

Retaliation
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic,h]">[h] let him have your cloak as well. 41 And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Love Your Enemies
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers,i]">[i] what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Giving to the Needy
6 “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

2 “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

BTW2, Matthew is in the Bible. Your mom probably has one.

Last edited:
Blue Jesus: I have a pen and a direct phone line to my Father, and I am not afraid to use them.

Red Jesus: Muslims suck, and I'm pretty sure Doubting Thomas is a fag!

Democrats have nothing against Christianity. It's the people who drape themselves in Christianity in order to pervert it that they hate.

Blue Jesus: We have to pass the Law so we can find out what's in it.

Red Jesus: I will not heal you, blind man, until you show me some ID.

Jesus said help the poor and the sick
Jesus said WE should help the poor and sick. Us, the people. And He helped them Himself, too.

He was very much against the government of his time forcing people to do things.

And the government, typical of big-govt dictatorships, tortured Him and killed Him for it.

Jesus was the exact opposite of modern "liberals".

In fact, Jesus was a conservative.

LOL. Right, that must have been why they killed him, They were so liberal in those days, and Jesus was all about family, which he rejected, saving your money, which he rejected, and killing your enemies, which he rejected. I could go on all day but I won't bother, it's pointless in this case.

To you Come be Fishers of Men means not leaving the family business, your father stuck with the boat alone, and your family on a whim, it means Hey, follow me and I'll make you rich in real estate.

Red Jesus: And a Canaanite woman from that region came out and began to cry out, saying, "Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is cruelly demon-possessed." But He did not answer her a word. And His disciples came and implored Him, saying, "Send her away, because she keeps shouting at us." But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Red Jesus would support building a wall to keep out aliens so they don't suck up holy resources.

Blue Jesus: And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all who sold and bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons. And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple, and he healed them.

Blue Jesus hates profit, and believes health care should be free.

LOL. Right, that must have been why they killed him, They were so liberal in those days, and Jesus was all about family, which he rejected, saving your money, which he rejected, and killing your enemies, which he rejected. I could go on all day but I won't bother, it's pointless in this case.

To you Come be Fishers of Men means not leaving the family business, your father stuck with the boat alone, and your family on a whim, it means Hey, follow me and I'll make you rich in real estate.

You couldn't be farther from the truth if you tried,especially your second paragraph,not even close.

Jesus said help the poor and the sick which sounds like every other democrat I know.
Democrats want the state to force everyone to "help" the poor and sick.
Jesus did not.
There you go.

And they came and said to him, “Teacher, we know that you are true and do not care about anyone’s opinion. For you are not swayed by appearances, but truly teach the way of God. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not? Should we pay them, or should we not?” But, knowing their hypocrisy, he said to them, “Why put me to the test? Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.” And they brought one. And he said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?” They said to him, “Caesar’s.” Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they marveled at him.

There you go.

Forum List

Back