Islamic State announces to blow up ancient Baal Temple in Palmyra

Destroying historic treasures that belong to all of Mankind.
Really?? ..... so which historical treasures in the US belongs to Russia, China, N Korea? ....... :cool:
None.

Any such treasures that lie within our own national borders belong to all of Mankind, not one nation.

And, we (the present-day occupants of this land) act as Stewards of those treasures on behalf of all Mankind.

This is a very real moral and historical duty and responsibility - to provide Good Stewardship for such treasures.

Perhaps you need to substitute the Kaaba or the Tomb of the Prophet, etc., for the temple of Baal in Palmyra, in order to feel such a sense of loss.

If the Arabian peninsula should one day be dominated by non-Muslim peoples, those successors would be under a moral obligation to act as Good Stewards in connection with the Kaaba, the Tomb of the Prophet, and Mosque A or B or C, etc., as historical treasures of Mankind.

Those places are an integral part of the fabric of the story of Mankind at large.

Or shall Mankind at large ultimately judge Islam as careless-of and hostile-to any history of Mankind except that which involves Islam, and therefore undeserving of future consideration itself, so that, when Islam begins to fade, the relics and precious places and treasures of Islam can be dynamited or bulldozed to make way for other things?

Or shall Mankind at large ultimately judge Islam as careless-of and hostile-to any history of Mankind except that which involves Islam, so that, when Islam begins to fade, the relics and precious places and treasures of Islam can be bulldozed-down to make way for other things?

That is normally how it is done....Americans have no problem doing it also...

People here think that the majority of muslims in the US are foreign born.

But that is rapidly changing,

Because for the last several decades muslim American children are being born and raised in this country. They are full citizens with all of the rights and protections as anyone else.

And because of the high birth rate. Islam will soon be the second largest religion in America. ...... :cool:
You know what is also 'rapidly changing', the number of Muslims leaving Islam and religion altogether is rising. As terrible as ISIS is, it is also showing the world how evil religion can be, even better than any book could.

Reason I roll my eyes at people that think 'Islam will rule the world' is because they are ignorant of history, and ignorant of the murder, death and destruction that would follow.

The civil war in Yugoslavia, is an example of what happens. Serbian nationalists targeted and killed Muslims, and there was widespread ethnic/religious cleansing. How about Indonesia in East Timor, that went on a killing spree of Christians. That is what happens when you make people afraid enough or angry enough.

Or shall Mankind at large ultimately judge Islam as careless-of and hostile-to any history of Mankind except that which involves Islam, so that, when Islam begins to fade, the relics and precious places and treasures of Islam can be bulldozed-down to make way for other things?

You are a fool, to support and defend such actions, on the part of anyone, or to attempt to portray a moral equivalency in this context.

I seriously doubt that even 0.999% of Americans had ever heard the name Palmyra until ISIS threatened to destroy the place.

Now it's a big deal and people are in a frenzy about the place. ..... :lol:
Jesus-H-Tap-Dancing-Christ-on-a-Crutch, and his copycat buddy Muhammed (Peanut butter and jelly Be Upon Him) while we're at it...

The number of people - anywhere - who have 'heard' of a particular place - have absolutely zero - and I do mean zero - impact upon the precious historical nature of a place.

Why are you defending the indefensible here?

You are a fool, to support and defend such actions, on the part of anyone, or to attempt to portray a moral equivalency in this context.
If you can exactly pinpoint where I advocated what humans have done you will be a great person......But if not, your putting words in my mouth and trying to make yourself look great....

I seriously doubt that even 0.999% of Americans had ever heard the name Palmyra until ISIS threatened to destroy the place.

Now it's a big deal and people are in a frenzy about the place. ..... :lol:
Palmyra is in Age of Empires, but you don't want to push America too hard geography wise. Most don't even know where Iraq and Afghanistan are, and we have been in those countries for ages.

If you can exactly pinpoint where I advocated what humans have done you will be a great person......But if not, your putting words in my mouth and trying to make yourself look great....
Your own words in your previous post imply just such a thing, to any reasonably objective person.

Serving-up objections along your lines here... :"Show me where I said exactly that":... is nothing more than a 5th-grade after-school debating-club tactic.

You chiming-in with such a moral equivalency serves to give aid-and-comfort to the Enemy... i.e., those seeking to destroy one of Mankind's historical treasures.

Or so it seems, at first glance.

It's their land........and if they don't want a temple dedicated to Baal defiling the land......that is their business..
It the world's historical heritage, just like the Buddhist statues the Taliban blew up in Afghanistan. If you can't recognize that as crime against humanity, you're no better than \Nazi scum.
Yes... mindless sectarian destructiveness, directed against such historical treasures, does, indeed, seem to be a Modus Operandi for such Militant Islamist filth.

Your own words in your previous post imply just such a thing, to any reasonably objective person.

Serving-up objections along your lines here... :"Show me where I said exactly that":... is nothing more than a 5th-grade after-school debating-club tactic.

You chiming-in with such a moral equivalency serves to give aid-and-comfort to the Enemy... i.e., those seeking to destroy one of Mankind's historical treasures.

I implied that humans destroy previously built places, hell the early Christians did it also, humans have taken apart relics that were used to build another building many times over in history....You can stop attacking people and creating a need for you over zealous stance....There's not a damn thing you can do about it anywhey.....

It the world's historical heritage, just like the Buddhist statues the Taliban blew up in Afghanistan. If you can't recognize that as crime against humanity, you're no better than Nazi scum.
No, that was not a so called crime against humanity.

There wasn't a single Buddhist living in Afghanistan.......so who did it hurt?

The citizens didn't want a bunch of godless idols cluttering up their country.......so they blew them up.

Their land.....their rights to do what they want with it......nobody else's business. ....... :thup:

I implied that humans destroy previously built places, hell the early Christians did it also, humans have taken apart relics that we used to build another building....You can stop attacking people and creating a need for you over zealous stance....There's not a damn thing you can do about it anywhey.....
Yep... early Christians did that very same thing... 1000 to 2000 years ago.

And, I'm not attacking you, I'm attacking your position.

Finally... of course there's nothing I (or you) can do about it.

But we all engage in blogging hereabouts, for the purpose of publicly commenting upon such events.

Which is exactly what we have been doing here.

Peace.

It the world's historical heritage, just like the Buddhist statues the Taliban blew up in Afghanistan. If you can't recognize that as crime against humanity, you're no better than Nazi scum.
No, that was not a so called crime against humanity.

There wasn't a single Buddhist living in Afghanistan.......thus no victims.

The people didn't want a bunch of godless idols cluttering up their country.......so they blew them up.

Their land.....their rights to do what they want with it......nobody else's business. ....... :cool:
Your myopia and tunnel-vision is truly remarkable.

Your position is dead-wrong.

It doesn't matter a damn whether there was a single Buddhist living in Afghanistan.

Their land once held practitioners of that (still living and breathing) alternative belief system.

The imagery carved into those rocks had stood for vast ages and at no time during the first 1400 years of the history of Islam, had anyone found a need to destroy those monuments.

Again... imagine Arabia eventually being dominated by non-Muslims.

Should those future people feel free to destroy the Kaaba and the Tomb of the Prophet and all of Islam's most precious places of worship?

That would be a tragic loss of precious historical treasure - a large part of the history of Mankind.

That is the precedent you are setting here, by supporting such actions.

No, that was not a so called crime against humanity. There wasn't a single Buddhist living in Afghanistan.......so who did it hurt?
The citizens didn't want a bunch of godless idols cluttering up their country.......so they blew them up. Their land.....their rights to do what they want with it......nobody else's business.
Scumbags defend scumbags. What else is new? You've got a lot of nerve criticizing anyone else for what they do. Human history started before 622 CE. Those who destroy history, steal from us all.

No, that was not a so called crime against humanity. There wasn't a single Buddhist living in Afghanistan.......so who did it hurt?
The citizens didn't want a bunch of godless idols cluttering up their country.......so they blew them up. Their land.....their rights to do what they want with it......nobody else's business.
Scumbags defend scumbags. What else is new? You've got a lot of nerve criticizing anyone else for what they do. Human history started before 622 CE. Those who destroy history, steal from us all.

Except for that evil Confederate Battle flag.

It must be eradicated lest some darkie get offended.

These thugs have no idea about human historical heritage. Why should we wait them to destroy all the memories of the ancient civilization? Let's vanish them into non-existence. I hope nobody will find a trace of them in the future.

Forum List

Back