Zone1 Islamic scholar asks Christians "Why do you believe that Jesus is God and not "only" a Prophet ?

Isaiah 9
1 Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.

2 The people that walked in darkness (the remnants of the northern kingdom) have seen a great light (Jesus Christ): they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Read all of Isaiah.

Yes it does. And, if you or others are going to use a passage from Isaiah, then you can’t cherry-pick and that’s what you did. I just pointed out that this person Isaiah talked about was God. It’s says father but we all know that Jesus becomes like our a father because he redeemed us through his atonement. And no prophet can atone for anyone’s sin. So, I was addressing the person who said Isaiah 9:6 is Jesus. You are so lost.

Read all of Isaiah and ask a Jew.

Read Isaiah all the way through. He's writing about Israel and Hezekiah. Christians teach that Isaiah and Hosea are about Jesus. Read the scriptures as they were written. You don't have to embellish Jesus.
You are so blinded by the craftiness of men mingled with scripture. Just like Isaiah said. I suppose Isaiah 29 is about Hezekiah? No. It’s about the last days. Or, Isaiah chapter 56 is about Hezekiah? No. The Old Testament is all about bringing the people of the lesser law of Moses to the higher law of Jesus Christ.

You are so blinded by the craftiness of men mingled with scripture. Just like Isaiah said. I suppose Isaiah 29 is about Hezekiah? No. It’s about the last days. Or, Isaiah chapter 56 is about Hezekiah? No. The Old Testament is all about bringing the people of the lesser law of Moses to the higher law of Jesus Christ.

The answer is simple. The Holy Ghost bears witness to me that Jesus Christ is a member of the Godhead and thus one of 3 Gods. The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost Gods.
ONE God, not 3. Two Beings, not 3. The trinity was brought in from paganism

You really need to read the verse without your purple goggles on. Isaiah straight out calls this wonderful counselor, God and also calls him Father (Father in Heaven). There’s nothing to suggest Isaiah is referring to Hezekiah. Why would Isaiah call Hezekiah God the Father? That would be blasphemy. In the words of Biff, think McFly, think!!! :spinner:
ONE God, not 3. Two Beings, not 3. The trinity was brought in from paganism
The trinity with 3 gods in one god is paganism. Not one Godhead with three separate and distinct personages. Nothing pagan about that. It's even logical.

You really need to read the verse without your purple goggles on. Isaiah straight out calls this wonderful counselor, God and also calls him Father (Father in Heaven). There’s nothing to suggest Isaiah is referring to Hezekiah. Why would Isaiah call Hezekiah God the Father? That would be blasphemy. In the words of Biff, think McFly, think!!! :spinner:

The trinity with 3 gods in one god is paganism. Not one Godhead with three separate and distinct personages. Nothing pagan about that. It's even logical.

Ask a Jew.. read this.

Correct. Muslims believe Jesus was the purest of the prophets born of a virgin from the mind of God.
Muslims also believe that the NT is a grossly perverse fraud---INVENTED by evil "ENEMEEES
OF ISLAM" as a rejection of the TRUTH OF ISLAM. My information as to muslim beliefs comes from muslim literature, muslims and a few visits to mosques. It is true that VIRGINITY is a
huge emotional thing in islamic ethos

None the less wonderful counselor is Hezekiah. I don't change scripture. Ask a Jew.
Why would a Jew admit that the person was Jesus Christ? Jewish scholars have been misleading the world concerning these scriptures before the ink was even dry.

Ask a Jew.. read this.

This has much more detail about Hezekiah, and no mention of verses 5-6.

Forum List

Back