Zone1 What is a Reprobate?

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
I have heard a lot of people use the term reprobate in the past. I haven’t heard it in a while.

What does Christianity and the New Testament say that a reprobate is? I have been curios for a long time but I have been too lazy to look it up. Does anybody have some idea?

Someone who is predestined to go to hell. Doesn't matter what he does or believes. He's going to hell anyway.

What does Christianity and the New Testament say that a reprobate is?
Reprobate came from the Latin 'probare' which means 'approve'. 'Re' expresses the opposite, 'reprobare' means disapprove. 'Reprobate' is the Middle English form of the Latin.

I have heard a lot of people use the term reprobate in the past. I haven’t heard it in a while.

What does Christianity and the New Testament say that a reprobate is? I have been curios for a long time but I have been too lazy to look it up. Does anybody have some idea?
A "reprobate" as defined in scripture? A little history: The term Reprobate was used in the King James translation from the Greek into English..........the term simply means that such makes reference to any individual that refuses to accept something as being immoral even though he/she has been presented with the facts that demonstrate their actions to be immoral as defined by the laws of God.

Laws...........God nor man's.......law does make something right or wrong, morality cannot be legistated, morality is an action not an idea.......a law simply defines immorality as defined by men (men's law) or God (covenant contract between God and man). Moral socieities make moral laws...........immoral socieities make immoral laws. Law but reflects the morality of the one(s) making the laws.

Some of the modern translations inject the terms "debased" or "depraved" in place of the word reprobate. In any translation the conclusion is the same...........it defines a person that refuses to accept the reality that he/she is engaging in sin and does not wish to change his/her position on the matter.

There is only one sin that can't be forgiven........the sin that remains unrepentent by willful premeditation.

CONCLUSION: A "Reprobate" is a person that is sending him/her/self to hell by acts of premeditated FREE WILL.........God sends no one to hell .......the choice is always an act of free will. Just like engaging in SEX is an act of free will.....whether its hetero or homosexual in nature, if not.........you have just been RAPED. Sex is not required to maintain human life or to maintain a quality of human life........sex, all sex begins within the confines of the human mind, if you can't control the lust that exists in your mind........either hetero or homo, its better to ABSTAIN than to burn.

The scriptures demonstrate that God is always willing to forgive the sins of men if they simply turn away from their sinful ways. (Ez. 18:21), "But if a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, KEEPS MY STATUTES (laws), and does what is lawful and right; HE SHALL SURELY LIVE.........."

God does not wish that any should perish......and would have ALL MEN be saved by coming to the knowledge of the truth and repenting (2 Peter 3:9-10, 1 Tim. 2:4).....as described by both Peter and Paul.......apostles of Christ.

A reprobate can be saved by simply turning away from his wicked path and engaging in "righteousness" as defined by God's law. (Isa. 55:6-9)

Last edited:

Examples would be homosexuals, trans, serial killers etc

A person who utterly rejects the God of Israel and intentionally works against His commands.

Those people I saw on TikTok kicking that Bible around like a soccer ball are reprobates.

Curios? No knick knacks? What about odds and ends? Relics?

The word is used in Romans Chapter 1:26-32, "26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

So, you can see that Reprobate mind is something that God gives free will to believe that they are not doing anything wrong when they commit sins against the commandments of God. Their minds change so that they can do what the righteous see as evil such as, Homosexual acts and behaviors. The LGBTQ use the idea that their affections relate to "love." But, in actuality, they do not. They relate to envy, proud boasters, haters of God and those that preach God. They believe in their minds they love one another when their actions and behaviors condemn the ones they claim to love, to hell. If a LGBTQ person actually "loved" someone, they would not be a part to entrapping that person into the bondage of eternal hell. Instead, they would be celibate and ask the person they "love" to also be celibate and not have sinful thoughts in their minds. Heterosexual plutonic friends do this with people of the same or different sex. We saw the outpouring of love in the NFL football game of the Bills and Bengals with Hamlin dying on the field. True love without sexual deviations. Even Paul taught it's best to be celibate than to lust after someone of the same or different sex. It's my belief that the "thorn" in Paul's side was same-sex attraction. But, Paul rose above the temptations and abstained from all sexual thoughts, acts and behaviors because of his conversion to Jesus Christ and His Gospel.

Well, you deserve it, that's all I can say.
Congratulations on your promotion. I didn't know that god appointed you to make that decision. I thought he was doing fine making those decisions himself.

Congratulations on your promotion. I didn't know that god appointed you to make that decision. I thought he was doing fine making those decisions himself.
I made no decision, I simply offered my opinion on your fate, that you deserve to burn, based on what a pos you are. Stop lying, hell bound.

One of the reasons normal American usage of the word “reprobate” Is not so frequent today is that it was in past often used … humorously, even affectionately.

“Bible Thumpers” don’t seem to have much of a sense of humor about this term, and it is passé even among many non-religious, partisan types who have no sense of humor at all. Too many of these see half our population as “demonrats” … just because of how they vote.

“I’m just an old reprobate” or “You’re my best friend … you old reprobate” can be easily misunderstood in these times!

The continuing impoverishment of our wonderful English language is sad.

But we should especially pity those who see mankind as divided into politically correct “believers” who will go to heaven, and “sinful disbelievers” condemned to hell.

Last edited:
What does Christianity and the New Testament say that a reprobate is?

Perfect example of one:

1661999019752.gif

Any Christians here who are wise and biblically knowledgable can correct me if this is wrong, but would you agree that the word "reprobate" - when used as a noun - is mostly a Calvinism thing? I mean, the only people I ever hear using that word in that way (basically a person who is completely hopeless) are Calvinists.

I could be wrong, but my view is that very few people are completely unredeemable. Jesus Himself said "with God all things are possible."

My Dad was an atheist for nearly his entire life, and we have a lot of evidence that he came to Christ at the very end of his life. So my view is, if God could save my Dad, He can save pretty much anyone. :dunno:

That said, it is true that sometimes God "gives people over" to what they want (even if it's evil actions or lies they chose to believe).... and when that happens, it is far less likely they will ever be redeemed. But even in that case, I don't think it's entirely impossible, as Calvinists would claim. Again, my fellow Christians here who are knowledgeable can correct me if that's wrong, I'm interested in hearing what they have to say.

An incorrigable. I highly doubt either terms are in the Bible.

miketx , I take it you disagree? :lol:

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't saying that everyone gets saved. I definitely don't believe in universalism. Jesus clearly said, "small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it"

I was just saying that pretty much everyone has the opportunity. Whether they take it or not is an entirely different matter.

Forum List

Back