Islam: Trying to Understand Jihad

The LORD your God will cut off before you the nations you are about to invade and dispossess. But when you have driven them out and settled in their land, and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, "How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same." That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. Destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. At the end of every seven years you must cancel debts. However, there should be no poor among you, for in the land the LORD your God is giving you to possess as your inheritance, he will richly bless you, lets pick and choose which book this came from and which part of the book is truly man's own evil and nothing of God

Well then there's the old "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"...or sword swipe or whatever. How sure are those taken up with the sword that doing so in such a wanton way, inventing sleights at they go just to justify a lust for violence is "the right way"? When men get swept up in a violent state of mind, their thoughts become blocked to intrusions from the Spirit to temper their momentum. At a given point, are they following the word of men or the word of God? How can they be sure? The Buddhists would say for them to stop momentarily and "be still" so they can find inner guidance.

You see, we need the wisdom of all religions. Fixating on just one can limit one's access to the Almighty.

That being said, I certainly sympathize with how angry Christians would be if the New York Times published an image of the Virgin Mary being raped by a donkey. That's the equivalent of what the Charlie Hebdoe place did. They failed to see why it is important to Muslims to not have their Prophet depicted...particularly depicted in a humiliating way.

I also get how jihadists are becoming out of control from their own sense of seeing "the infidels" getting out of control. The human societies are susceptible to the pendulum swing. I'm not islamic, have almost no knowledge of the faith. I am a Westerner immersed in the West all my life. And yet even I can see that my culture is so bizarrely out of control that when I STOP myself, seek inner silence and attempt to view the West from an Easterner's eyes, I become instantly consumed with shame for our overall culture.

Rest assured that there are those with a "sword in the mouth" fighting just as hard as those with one in hand right here at ground zero for freedom-gone-wild as there are in the Muslim world. We are known as "good christians". Few and far between I'll admit, but we are trying. We will see probably this year if we are making headway in trimming back the insanity. What Dick Cheney and his influence did to the Middle East is unforgivable. Many of the people the Muslims call "the infidels" are people just as angry at what happened there as they are.

Our society needs some moral structure that is missing. Islamics need some calming down that is missing. If the good people of both faiths who are keen to sit at God's right hand when all is said and done work towards these ends by STOPPING themselves mid-stride to take stock, to breathe....breathe...breathe... and then roll up their sleeves, perhaps escalation of violence will take a back seat to prudent progress towards a common goal (basic morality and self-restraint-Godliness)? I'm down. I've been working hard to achieve this goal. And I've made progress.

If my work at restoring a modicum of morality pans out, maybe it will give hope to others that a long and moderate commitment to a goal is much preferable (and much more permanent) than a fast violence "solution" which is no solution at all. It is a castle made of sand.

Last edited:
Then Moses set aside three cities east of the Jordan, 42 to which anyone who had killed a person could flee if he had unintentionally killed his neighbor without malice aforethought. He could flee into one of these cities and save his life. Moses sets murderers free among other cities and nations. nice

the interpretations of the bible by imam pigs is hilarious. In ancient Israel there were little areas of land set aside to store
persons who committed homicide AMONG ISRAELITS and in
the land owned by Israelites. -----as a way to separate them
from society-----essentially prison communities----the islamo Nazi pigs like to claim they were being sent out to OTHER lands to act like the dogs and sows who murder for allah and pig muhummad in Christian and hindu lands------islamo Nazi dogs and bitches are DESPERATE. No such luck
HATESEM Do not try to interpret the bible----you do not have a chance-----it is not the same shit as is the Koran ---the book that directs that your sluts tie bombs to their stinking asses to murder children

Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. mark of the beast?

wise up g....

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule.

As does the Christian bible. You should read it sometime. God directs the Israelites to invade lands and kill everyone in them and take the lands as God's gift to them. There are long, long sections of the bible devoted to these ethnic cleansings.

Again, read the Christian bible and the atrocities directed toward men, women, and children.

to whomever wrote the crap above. When reading the "Christian bible"------it is important to know what is going
on in the action described. The bible describes what are
essentially ONGOING wars. Conflicts already existing
between the Israelites and other groups. The "KILL THEM"---is nothing more than a military call to action
something like a war pep rally as might have been delivered
against the Japanese in 1941. The islamo Nazi propaganda
paints those words as if they demand imperialistic conquest
as was carried out by Arabian hordes during the "glorioius
age" of Islamic conquest NOPE---it does not.
i just did a quick trip threw deuteronomy and i've seen nothing but genocide murder and war. stop the hypocracy and start with those that led us to jihad threw their holy books and mouth of their God. take a hard look at the evil jihad born from the jews. this is the hell they and their war religion is leading us. lets face the truth.

I read deuternonomy-----in fact the whole bible and the whole Koran--------the Koran is pile of shit that leads to meccaist sluts murdering children------there is nothing in the bible that
leads to anything close the shit which is islam. There is
nothing "holy" about the stinking Koran. Deuteronomy describes law

The LORD your God will cut off before you the nations you are about to invade and dispossess. But when you have driven them out and settled in their land, and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, "How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same." That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. Destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. At the end of every seven years you must cancel debts. However, there should be no poor among you, for in the land the LORD your God is giving you to possess as your inheritance, he will richly bless you, lets pick and choose which book this came from and which part of the book is truly man's own evil and nothing of God

Well then there's the old "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"...or sword swipe or whatever. How sure are those taken up with the sword that doing so in such a wanton way, inventing sleights at they go just to justify a lust for violence is "the right way"? When men get swept up in a violent state of mind, their thoughts become blocked to intrusions from the Spirit to temper their momentum. At a given point, are they following the word of men or the word of God? How can they be sure? The Buddhists would say for them to stop momentarily and "be still" so they can find inner guidance.

You see, we need the wisdom of all religions. Fixating on just one can limit one's access to the Almighty.

That being said, I certainly sympathize with how angry Christians would be if the New York Times published an image of the Virgin Mary being raped by a donkey. That's the equivalent of what the Charlie Hebdoe place did. They failed to see why it is important to Muslims to not have their Prophet depicted...particularly depicted in a humiliating way.

I also get how jihadists are becoming out of control from their own sense of seeing "the infidels" getting out of control. The human societies are susceptible to the pendulum swing. I'm not islamic, have almost no knowledge of the faith. I am a Westerner immersed in the West all my life. And yet even I can see that my culture is so bizarrely out of control that when I STOP myself, seek inner silence and attempt to view the West from an Easterner's eyes, I become instantly consumed with shame for our overall culture.

Rest assured that there are those with a "sword in the mouth" fighting just as hard as those with one in hand right here at ground zero for freedom-gone-wild as there are in the Muslim world. We are known as "good christians". Few and far between I'll admit, but we are trying. We will see probably this year if we are making headway in trimming back the insanity. What Dick Cheney and his influence did to the Middle East is unforgivable. Many of the people the Muslims call "the infidels" are people just as angry at what happened there as they are.

Our society needs some moral structure that is missing. Islamics need some calming down that is missing. If the good people of both faiths who are keen to sit at God's right hand when all is said and done work towards these ends by STOPPING themselves mid-stride to take stock, to breathe....breathe...breathe... and then roll up their sleeves, perhaps escalation of violence will take a back seat to prudent progress towards a common goal (basic morality and self-restraint-Godliness)?
Well said and I agree with much of it. Mankind had it tough when we were young dumb and full of ... .. testosterone. We had to fight kill and struggle for everything it would seem. So, the good peaceful guys finished last, as they do today, and led us down this road to ruin. know the psychopaths, ceos, stars of all pursuasions now keep leading us down this road to death and hell for most if not all. It' s time to grow up and relax a bit. give heaven to each other and we all can have it. try to take it all for yourself and none of us can have it for long. so those that want it all in their lives and the hell with anybody after their lives, must be shunned and put down low once again. No need to kill them, I hope. But we do need to take our and God's power from them less they keep using it against us all for their private little man made heavens.. Time to evolve or perish as a species. sorry to say.

wise up g....

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule.

As does the Christian bible. You should read it sometime. God directs the Israelites to invade lands and kill everyone in them and take the lands as God's gift to them. There are long, long sections of the bible devoted to these ethnic cleansings.

Again, read the Christian bible and the atrocities directed toward men, women, and children.

to whomever wrote the crap above. When reading the "Christian bible"------it is important to know what is going
between the Israelites and other groups. The "KILL THEM"---is nothing more than a military call to action
i just did a quick trip threw deuteronomy and i've seen nothing but genocide murder and war. stop the hypocracy and start with those that led us to jihad threw their holy books and mouth of their God. take a hard look at the evil jihad born from the jews. this is the hell they and their war religion is leading us. lets face the truth.

I read deuternonomy-----in fact the whole bible and the whole Koran--------the Koran is pile of shit that leads to meccaist sluts murdering children------there is nothing in the bible that
so you would have the nazi do unto jew as your book say for jew to do unto all other nations? that's why your God sent Hitler to do his dirty work of trying to teach jews the error of their ways. and still they learned nothing. Do you agree with the words of conquest and slaughter in deuteronomy? yues or no? if yes, then it shall be done unto you by jihad. if no, then you can condemn violent jihadists . you must make a choice. it's either neither of these violent ways or both of them will destroy us all.

Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. mark of the beast?

Hatesem----you should give up reading anything at all----you are too stupid. It is not your fault------the problem is your legacy
of illiteracy. Feel free to ask questions but try not to
draw your own conclusions-----I read the Koran long ago----
but made no attempt to interpret it-----I learned about islam from
muslims..

wise up g....

so you would have the nazi do unto jew as your book say for jew to do unto all other nations? that's why your God sent Hitler to do his dirty work of trying to teach jews the error of their ways. and still they learned nothing. Do you agree with the words of conquest and slaughter in deuteronomy? yues or no? if yes, then it shall be done unto you by jihad. if no, then you can condemn violent jihadists . you must make a choice. it's either neither of these violent ways or both of them will destroy us all.

in order to discuss Deuteronomy----why not just pull out the pertinent verses that you imagine support the bullshit that you claim

wise up g....

what do you imagine the bible says jews should "do unto all 'other nations" ?? I read the book------I know but you clearly did not

what do you imagine the bible says jews should "do unto all 'other nations" ?? I read the book------I know but you clearly did not
they shall be your footstools? I give these nations unto you? utterly destroy them all and show no mercy? these are your God's words. not muslims, not mine

then the LORD will drive out all these nations before you, and you will dispossess nations larger and stronger than you. 24 Every place where you set your foot will be yours: Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the Euphrates River to the western sea. 25 No man will be able to stand against you. The LORD your God, as he promised you, will put the terror and fear of you on the whole land, wherever you go. 26 See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse-- 27 the blessingif you obey the commands of the LORD your God that I am giving you today; 28 the curse if you disobey the commands of the LORD your God and turn from the way that I command you today by following other gods, which you have not known.

they shall be your footstools? I give these nations unto you? utterly destroy them all and show no mercy? these are your God's words. not muslims, not mine

cite actual verses. The interpretations can be accomplished only in context. If your pig Imam told
you that their are verses in the bible directing that all NON JEWISH NATIONS "shall be the foot stools" of jews----then he is just as much a lying islamo Nazi pig as are you.
The only "utterly destroy" directives actually refer to
societies that engage in human sacrifice----mostly of children--- such societies did exist------they were the AMALEKIM-----the monsters who threw children into
fires to placate their "god"----moloch aka allah

then the LORD will drive out all these nations before you, and you will dispossess nations larger and stronger than you. 24 Every place where you set your foot will be yours: Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the Euphrates River to the western sea. 25 No man will be able to stand against you. The LORD your God, as he promised you, will put the terror and fear of you on the whole land, wherever you go. 26 See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse-- 27 the blessingif you obey the commands of the LORD your God that I am giving you today; 28 the curse if you disobey the commands of the LORD your God and turn from the way that I command you today by following other gods, which you have not known.

In these verses-----the description is of a relatively small area of land-----which is supposed to be the land of ISRAEL----it is not "THE WHOLE WORLD as the pig muhummad promised his disgusting followers In fact it is the area of land -------which according to the historical model was owned by ABRAHAM of which he and his people had been dispossessed earlier ------It does include some southern parts of Lebanon and a bit of Sinai-----and that's about it-----it does not include SPAIN or the INDIAN subcontinent or Egypt or even Babylon ----not Persia and not Greece. gee you are dim

If people had invaded Arabia -----and started murdering arabs---
1500 years ago-----and enslaving the populations-----and some guy named Muhummad had directed "lets get rid of them"---
then a comparison could be made between the bible and the Koran --------give it up Hatesem----you are making a fool of
yourself

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words

Hope this helps the OP understand the situation better.

In the time of the bible some people call the "OLD TESTAMENT" the land of Israel had been at the center of
invasion from both east Babylon, Assyria and Greece and from the west Egypt and to some extent from north and there were people who burned
children to death for their "god" EN MASSE ---the Amalekites. The wars described in the bible are against
those people ------it is not a manual directing world conquest by rape, murder, pillage and enslavement as is THE KORAN

In these verses-----the description is of a relatively small area of land-----which is supposed to be the land of ISRAEL----it is not "THE WHOLE WORLD as the pig muhummad promised his disgusting followers In fact it is the area of land -------which according to the historical model was owned by ABRAHAM of which he and his people had been dispossessed earlier ------It does include some southern parts of Lebanon and a bit of Sinai-----and that's about it-----it does not include SPAIN or the INDIAN subcontinent or Egypt or even Babylon ----not Persia and not Greece. gee you are dim

Now see, this is the exact type of inflammatory rhetoric that has no place in this discussion at all. However you may feel, decorum demands that you restrain yourself. You demand others restrain themselves? Well, then, lead by example or don't be suprised when you are treated the way you treat others..

It's like I'm talking to preschoolers here.. :cuckoo:

Refer to post #41 for details.

Last edited:

Now see, this is the exact type of inflammatory rhetoric that has no place in this discussion at all. However you may feel, decorum demands that you restrain yourself. You demand others restrain themselves? Well, then, lead by example or don't be suprised when you are treated the way you treat others..

It's like I'm talking to preschoolers here.. :cuckoo:

Refer to post #41 for details.

Forum List

Back