Islam: Trying to Understand Jihad

wise up g....

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule.

As does the Christian bible. You should read it sometime. God directs the Israelites to invade lands and kill everyone in them and take the lands as God's gift to them. There are long, long sections of the bible devoted to these ethnic cleansings.

Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding.

Again, read the Christian bible and the atrocities directed toward men, women, and children.

Unlike nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence, the verses of violence in the Quran are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not restrained by the historical context of the surrounding text. They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Quran.

The Quran s Verses of Violence

Selective bias fed to you by bigots.

Top Ten Ways Islamic Law forbids Terrorism

I instruct you in ten matters for war: Do not kill women, children, the old, or the infirm; do not cut down fruit-bearing trees; do not destroy any town. Do not slaughter sheep or camels except for food. Do not burn bees and do not scatter them. Do not steal from the booty, and do not be cowardly.

wise up g....

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule.

As does the Christian bible. You should read it sometime. God directs the Israelites to invade lands and kill everyone in them and take the lands as God's gift to them. There are long, long sections of the bible devoted to these ethnic cleansings.

Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding.

Again, read the Christian bible and the atrocities directed toward men, women, and children.

Unlike nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence, the verses of violence in the Quran are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not restrained by the historical context of the surrounding text. They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Quran.

did you even read the second paragraph before you run off with your insults....? Christianity has already dealt with its Biblical violence...Islam is still mired back in the 7th century...

I instruct you in ten matters for war: Do not kill women, children, the old, or the infirm; do not cut down fruit-bearing trees; do not destroy any town. Do not slaughter sheep or camels except for food. Do not burn bees and do not scatter them. Do not steal from the booty, and do not be cowardly.

did you even read/understand the second paragraph before you run off with your insults....? Christianity has already dealt with its Biblical violence...Islam is still mired back in the 7th century...

wise up g....

The Q'ran represents the direct words of Mohammad. For any comparisons rooted in reason rather than apologia, you would need to reference the direct words of Jesus, instead.

As to Juan Cole -- the man is an extremist leftist with an obvious agenda. Relying on anything by this man would be like a right winger quoting you David Duke.

wise up g....

You mean the Old Testament, right? The one the prophet Jesus came to repaint, shore up the foundation on...rennovate the kitchen? To build off of and trim the rot from?

The New Testament is what Christians practice. Do try to keep up.

This is why the Big Guy sends in prophets on a regular basis. Every good house needs to have scaffolding put up around it and the floorboard and joists replaced every couple hundred years. The termites get it. Next thing you know, the roof is leaking. And all this goes on while good people believe they are standing in a solid building. Time and constant insidious little diversions have a way of tearing even the best built houses apart.

Take well-meaning christians for example. Most of them believe that the Old Testament is their right to cite as a mandate for living. This is false. The New Testament is Jesus' Word and the New Way of Living. The Old Testament is the frame of reference of that which he came to amend. Old christians knew this "like duh!". But time and wooden reflexive chanting had their way with the collective mind. So the mistake became a diversion from the Truth; and is in the process of replacing it with a religion of false assumptions.

Last edited:
did you even read/understand the second paragraph before you run off with your insults....? Christianity has already dealt with its Biblical violence...Islam is still mired back in the 7th century...

Like most extreme leftists -- he identifies with Islamists because he and they hate the same thing.

Us.

Let me explain the reasons why

Attacks against Zionist Jews began 4 years after the Zionist invasion of 1925 once the Palestinian Farmers learned that the Zionists' plan was to murder and /or disappear them by any means necessary

That would enrage me, wouldn't you?

What SHOULD enrage you is that you are not receiving the proper treatment for the paranoid schizophrenia causing you these sorts of delusions.

I understand that it was very painful for you ADMIT that you were wrong.

Attacks against Zionist Jews began 4 years after the Zionist invasion of 1925 once the Palestinian Farmers learned that the Zionists' plan was to murder and /or disappear them by any means necessary

I understand that it was very painful for you ADMIT that you were wrong. Let me explain the reasons why. Attacks against Zionist Jews began 4 years after the Zionist invasion of 1925 once the Palestinian Farmers learned that the Zionists' plan was to murder and /or disappear them by any means necessary

The Palestinians have a legitimate beef. The Jews were placed in Israel to secure land to funnel oil to the US. Look at the timing and the industry. 1925, just starting to get into full swing in the oil production biznas..

Do I have something against Jews? No. I've met a lot of them; had/have several as good friends and their religion is no more appealing and no more revolting than all the rest. It's the men inhabiting the religion and tweaking it to their materialistic gains that I have a problem with.

The conversation about Jews being in Israel is one about oil, not religion. Try to bookmark that.

Last edited:

You are are an unabashed terrorist supporter, whose insane hatred of Jews blinds you to all else in the world.

I am not.

wise up g....

The Q'ran represents the direct words of Mohammad. For any comparisons rooted in reason rather than apologia, you would need to reference the direct words of Jesus, instead.

As to Juan Cole -- the man is an extremist leftist with an obvious agenda. Relying on anything by this man would be like a right winger quoting you David Duke.

yes....the Koran represents the direct words of Mohammad and his teachings supercede all teachings before him....Mohammad changed from a peaceful orientation to become a conquering warrior...

"For some mysterious reason, the PERFECT religion of Islam
is routinely "misunderstood" each and every day.

Since 9/11, terrorism in the name of Allah occurs in:

India and the Sudan and Algeria and New York and Pakistan and Israel and Russia and Chechnya and the Philippines and Indonesia and Nigeria and England and Thailand and Spain and Egypt and Bangladesh and Saudi Arabia and Turkey and Morocco and Yemen and Arkansas and France and Uzbekistan and Gaza and Tunisia and Kosovo and Bosnia and Mauritania and Kenya and Eritrea and Syria and Somalia and California and Kuwait and Virginia and Ethiopia and Georgia and Jordan and United Arab Emirates and Louisiana and Texas and Tanzania and Illinois and Pennsylvania and Belgium and Denmark and East Timor and Qatar and Maryland and Tajikistan and New Jersey and the Netherlands and Afghanistan and Chad and Oklahoma and Canada and Washington State and China and Nepal and the Maldives and Argentina and Mali and Angola and the Ukraine and Uganda and North Carolina and Germany and Arizona and Lebanon and Iran and Kazakhstan and Sweden and Azerbaijan and Iraq and Scotland and Macedonia and Bulgaria and Cameroon and Massachusetts and Djibouti and Australia and...

...and pretty much wherever Islam is taken seriously:

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who
are near to you, and let them find harshness in you,
and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty" Qur'an, Sura 9:123"

Islam Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time

Stop trying to play Dr Phil with the enemy & just fucking kill them. Every single one of them.
But from another's perspective, YOU are the enemy. Do you still feel the same way now? Madness isn't forgiven, no matter which side of the fence it's on. This was the same justification used at Charlie Hebdoe. It is madness. And at some point "Dr. Phil" has to enter the building. I'd just rather it be now instead of after everything is smouldering ashes and ruin.
I don't give a rats ass what their perspective it. They are religious nutjobs. Just kill them and stop all this touchy Feely nonsense
you are a funny guy gramps. Stupid but funny. there was a time when we could just pick up the bodies among the ruins and rebuild. That time is gone grampa. so go with it to the great peaceful rest beyond this world.

and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty" Qur'an, Sura 9:123

You seem to be more familiar with Islam than me. Did Muhammed mean that literally or just locally within a region ("are near to you") and in a way that might be more of a philosophical challenge vs an actual physical one?

wise up g....

yes....the Koran represents the direct words of Mohammad and his teachings supercede all teachings before him....Mohammad changed from a peaceful orientation to become a conquering warrior...

"For some mysterious reason, the PERFECT religion of Islam
is routinely "misunderstood" each and every day.

Since 9/11, terrorism in the name of Allah occurs in:

India and the Sudan and Algeria and New York and Pakistan and Israel and Russia and Chechnya and the Philippines and Indonesia and Nigeria and England and Thailand and Spain and Egypt and Bangladesh and Saudi Arabia and Turkey and Morocco and Yemen and Arkansas and France and Uzbekistan and Gaza and Tunisia and Kosovo and Bosnia and Mauritania and Kenya and Eritrea and Syria and Somalia and California and Kuwait and Virginia and Ethiopia and Georgia and Jordan and United Arab Emirates and Louisiana and Texas and Tanzania and Illinois and Pennsylvania and Belgium and Denmark and East Timor and Qatar and Maryland and Tajikistan and New Jersey and the Netherlands and Afghanistan and Chad and Oklahoma and Canada and Washington State and China and Nepal and the Maldives and Argentina and Mali and Angola and the Ukraine and Uganda and North Carolina and Germany and Arizona and Lebanon and Iran and Kazakhstan and Sweden and Azerbaijan and Iraq and Scotland and Macedonia and Bulgaria and Cameroon and Massachusetts and Djibouti and Australia and...

...and pretty much wherever Islam is taken seriously:

and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty" Qur'an, Sura 9:123"

Yep.

Anybody who actually knows anything realizes that the verses the apologists cherrypick like they do are from his early years, but as he gained more and more power, and was able to kill more and more people, his teachings became more violent.

Those are the ones the Islamists follow.

You are are an unabashed terrorist supporter, whose insane hatred of Jews blinds you to all else in the world.

I am not.

Let me see if I understand you correctly.

You are to Bibi what Monica Lewinsky was to slick willy, is that right?

/

Anybody who actually knows anything realizes that the verses the apologists cherrypick like they do are from his early years, but as he gained more and more power, and was able to kill more and more people, his teachings became more violent.

Those are the ones the Islamists follow.

For some strange reason, men of all faiths seem to gravitate towards the little temporal diversions from the true Word that favor violence and taking over territories.

I used to sit with my sister and watch simians of all varieties while she got her masters in anthropology. They are very political. The males like to fight. This isn't godly behavior at all. It is precisely the experiment the Supreme One set to test which men would make good company and which would not.

Fighting and violence are the easiest things for men to do. They are like breathing or walking or taking a dump. What is hard for men to do is to calm themselves, seek an inner voice and use diplomacy instead. That is NOT men's first nature I can assure you. The Big Guy doesn't have time to pal around with simians. He wants angels by his side. Ones with inner strength to resist the material temptations that are as strong as titanium. Kneejerk capitulation to violence doesn't cut the muster. Sorry.

The LORD your God will cut off before you the nations you are about to invade and dispossess. But when you have driven them out and settled in their land, and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, "How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same." That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. Destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. At the end of every seven years you must cancel debts. However, there should be no poor among you, for in the land the LORD your God is giving you to possess as your inheritance, he will richly bless you, lets pick and choose which book this came from and which part of the book is truly man's own evil and nothing of God

and when the LORD your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy. 3 Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, 4 for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the LORD's anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you.You must destroy all the peoples the LORD your God gives over to you. Do not look on them with pity and do not serve their gods, for that will be a snare to you. so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman (american idol, politics, hollywood etc.)

Then Moses set aside three cities east of the Jordan, 42 to which anyone who had killed a person could flee if he had unintentionally killed his neighbor without malice aforethought. He could flee into one of these cities and save his life. Moses sets murderers free among other cities and nations. nice

wise up g....

to whomever wrote the crap above. When reading the "Christian bible"------it is important to know what is going
on in the action described. The bible describes what are
essentially ONGOING wars. Conflicts already existing
between the Israelites and other groups. The "KILL THEM"---is nothing more than a military call to action
something like a war pep rally as might have been delivered
against the Japanese in 1941. The islamo Nazi propaganda
paints those words as if they demand imperialistic conquest
as was carried out by Arabian hordes during the "glorioius
age" of Islamic conquest NOPE---it does not.

wise up g....

to whomever wrote the crap above. When reading the "Christian bible"------it is important to know what is going
on in the action described. The bible describes what are
essentially ONGOING wars. Conflicts already existing
between the Israelites and other groups. The "KILL THEM"---is nothing more than a military call to action
something like a war pep rally as might have been delivered
against the Japanese in 1941. The islamo Nazi propaganda
paints those words as if they demand imperialistic conquest
as was carried out by Arabian hordes during the "glorioius
age" of Islamic conquest NOPE---it does not.
i just did a quick trip threw deuteronomy and i've seen nothing but genocide murder and war. stop the hypocracy and start with those that led us to jihad threw their holy books and mouth of their God. take a hard look at the evil jihad born from the jews. this is the hell they and their war religion is leading us. lets face the truth.

Forum List

Back