Zone1 Is Your Body a Temple or a Graveyard?

Based on some of your posts, you have a very different overall take on Christianity than mine and that of most Christians I've encountered.

Actually, I have met some Catholics who hold views similar to yours.

I think we need to be careful about trying to fit Christianity into worldly ideas. Or trying to make the entire bible poetry, when that wasn't the intent of all the authors. Sure, of course there is poetry and metaphor within the bible, but there are several different literary genres, it's not all poetry as some people choose to believe.

I have many reasons for believing the bible. It's not something I grew up with, so it's not something that someone just told me to believe. In fact, as I've mentioned before, I was a nonbeliever for a long time, and I used to have all the worldly views, like evolution, etc. I have a number of good reasons to believe the bible. At least the original texts that haven't been tampered with or added to.
Anything which is true is the word of God. Rather than idolizing a religion, I would rather idolize God. And that means to not take positions that make God look like a twit which requires one to look for deeper meanings. That's not viewing every passage as poetic or metaphorical. That's discovering the intent of the author. And yes, there are many different literary styles employed; prophetic, historical, law, poetic, wisdom, allegorical, etc. I don't use a one size fits all strategy. I treat each book, passage as it presents itself. Establishing context and literary style is the first step.

You people seem to think I should fit into your Christian narrative worldview. I think you people should fit into God's worldview. Yes, I am a Christian and there is nothing I believe that is contrary to Christian thought despite your inability to comprehend what I am saying.

A lot of people say, "we have dominion over the animals, so we can do what we want with them".... but the amazing (and funny) thing is... IN THE VERY NEXT VERSE after the verse on dominion in God's image, we were given a 100% plantbased diet.
Yes and my take on that is that was historical and not a command from God. The first humans probably were vegetarians. Why do I believe that? Because it makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that God commanded humans to be vegetarians and then reversed himself.

What a thing to say! :oops:

Though l doubt G-d cares if He looks like a twit.
I doubt God does either because he's not. Just as I don't care if others think I'm a twit. Sometimes I am and sometimes I'm not. But getting back to your being surprised by my statement... it's not about God being a twit, it's about getting the intent of these accounts correct. If you interpret a passage in such a way that it makes God look like a twit, you don't understand the passage correctly. And the important thing is to discover the truth of the passage.

I doubt God does either because he's not. Just as I don't care if others think I'm a twit. Sometimes I am and sometimes I'm not. But getting back to your being surprised by my statement... it's not about God being a twit, it's about getting the intent of these accounts correct. If you interpret a passage in such a way that it makes God look like a twit, you don't understand the passage correctly. And the important thing is to discover the truth of the passage.

I was wondering what a twit looks like. I don’t think it is an Americanism.

But you got the idea of a fallen world from the account of Adam and Eve. Who else do you blame for it?

No, I got the idea of a fallen world from the Bible and from looking at the world with my own two eyes every day. Seriously I still can't believe you're trying to argue that this is not a fallen world.

As for who I blame, I would say the blame goes to human beings AND the spiritual enemy of God. Oh, and also to the fallen angels (who are briefly mentioned in Genesis 6) who taught mankind all sorts of evil things, as we can read about in the book of Enoch.

Anything which is true is the word of God. Rather than idolizing a religion, I would rather idolize God. And that means to not take positions that make God look like a twit which requires one to look for deeper meanings. That's not viewing every passage as poetic or metaphorical. That's discovering the intent of the author. And yes, there are many different literary styles employed; prophetic, historical, law, poetic, wisdom, allegorical, etc. I don't use a one size fits all strategy. I treat each book, passage as it presents itself. Establishing context and literary style is the first step.

You people seem to think I should fit into your Christian narrative worldview. I think you people should fit into God's worldview. Yes, I am a Christian and there is nothing I believe that is contrary to Christian thought despite your inability to comprehend what I am saying.

Oh come on! You have argued that this is not a fallen world, and that you don't believe in an actual heaven, and a number of things that are not standard Christian positions. So why get all bent out of shape when I say that your take on Christianity is different than mine and that of most Christians I know? I mean, I've been accused of that too on this thread, at least on this particular issue. No one is idolizing a religion. I agree with you that GOD is the most important thing.

ETA: if I misunderstood your view on heaven or other things we've been discussing, please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't want to put words in your mouth.

Last edited:
Anything which is true is the word of God. Rather than idolizing a religion, I would rather idolize God. And that means to not take positions that make God look like a twit which requires one to look for deeper meanings.

What positions are you talking about?

No, I got the idea of a fallen world from the Bible and from looking at the world with my own two eyes every day. Seriously I still can't believe you're trying to argue that this is not a fallen world.

As for who I blame, I would say the blame goes to human beings AND the spiritual enemy of God. Oh, and also to the fallen angels (who are briefly mentioned in Genesis 6) who taught mankind all sorts of evil things, as we can read about in the book of Enoch.
I'm pretty sure you got your idea from Adam and Eve. At least that was the account that you referenced a "cursed ground."

Did mankind really need to be taught "evil" things?

I'm pretty sure you got your idea from Adam and Eve. At least that was the account that you referenced a "cursed ground."

Did mankind really need to be taught "evil" things?

We've been through this a few times before. I don't even need the Bible to tell me that this world is corrupted, all one has to do is open their eyes and look around, watch the nightly news, etc.

Again, you are arguing against something so plainly obvious, you might as well argue that the sky is not blue or grass is not green.

Oh come on! You have argued that this is not a fallen world, and that you don't believe in an actual heaven, and a number of things that are not standard Christian positions. So why get all bent out of shape when I say that your take on Christianity is different than mine and that of most Christians I know? I mean, I've been accused of that too on this thread, at least on this particular issue. No one is idolizing a religion. I agree with you that GOD is the most important thing.

ETA: if I misunderstood your view on heaven or other things we've been discussing, please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't want to put words in your mouth.
Just because I don't believe heaven is a place or won't go beyond saying heaven is being eternally with God, that doesn't mean I don't believe in heaven. I think there is way too much emphasis on heaven and hell and not enough emphasis on the journey.

I'm not bent out of shape because I don't meet your standard of Christian. Would you get bent out of shape if I said that about you?

What positions are you talking about?
There's quite a few I have heard even if others don't recognize them as making God look bad or petty. We've been discussing one of them here... the fall of man. Did man fall or is this exactly how God expected it to turn out and indeed plan for.

We've been through this a few times before. I don't even need the Bible to tell me that this world is corrupted, all one has to do is open their eyes and look around, watch the nightly news, etc.
People frequently think that the evils in the world are more numerous than the good things, that just isn't the case.

There's quite a few I have heard even if others don't recognize them as making God look bad or petty. We've been discussing one of them here... the fall of man. Did man fall or is this exactly how God expected it to turn out and indeed plan for.

There are some controversial things in the old testament that I thought you might bring up. But the fall of man? I really don't see how that is such a controversial or surprising thing. I mean, just look at human beings on a daily basis. It's visibly obvious that they are prone to putting themselves first, not going by the golden rule, disregarding God and God's laws, things like that. So why is it so surprising that human beings sinned?

Or am I misunderstanding the part that is controversial to you? Is it the repercussions, the world changing because of the fall?

Last edited:
People frequently think that the evils in the world are more numerous than the good things, that just isn't the case.

I already said earlier that I agree with you that there are many good things in this world. I said, I agree that there is still beauty, goodness, and still a lot of blessings in this world, as well as people who do good or great things, etc.

Recognizing the reality that there's a lot of bad stuff doesn't negate all the good. Both exist.

Again, you are arguing against something so plainly obvious, you might as well argue that the sky is not blue or grass is not green.
I see it the other way around. The good vastly outweighs the bad. It's not even close.

Forum List

Back