Is Tom Cruise still the biggest draw of all time

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Itā€™s been 4 decades and he still is putting out mega movies ever year .
He has hundreds of millions but never quit and he still looks young
. Great actors like Russell Crowe and others disappeared so fast
I am not a huge fan of his movies and I usually skip them but 4 decade at the top !!! Wow

Other greats are Brad Pitt ( but he seems more retired)
De Niro is one of the best ever but should be taken out to the ā€œglue factory ā€œ

Cruise obviously has special connections to Hollywood producers and financiers most other actors donā€™t to be able to be in high demand as he is fir so long,that just does not happen to actors if they donā€™t, I mean get real,he is no Lawrence of Olivia and in his early years,he was not that good an actor at all,he only got good in his later years learning g from the greats like Paul Newman and Dustin Hoffman.

As far as looking great,itā€™s not natural,itā€™s because he had plastic surgery done.lol.

Thatā€™s what amazes me on brat Pitt you mentioned cause as far as I know,he has NOT had plastic surgery and he looks as good as cruise does.

Jason Manoa (spelling?) is rising fast. Cruise is meh and blah. Reeves is a truly NICE guy, which is why he has gotten where he is. He will continue to rise. So will whatshisface....Dwayne Johnson.

Cruise is a short little dude with a fucked up belief system called Scientology.

Granted, he's been in some really good movies, but I credit the writers, not Cruise for the success of the movies.

yeah but the top paid actors are Dwayne followed by the super hero's
Cruise is 58

Cruise is a short little dude with a fucked up belief system called Scientology.

Granted, he's been in some really good movies, but I credit the writers, not Cruise for the success of the movies.
....why do you hate the white man so much? ..just because he makes more than you...you people [ blacks/Obama/etc ] hate rich white men

....why do you hate the white man so much? ..just because he makes more than you...you people [ blacks/Obama/etc ] hate rich white men

I don't dislike Tom Cruise because he's white, I dislike him because he's a mediocre actor who has a fucked up belief system. But, keep viewing everything through partisan lenses if that helps you sleep at night.

Tom Cruise has an outstanding knack to pick roles that fit him well and a movie that will be entertaining. Being crazy has no bearing on whether you are entertaining or not. He comes off as a guy many want to be: good looking screw up with a heroic inner strength that wasnā€™t always apparent but saves the day/universe.

Tom Gun
Risk Business
A Few Good Men
Edge of Tomorrow (one of my favs of all time)
Minority Report
Jerry McGuire
Mission Impossible 1-99
The Firm
Color of Money
Oblivion
Rainman

He has some clunkers like Days of Thunder And Mummy but overall great flicks.

Sorry, but Top Gun was a mess of a movie. When it first came out, I thought it was a great flick, but then after I was stationed with an aviation outfit (VFA-131 Wildcats), I found out how flawed that movie really was.

I mean, they said that he was in the middle of the Indian Ocean when he flew against Russian MIG's (which weren't MIG's at all), but you can still see the mountains in the background. Sorry, but there aren't any mountains in the middle of the Indian Ocean. I know, because I've been there.

Cruise, like Mel Gibson, is Hollywood royalty that can't die. Remember when Gibson's career was dead for maybe a week? Then he made a ridiculously good movie. and everybody forgot that he hates Jews.

Cruise, like Mel Gibson, is Hollywood royalty that can't die. Remember when Gibson's career was dead for maybe a week? Then he made a ridiculously good movie. and everybody forgot that he hates Jews.

Which movie was it that Gibson was in that made everyone forget that he hates Jews?

And, while I've liked the Road Warrior movies, as well as have a fondness for the movie Braveheart, there isn't really any movie that he's made that can make me forget his meltdown over Jewish people.

Personally, I think that Gibson stinks on ice as a human being, but he has made some decent flicks that I enjoy. I can separate the person from the roles that they have played.

I used to really think Kid Rock was an okay dude, that is, until he opened his mouth about his politics. Now? I think Kid Rock is a stupendous ass hat, but that doesn't change how I feel about the music he made that I like. Just means that even assholes can do good on occasion.

Which movie was it that Gibson was in that made everyone forget that he hates Jews?

And, while I've liked the Road Warrior movies, as well as have a fondness for the movie Braveheart, there isn't really any movie that he's made that can make me forget his meltdown over Jewish people.

Personally, I think that Gibson stinks on ice as a human being, but he has made some decent flicks that I enjoy. I can separate the person from the roles that they have played.

I used to really think Kid Rock was an okay dude, that is, until he opened his mouth about his politics. Now? I think Kid Rock is a stupendous ass hat, but that doesn't change how I feel about the music he made that I like. Just means that even assholes can do good on occasion.

Apocalypto. That was one of the best films ever, and this Jew hater made it. It was so good that I kinda started hating Jews.

Sorry, but Top Gun was a mess of a movie. When it first came out, I thought it was a great flick, but then after I was stationed with an aviation outfit (VFA-131 Wildcats), I found out how flawed that movie really was.

I mean, they said that he was in the middle of the Indian Ocean when he flew against Russian MIG's (which weren't MIG's at all), but you can still see the mountains in the background. Sorry, but there aren't any mountains in the middle of the Indian Ocean. I know, because I've been there.
Itā€™s a movie to be entertaining!!! Like Mission Impossible isnt how espionage occurs. My dad was a fighter pilot. He was like ā€œdog fights are settled in seconds from miles awayā€ but that would make a boring movie.

Itā€™s a movie to be entertaining!!! Like Mission Impossible isnt how espionage occurs. My dad was a fighter pilot. He was like ā€œdog fights are settled in seconds from miles awayā€ but that would make a boring movie.

Hey, at the very least they should have edited out the mountains in the background. Sorry, but mountains aren't in the middle of the IO. Like I said, I've been there.

Hey, at the very least they should have edited out the mountains in the background. Sorry, but mountains aren't in the middle of the IO. Like I said, I've been there.
It was 1986. Also the aircraft used for the fictional MiG-28s are Northrop F-5E and F Tiger IIs.

It was 1986. Also the aircraft used for the fictional MiG-28s are Northrop F-5E and F Tiger IIs.

I already knew that. Built a lot of model airplanes in my life, and as a matter of fact, I built several planes for the squadron to do simulations with. And yeah, I know the difference between a MIG and a Tiger.

Tom Cruise has an outstanding knack to pick roles that fit him well and a movie that will be entertaining. Being crazy has no bearing on whether you are entertaining or not. He comes off as a guy many want to be: good looking screw up with a heroic inner strength that wasnā€™t always apparent but saves the day/universe.

Tom Gun
Risk Business
A Few Good Men
Edge of Tomorrow (one of my favs of all time)
Minority Report
Jerry McGuire
Mission Impossible 1-99
The Firm
Color of Money
Oblivion
Rainman

He has some clunkers like Days of Thunder And Mummy but overall great flicks.
Some entertaining movies there. I also liked War of the Worlds and Edge of Tomorrow with Emily Blunt.
Did I mention it has Emily Blunt?

Last edited:
Cruise gets to pick which movies to be in. He chooses them well. Nobody cares whether he is a good actor or not; the stories and the productions are consistently entertaining. That's why "we" go to the movies - to be entertained. Not to be educated. Not to be insulted. Not to be indoctrinated.

Who knew?

Russel Crowe and Sean Connery are not liked by most directors and actors and their careers have faded away.

Forum List

Back