It's About Goddamn Time...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
After being together for the better part of 12 years, my daughter's boyfriend finally took to a knee and asked for my daughter's hand in marriage.

About a week ago, he contacted me and asked for my blessing. I quickly noted that he wasn't asking permission; this was happening regardless (we had a good laugh over that). Of course, I gave him. my blessing and expressed how happy I was. The kid really is an absolute class act.

Dominic treats my daughter like a queen and, while my ex wife and I agree on just about nothing, I know we agree on the high regard in which we hold Dom.

So, yeah... anyone know what weddings cost these days? Asking for a friend...

After being together for the better part of 12 years, my daughter's boyfriend finally took to a knee and asked for my daughter's hand in marriage.

About a week ago, he contacted me and asked for my blessing. I quickly noted that he wasn't asking permission; this was happening regardless (we had a good laugh over that). Of course, I gave him. my blessing and expressed how happy I was. The kid really is an absolute class act.

Dominic treats my daughter like a queen and, while my ex wife and I agree on just about nothing, I know we agree on the high regard in which we hold Dom.

That's great, I'm happy for you all! Nice to end the day on some good news. No clue about wedding costs these days tho.

Jessy and Dom have long eschewed excess, so I would be surprised if they opted for a big, extravagant wedding. I would much rather give them $10,000 for a wedding present then spend a shit-ton of money on a wedding...

The good thing about how long it took is that it wasn't too soon. By now, your daughter should most definitely know the kind of man that she is saying her "I do." too. In your opinion, how many years too long did the guy take to ask her? :) :) :)

God bless you and her and her husband to be always!!!

Holly

P.S. How much a wedding is I am sure depends on whatever a person wants as a part of it enough: flowers, doves, the kind of reception afterwards etc. To me, the most important things are the preacher and the rings with the dress and tux being the next two things. After that, the only other thing would be the reception. I can't see invitations being so important anymore when the word of a wedding can be spread online now through places like Face Book, emails, and text messages.

If marrying in Vegas, I think the biggest expense is the road trip.

Forum List

Back