Is THIS what the end of the world will look like?

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.

Scientists spot a star swallowing a planet – and warn the same will happen to Earth in 5 billion years​

• Astronomers spotted a star swallowing a planet 12,000 light-years away from us
  • When our sun runs out of fuel it will engulf Mercury, Venus and possibly Earth too.

Scientists spot a star swallowing a planet – and warn the same will happen to Earth in 5 billion years​

• Astronomers spotted a star swallowing a planet 12,000 light-years away from us
  • When our sun runs out of fuel it will engulf Mercury, Venus and possibly Earth too.

Wake me in 5 billion years. Yawn.

Until then, we must do everything we can to lower the earth's temperature by 0.5 degrees, so we don't burn up and die.

:laughing0301:

The earth will be in existence for about ten billion years.

Microbial life came into existence after a few hundred million years but multi cell was at about four billion years. In about another half billion years mutli cell will come to an end and then the earth will be around for another four billion.

In other words in the ten billion years the earth will exist advance life will on;y be viable 1/10th of the time. And that assumes there will not be a mass extinction event that kills off everything.

If we ever go star trekking across the universe if we find an earth like planet there is probably only a one chance in ten that there will mulit cell life.

Based on everything that's been going on lately, one would think it looks like this:

iu

That's a nice guess. What is your definition of "advanced life." Evolution does not support your theory.
Only referring to multi cell. I wasn't talking about intelligence, just multi cell organisms. Evolution says multi cell evolved from single cell.

You don’t think any life forms will survive?
The reports that I have seen from Cool World Lab (Columbia University) said that in about 500 million years the earth will be hostile to multi cell organisms. However, simple bacteria and other single cell organisms will probably be around for a few hundred millions years after that.

The reports that I have seen from Cool World Lab (Columbia University) said that in about 500 million years the earth will be hostile to multi cell organisms. However, simple bacteria and other single cell organisms will probably be around for a few hundred millions years after that.

Interesting… never know what evolution will bring us. My money is on the cockroach

This is an interesting video

He seemed to present a likelihood of another couple rounds of evolutionary species. In the timeframe of a billion years I’d have to agree. Unless we get sucked into a black hole or something

He seemed to present a likelihood of another couple rounds of evolutionary species. In the timeframe of a billion years I’d have to agree. Unless we get sucked into a black hole or something
He said he had no idea but a half billion years of more evolution has the potential to produce just about anything.

I've read that the Earth will be uninhabitable in around 2 billion years ... solar radiation will blast all the atmosphere and oceans off the planet ... not only will the Sun be stronger, but the Earth's protective magnetic field will be weaker ... the Earth's surface will be stripped clean like Mercury's is today ... before the dirt and rocks start boiling off ...

I'll start the popcorn ...

Forum List

Back