Is This A Dangerous Dog?

What Should Happen To The Dog?

• Total voters
This is a tough subject. Fundamentally, I believe they're a very hostile breed. That's my gut feeling.

and you would be wrong...rotties are not a hostile breed...there are no hostile breeds...there are dogs that will bite more easily than others but that does not make them hostile....

Rule 1, don't approach a strange without permission.

Rule 2, when in doubt, see rule 1.

Good point. Country people like ourselves have to tread very carefully, because even out here, it's hard to trust someone. Everyone is paranoid.

i dont know where you live but here we trust each other.....and dont have the level of paranoid that you seem to have....

where are you pretending to be from in the 'country'

Story around here for the last few weeks. Woman gets bitten on the arm by a pit bull, needs surgery.

Woman is walking near the hospital, sees another woman walking her dog. Dog does not have a muzzle. Woman approaches dog, and woman with dog says not to go near it, she has rescued it several weeks ago from an abusive family, does not know how dog will react.

Woman ignores requests not to approach, walks up to dog, bends over to give it a pat. Dog attacks her, biting her arm. She gets free, tells owner that dog should have had a muzzle. Woman with dog replies that no muzzle fits, and that she said not to approach the dog. Woman who is injured then says that dog is dangerous and should not be on the streets.

Woman has surgery, dog is seized by council and may yet be destroyed. Injured 'victim' previously worked with council, seizing dangerous dogs, which makes this case so ridiculous.

Who is to blame here? The stupid bitch who ignored requests to stay away from the animal, or the dog for feeling scared and protecting itself? What should happen to the dog?

They are both stupid and at fault. The woman who was walking a dog that might attack others should have had a muzzle on it. The other woman should have heeded the warning to stay away from the dog. They are both incredibly stupid, irresponsible and at fault. The dog should, at the very least, be under restrictions: it should not be allowed outside of the home without a muzzle.

Both women are to blame. The dog is just an animal that doesn't really know any better. I would think a woman with experience on a council relegated to destroying dangerous animals would have known better than to approach a strange dog. If I had been the owner of the dog, I would have insisted and demanded that she not approach and/or touch my dog.

How are both women to blame?

I think the bitch on a council regulated to destroying dangerous animals did it on purpose.

I think the other woman could have been more demanding in that she not touch her dog. If I didn't want someone to pat my dog, they would not pat my dog. :D

As she knew it was likely to bite, she should have had a muzzle on it.

If you take a dangerous dog out in public you are still responsible. Even if you carry a "Beware of Dog" sign

The woman was stupid to try to pet it, but the owner is still responsible

The dog bit the lady. Nothing else matters.
Where this goes depends on the lady that got bit.
Believe me. My dog bit the neighbor the other day.
She could sue me out of house and home.
But I haven't gotten a single bill. Because the neighbor is a kind and understanding person.
There are people like that in the world.

How are both women to blame?

I think the bitch on a council regulated to destroying dangerous animals did it on purpose.

I think the other woman could have been more demanding in that she not touch her dog. If I didn't want someone to pat my dog, they would not pat my dog. :D

I agree. I don't think I would take my dog out in the public without one if I knew it had a tendency to bite. I would petrified that it might bite somebody, and especially a child, and if your dog bites somebody, you ARE going to be liable, regardless of whether or not you told the person not to approach your animal.

According to the story, she stated that she couldn't find a muzzle to fit the dog. I wonder how big the dog's head is, because I think that most muzzles are adjustable.

The dog bit the lady. Nothing else matters.
Where this goes depends on the lady that got bit.
Believe me. My dog bit the neighbor the other day.
She could sue me out of house and home.
But I haven't gotten a single bill. Because the neighbor is a kind and understanding person.
There are people like that in the world.

That's right, and that's why I said it was the fault of both women. You are always going to be held liable for your pets, and if you KNOW that your dog bites, then you should not bring it out amongst other people without being muzzled. First off, it could escape from you and seriously injure someone.

That said, the other lady (who approached and pet the dog) does seem like a trouble-making bitch.

I agree. I don't think I would take my dog out in the public without one if I knew it had a tendency to bite. I would petrified that it might bite somebody, and especially a child, and if your dog bites somebody, you ARE going to be liable, regardless of whether or not you told the person not to approach your animal.

According to the story, she stated that she couldn't find a muzzle to fit the dog. I wonder how big the dog's head is, because I think that most muzzles are adjustable.

That she couldn't find a muzzle to fit it isn't an excuse. In that case, she shouldn't have taken it out in public. She should have waited until she got a proper muzzle. Maybe there wasn't one in a nearby shop, but she surely should could find one online. Dogs like that should have muzzles, and if it bites someone because it didn't have one, the owner should be held legally responsible.

Last edited:
This is a tough subject. Fundamentally, I believe they're a very hostile breed. That's my gut feeling.

not the idiot that approached the dog or the owner that probably should have had it muzzled.

It does seem that when you hear about a kid getting their face ripped it's usually a Pit or a Rot. They were bred to be hostile I believe, especially the Pits.

That she couldn't find a muzzle to fit it isn't an excuse. In that case, she shouldn't have taken it out in public. She should have waited until she got a proper muzzle. Maybe there wasn't one in a nearby shop, but she surely should could find one online. Dogs like that should have muzzles, and if it bites someone because it didn't have one, the owner should be held legally responsible.

I know that. :) I was agreeing with you.

Story around here for the last few weeks. Woman gets bitten on the arm by a pit bull, needs surgery.

Woman is walking near the hospital, sees another woman walking her dog. Dog does not have a muzzle. Woman approaches dog, and woman with dog says not to go near it, she has rescued it several weeks ago from an abusive family, does not know how dog will react.

Woman ignores requests not to approach, walks up to dog, bends over to give it a pat. Dog attacks her, biting her arm. She gets free, tells owner that dog should have had a muzzle. Woman with dog replies that no muzzle fits, and that she said not to approach the dog. Woman who is injured then says that dog is dangerous and should not be on the streets.

Woman has surgery, dog is seized by council and may yet be destroyed. Injured 'victim' previously worked with council, seizing dangerous dogs, which makes this case so ridiculous.

Who is to blame here? The stupid bitch who ignored requests to stay away from the animal, or the dog for feeling scared and protecting itself? What should happen to the dog?

I can't believe no one has posted this yet:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is worth noting that apparently, Rotties are not on the list of dangerous dogs and therefore do not need to wear muzzles in public.

and you would be wrong...rotties are not a hostile breed...there are no hostile breeds...there are dogs that will bite more easily than others but that does not make them hostile....

Let's just say, that I'm not going to take any chances with them, which means, I won't screw around with anyone who has one.

If I told someone not to approach my dog and they kept coming I would get between my dog and the person and tell the person to STOP NOW! If that didn't work, I'd probably pepper spray them in self-defense. I am very damn protective of my dogs, just because of this sort of thing.

It is worth noting that apparently, Rotties are not on the list of dangerous dogs and therefore do not need to wear muzzles in public.

A responsible dog owner would put one on a dog like the one in the OP, one that has a history of attacking or of being abused, just to be sure it doesn't bite anyone. Just saying stay away from my dog is not good enough. As well, I would never approach a dog such as Rottweiler, German Sheppard, and any other dog bread that is used for protection or attack, that has a history of being aggressive, or that's big enough to rip your hand off.

If I told someone not to approach my dog and they kept coming I would get between my dog and the person and tell the person to STOP NOW! If that didn't work, I'd probably pepper spray them in self-defense. I am very damn protective of my dogs, just because of this sort of thing.

Some people are just ignorant, I think.

Woman A was responsible to have dog on a leash and gave warning. Woman B should not be allowed to have a drivers liscense and shouldnt get out of bed in the morning. Its a dangerous world out there

Just like guns there's too many people who think they're responsible handlers when, in fact, they're not. No dog breed in itself is inherently dangerous, however there are some breeds that shouldn't be handled with proper training. Obviously this woman wasn't one of them. On the other hand, some dogs are just beyond that point and should be put down.

The lady who did not listen to lady with the dog, she is dangerous

Forum List

Back