Is there really white privilege?

Again, so what? I’ve worked with some people for years and we don’t go to lunch. If they quit I wouldn’t even say goodbye.

I think your struggle here, other than proving any privilege, is your own biases and your own notions of how others should act. Did you go to lunch with any of the three?

I went to the going away lunches of all three.

The point I was making was that being white and pretty gave this woman more attention than being of color and competent.
Being pretty gave her more attention. An ugly woman of whatever race would be ignored, A pretty Chinese girl would get taken to lunch before a frumpy, overweight 50 year old white woman.

Follow the golden rule and you will have all kinds of rewards snd privledges instead of being a slug who bitches and moans about privledges and tries to deny others their just desserts from doing the right thing.

No shit. It’s almost like you never noticed runway models. Shockingly the homely librarian never made center fold in Playboy.

She wasn't applying to be a runway model or a centerfold. (Actually, the girl was kind of plain looking, but never mind). You keep avoiding the point, that she got recognition and preference for merely being white.
So she went from pretty to plain looking. But you’re convinced her being white is the sole reason. Do you know what your point is?

Follow the golden rule and you will have all kinds of rewards snd privledges instead of being a slug who bitches and moans about privledges and tries to deny others their just desserts from doing the right thing.

Actually, I've found the opposite. People who work hard get screwed and people who suck up get rewarded.
This actually sounds more like someone who isn’t that good at their job and has decided it’s the white female interns fault his promotion hasn’t gone through. Because she has privilege or some stupid thing.

White privilige exists. It is just one kind of privelige. Class is another major one. Social convention is another. And then there is ethnic identity, which may become another source of prejudice; such as the old phrase "No Irish need apply"

Absolutely... you'd be dishonest if you admitted it didn't exist. All the people making hiring decisions are white, so of course, there is white privilege. Whites get better schools, better opportunities and better jobs.

All the people making hiring decisions are white? LOL. You clearly haven't seen the HR departments these days, Walter.

No, white privilege is not a real thing. It's a term black leftists made up to excuse their own individual failures.

White privilige exists. It is just one kind of privelige. Class is another major one. Social convention is another. And then there is ethnic identity, which may become another source of prejudice; such as the old phrase "No Irish need apply"
Do the Irish have that problem today? Are they still considered white? Sounds to me like you proved white privilege doesn’t exist for them. What other nationality does white privilege not work for? What specific subset of “white people” do you perceive to have this mysterious privilege?

So she went from pretty to plain looking. But you’re convinced her being white is the sole reason. Do you know what your point is?

I know exactly what my point was. White privilege. She had it.

All the people making hiring decisions are white? LOL. You clearly haven't seen the HR departments these days, Walter.

No, white privilege is not a real thing. It's a term black leftists made up to excuse their own individual failures.

HR Departments don't make the decisions, managers do... and most of them are white.

It's already been established that there's discrimination from the get go.

I know exactly what my point was. White privilege. She had it.

HR Departments don't make the decisions, managers do... and most of them are white.

It's already been established that there's discrimination from the get go.

How do you figure she had it? All you’ve said so far is the pretty white girl got lunch with the boss. Oh yes, and of course that was racist for some damn reason.

Let me ask you this. You’re white correct? Is that the only reason you have your job? And is that the only reason you got to go to her lunch as well?

How do you figure she had it? All you’ve said so far is the pretty white girl got lunch with the boss. Oh yes, and of course that was racist for some damn reason.

Totally racist because women of color who had actually made a contribution didn't get the same courtesy.

Let me ask you this. You’re white correct? Is that the only reason you have your job? And is that the only reason you got to go to her lunch as well?

I realize being white has given me huge advantages in my career. So has being male. So has being straight. So has being a veteran.

Only one of those was actually earned.

The whole team went to the going away lunches... But the GM only showed up to one of them, as I said.

Totally racist because women of color who had actually made a contribution didn't get the same courtesy.

I realize being white has given me huge advantages in my career. So has being male. So has being straight. So has being a veteran.

Only one of those was actually earned.

The whole team went to the going away lunches... But the GM only showed up to one of them, as I said.
So going to a going away lunch or not determines racism. Giving someone a job for nine years doesn’t count. If you miss lunch though... racist. This is the level of stupid you’re willing to go to.

I think the only person feeling guilty in this situation is you. It’s like you don’t think your skills are up to task and if you weren’t white you’d be homeless. So you project that onto some poor girl to make yourself feel better for your own shortcomings. But somehow you’ve decided you going to these women’s going away lunches has absolved you of your own guilt which now you can project onto someone else.

Which truthfully doesn’t make you any different than the virtue signaling celebrities we hear from so often. Or any other white liberal really.

Let me ask you this.

Did he ever go to a non- white persons going away lunch? Did he ever miss a white persons lunch? Not just the three you mentioned for convenience of your story but any of them? Did he ever go to one for a non-white employee. Ever. Did he ever miss a white persons lunch? Did he ever miss a males going away lunch? If he did you may have a case for homophobia.

I think we can close up your concerns with two observations.

First, if white guilt is real you have a terminal case of it.

Second, your goal is spreading that disease as far as possible to make yourself feel better.

Third, white guilt is in your head and not a real thing.

So going to a going away lunch or not determines racism. Giving someone a job for nine years doesn’t count. If you miss lunch though... racist. This is the level of stupid you’re willing to go to.

Guy, you had it explained to you, you are being obtuse. He SHOULD have attended all three lunches. He didn't. The women of color didn't matter to him. That was the point.

I think the only person feeling guilty in this situation is you. It’s like you don’t think your skills are up to task and if you weren’t white you’d be homeless. So you project that onto some poor girl to make yourself feel better for your own shortcomings. But somehow you’ve decided you going to these women’s going away lunches has absolved you of your own guilt which now you can project onto someone else.

That's fucking retarded.

Here's why he SHOULD have gone to their going-away lunches. They had contributed to his company for a long time. They had made contributions. He couldn't be bothered. But, man, little Miss White Intern... he re-arranged his whole schedule for her.

Did he ever go to a non- white persons going away lunch? Did he ever miss a white persons lunch? Not just the three you mentioned for convenience of your story but any of them? Did he ever go to one for a non-white employee. Ever. Did he ever miss a white persons lunch? Did he ever miss a males going away lunch? If he did you may have a case for homophobia.

I wouldn't know about other departments. I can tell you that two other white people in OUR department, he went to their lunches.

Nope, it's not about me, guy, it's about how racist the system is, even in subtle ways. If he acted that way over a lunch, how would he act over hiring? Firings?

I can give you another example from this same Boss. After these three people left, we brought on a contractor, a black woman. He didn't pick her, the Temp agency sent her. Well, when he needed to create a job for one of his drinking buddies, guess who got the ax? (His Drinking buddy had no qualifications to do the job he was hired for and I had to do some of his work and all of hers when she was let go.)

Second, your goal is spreading that disease as far as possible to make yourself feel better.

Hardly. If I have ANY goal, it's to make us all aware of racism as a disease. I'm sure because you never say the N-word in public, you probably think you are a good person. Job done. You have a vested interest in denying racism, like most conservatives...

Oh, I'm sure it's not a real thing for you... You can watch Trump spew the nastiest racism and rationalize it.

Guy, you had it explained to you, you are being obtuse. He SHOULD have attended all three lunches. He didn't. The women of color didn't matter to him. That was the point.

That's fucking retarded.

Here's why he SHOULD have gone to their going-away lunches. They had contributed to his company for a long time. They had made contributions. He couldn't be bothered. But, man, little Miss White Intern... he re-arranged his whole schedule for her.

I wouldn't know about other departments. I can tell you that two other white people in OUR department, he went to their lunches.

Nope, it's not about me, guy, it's about how racist the system is, even in subtle ways. If he acted that way over a lunch, how would he act over hiring? Firings?

I can give you another example from this same Boss. After these three people left, we brought on a contractor, a black woman. He didn't pick her, the Temp agency sent her. Well, when he needed to create a job for one of his drinking buddies, guess who got the ax? (His Drinking buddy had no qualifications to do the job he was hired for and I had to do some of his work and all of hers when she was let go.)

Hardly. If I have ANY goal, it's to make us all aware of racism as a disease. I'm sure because you never say the N-word in public, you probably think you are a good person. Job done. You have a vested interest in denying racism, like most conservatives...

Oh, I'm sure it's not a real thing for you... You can watch Trump spew the nastiest racism and rationalize it.
It’s not a real thing for anyone. Your so racist you see and hear it in everything. If everything is racist nothing is.

That's fucking retarded.

It’s not a real thing for anyone. Your so racist you see and hear it in everything. If everything is racist nothing is.
He can’t make it in this world so racially stacked against him this world is.
Lib 101

So, just because you assert it as fact, that makes it fact? No evidence needed? I think not.

Forum List

Back