Is there really white privilege?

No there is just privledge privilege that is earned and whites are more adept at it and diligent toward it
Wow, you are one dumb fuck. You were born white, you didn't earn it.
It’s your myth that it is bestowed. Rather it is effort that achieves it.
It’s not your skin color that proves disadvantageous but rather your conduct. Americans not delighted when the Asian influx began but quickly saw how hard working, family oriented, and good conduct they were; great values instead of none. We love everybody except mouthy deadbeats.

Last edited:
It’s not a real thing for anyone. Your so racist you see and hear it in everything. If everything is racist nothing is.

No, what's racist is racist. If you are treating a person of color differently than a white person.... it's racist. Period. Full stop.
Bullshit. I don’t treat all people the same and neither do you regardless of race. This is the ridiculous crap you people come up with. Should I treat ALL black people the same? Hell no. Just like I don’t treat all whites the same.

Bullshit. I don’t treat all people the same and neither do you regardless of race. This is the ridiculous crap you people come up with. Should I treat ALL black people the same? Hell no. Just like I don’t treat all whites the same.

The problem is, you treat them differently because they aren't white. Just like my old boss.
No. I treat them differently because they are individual people. One might be an asshole, one may be too fucking chipper. Several things go into interaction with people without race being involved. What you want is to treat one race better than the others. Which BTW- is the definition of racism. You’re insisting I treat every black person like I would my best friend and that’s not going to happen. Ever.

No. I treat them differently because they are individual people. One might be an asshole, one may be too fucking chipper.

Which has nothing to do with how they should be treated professionally.
What you want is to treat one race better than the others.

No, I want to treat every race the same. The problem is, whites have all sorts of privilege in how they are treated by law enforcement, employers, business owners, etc. And as I said, a lot of it was subtle. I'm sure if my boss had it explained to him how racist his lunch preferences were, he'd have been horrified. (This man once said, "perception is reality" in a meeting about an unrelated matter.).

I don't want to say this was even a bad boss. (In fact, a lot of stuff he did at the beginning of his role was laudible. By 2012, he just stopped giving a shit.)

I'll give you another example. I went into a convieince store, and saw a sign that read, "No Hats allowed in Store", so I immediately took off my hat. (I normally wear a fedora, it's kind of personal style thing. Also, I'm bald.) The owner said, "No, that doesn't apply to you!"

You’re insisting I treat every black person like I would my best friend and that’s not going to happen. Ever.

No one said you should. You should treat them with respect, you should give them the same professional courtesy that you'd give a white person.

I’ve been wondering about this since the entire white privilege thing started. Kinda looking around for it. If I had it at all it sure as hell wasn't helping me. Im still looking for it. Has anyone actually found their white privilege?

It hasn't been there for me. Everything I have ever gotten, has been because I had to work for it.

And I don't know how having to work for something, is privilege. Kennedy privilege, I can see. You have a trust fund, feeding you money, for no other reason than because your left-wing dynasty exists? You can even drive into a the water, and kill a woman in your car, and just walk home without even calling the police or rescue, and never see a prison cell?

Yeah, that's privilege. But can't do that, and I'm white. So I don't see this "white privilege".

You can have the police search for MAGA hat wearing noose and bleach attackers, that were really black men you paid to attack you, during a polar vortex, in Chicago, at 4 AM.... and ever go to jail for lying non-stop and faking a hate crime.

But he's black, not white. So that's black privilege. I can't do that. I do that, I'm in prison.

No. I treat them differently because they are individual people. One might be an asshole, one may be too fucking chipper.

Which has nothing to do with how they should be treated professionally.
What you want is to treat one race better than the others.

No, I want to treat every race the same. The problem is, whites have all sorts of privilege in how they are treated by law enforcement, employers, business owners, etc. And as I said, a lot of it was subtle. I'm sure if my boss had it explained to him how racist his lunch preferences were, he'd have been horrified. (This man once said, "perception is reality" in a meeting about an unrelated matter.).

I don't want to say this was even a bad boss. (In fact, a lot of stuff he did at the beginning of his role was laudible. By 2012, he just stopped giving a shit.)

I'll give you another example. I went into a convieince store, and saw a sign that read, "No Hats allowed in Store", so I immediately took off my hat. (I normally wear a fedora, it's kind of personal style thing. Also, I'm bald.) The owner said, "No, that doesn't apply to you!"

You’re insisting I treat every black person like I would my best friend and that’s not going to happen. Ever.

No one said you should. You should treat them with respect, you should give them the same professional courtesy that you'd give a white person.
You’re down to calling hats white privilege. Holy shit you’re a loon. And a racist loon at that.

July 2016 – A Nod To The Gods

Matt Walsh made a good point about this. People who gas away about "white privilege" and "systemic racism and oppression" are mostly talking about their own, narrow urban/suburban experience, and their own perception of where the race they don't belong to is based on the media. They forget there are a lot of poor, rural white people who are experiencing none of the "privilege" accruing to well-off white people in cities, and there are lots of educated, successful black people who aren't living in inner cities.

Dr King wanted content of character to be the judging criteria
First step is to develop some character so you can display the content of it
Blacks disdain that and point fingers elsewhere
Whites have embraced it for centuries and reaped the rewards and privledges thereof

It’s actually a lot easier and more effective than Burning Looting Maurading

I’ve been wondering about this since the entire white privilege thing started. Kinda looking around for it. If I had it at all it sure as hell wasn't helping me. Im still looking for it. Has anyone actually found their white privilege?

Try putting on some realistic black face then come back to us

For quickest effect open carry

Any white gun owner whose weapons ever leave their homes believing they dont' enjoy any privilege is insane
Blackface. You’re an idiot.

Blacks are at the gun range all the time. WTF are you talking about? Maybe nobody cares they are there because they aren’t rolling in flashing gang signs and holding their pistol fucking sideways.

So...?

You think the rules for them are teh same for you?

Because you see them at the gun range? lol

How do you think Michigan police would have reacted if the corona virus protestors were armed and black? ???

Reagan instituted gun control in Cali because black men were arming themselves......Theme as old as this nation

What do you think the reaction to BLM protestors with long rifles would be?
Many of those BLM protesters were rioting and burning down buildings with nary a response in sight. They also resulted in several shootings.

The corona virus protesters resulted in zero property damage and no burning buildings.

So, yes, we do know what the response would have likely been and it is not an example of white privilege in the least.

Have you ever walked into a store and not been followed by security because they thought you might steal something?

White privilege.

Been pulled over and not had your car searched?

White privilege.

And so on.

Have you ever walked into a store and not robbed it?

White people

Have you ever been pulled over and not resisted arrest?

White people

And so on.

Have you ever walked into a store and not been followed by security because they thought you might steal something?

White privilege.

Been pulled over and not had your car searched?

White privilege.

And so on.

Except I do know white people who’ve had that happen to them.
I’m just going to step out on a limb here but are they kind of shady looking people?
"Shady" is a racist term. Yet use it unthinkingly without repercussions.

White privilege.
You’re an idiot. Fuck off with that shit.
Typical tRumpling, backed into a corner and screeching insults.

Damn you people are predictable.
What corner? When you’re down to screaming racist over the word shady that thin branch of logic you climbed out on has snapped. It’s a desperation move on your part and I’m not putting up with it.
I'm not "screaming" anything, kid. I'm pointing out what you said, without even realizing you said it. It's an example of just how ingrained the racism is with some of the folks in our society. Including apparently you. You disliked my point but couldn't refute it, so you started calling me names as is the typical republican response when stumped.
I’m not stumped in the least. Anyone that goes off calling someone racist for using the word shady is an unhinged tool just looking for stupid shit to get upset about. Can’t be stumped by something that obvious.
It's a racist term
Don't wanna be called a racist? Don't say racist things.
No, its not and no amount of redefining the current use of the language is going to make it so. Terms used today do not carry meanings that may be 100 years old.

There is no white privilege, the entire concept has become asinine in the extreme. Most of this is more of a class privilege than anything. The proof is in the fact that no one can point to any actual policy anywhere that privileges white people but rather just vague allusions to such privilege. Interestingly enough, I can point to SPECIFIC and CONCRETE policies that do actually codify racist policies against white and asian people.

That and the simple reality that it is outright ILLEGAL to institute any policy that discriminates against blacks in any way. There are clear and real examples of racist people doing racist or biased things but that is not only part of human nature, but also something that is simply never going to disappear entirely. The best we can do there is make such actions illegal, which we have, and enforce those laws as much as possible, which we do. The one thing you can do to make things worse is accept racism and bigotry against whites in the name of payback and that is what is being proposed and practiced today.

Now, there is a very real and important conversation to be had in the cold hard fact of real systemic racism, bigotry and privilege in the past that has prevented generational wealth from accruing in black communities. This is a different conversation and one that has been rolled over entirely by trying to use the other as a scapegoat and enemy. It was not healthy or adventitious when it was used against the blacks, is not healthy or useful when used against the immigrant and is equally unhealthy when used against whites. Why some people seem to think that using the old tactics of racists and bigots is suddenly a good thing when reversed is truly asinine.

It hasn't been there for me. Everything I have ever gotten, has been because I had to work for it.

Wow.. check your privilege, buddy.

There is no white privilege, the entire concept has become asinine in the extreme. Most of this is more of a class privilege than anything. The proof is in the fact that no one can point to any actual policy anywhere that privileges white people but rather just vague allusions to such privilege. Interestingly enough, I can point to SPECIFIC and CONCRETE policies that do actually codify racist policies against white and asian people.

Of course race and class privilege are linked, dummy. But you hear the story of the Black Professional who still gets pulled over by the cops who figures if he isn't driving anything other than a beater, he probably stole it.

Forum List

Back