Is there any...

In my area they have a paper list of all registered voters in the district. You walk in, they ask your name, you tell them, they cross off your name, you go vote.
Works great.
Until you go to vote and find out someone has used your name and already voted for you.
As I already stated it has never happened here and I doubt it ever would.
Perhaps you can get meds for your paranoia.

In my area they have a paper list of all registered voters in the district. You walk in, they ask your name, you tell them, they cross off your name, you go vote.
Works great.
John Jones walks in: "hello, I'm Dave Davidson, and I'm here to vote"

"OK Mr Davidson, we got you on the list"

A few hours later...

John Jones walks in "hello, I'm John Jones, and I'm here to vote"

"OK Mr Jones, we got you on the list"

A few hours later....

Dave Davidson walks in: "hello, I'm Dave Davidson, and I'm here to vote"

"I'm sorry, Mr Davidson, we show that you have already voted, I'm afraid you can't vote because we have no way of proving you didn't vote"
Is that happening?
Don't know, my point was, its that easy for someone to commit voter fraud if all you have is a list, and someone's word that they are being honest about who they are.
I don't know. They ask a couple questions. What's your address for example. Anyways, you do realize if this happens it maybe happens once or twice in each state. Not even. So why are you so worried about this?

It's more likely you are just trying to make it harder for poor people to vote.

If someone is a registered voter they should be able to get an absentee ballot no reason needed and they should be able to mail in their vote. And I sort of liked it that because of the pandemic they mailed EVERYONE an absentee ballot. It showed a lot of people will vote if they can mail in vote.

If these new rules stopped a lot of Trump voters from voting I bet you wouldn't be pushing for these new voter laws. I bet you'd want to make it easier for them to vote. And then maybe I would be like you. I'd be against the masses voting because "they are stupid".

Sorry but picking a Republican or Democrat to lead isn't about being smart. For a rich person, it's smart to vote GOP. For a poor person, it's smart to vote Democratic. It's the GOP's responsibility to represent poor and stupid people too not just smart and rich people.

rule, regulation, or law that might simply confirm a voter's identity that those of you on the left wouldn't scream "racism!" over? Can those of you crowding to the left imagine any manner whatsoever that performed and/or was intended ONLY to ensure that a voter - any voter, every voter, regardless of race - is who he or she says he or she is that would not evoke cries of "racism!!!!!" from you?
Free voter ids
Those have been part of many laws that lefty idiots scream "racism!!!!" over.
Link?

rule, regulation, or law that might simply confirm a voter's identity that those of you on the left wouldn't scream "racism!" over? Can those of you crowding to the left imagine any manner whatsoever that performed and/or was intended ONLY to ensure that a voter - any voter, every voter, regardless of race - is who he or she says he or she is that would not evoke cries of "racism!!!!!" from you?
Free voter ids
Those have been part of many laws that lefty idiots scream "racism!!!!" over.
Republicans have never promoted giving FREE anything. I'm surprised Trump didn't charge us each $100 for the covid vaccine.

You’re asking for too much.
“RACISM” empowers the Left. The party of filth is built on the play of “RACISM”....they only stay relevant because “RACISM”, they wrote the PC manual and steered the narrative for decades on this one little word...they have nutless conservatives by the balls with this one little word. They won’t let this word go anytime soon...No racism = No Mexicrat Party.

Works great.
Until you go to vote and find out someone has used your name and already voted for you.
As I already stated it has never happened here and I doubt it ever would.
Perhaps you can get meds for your paranoia.

There is nothing to stop it from happening.

Tell me if your house has never burned down are you paranoid for having homeowners insurance?

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

"I'm sorry, Mr Davidson, we show that you have already voted, I'm afraid you can't vote because we have no way of proving you didn't vote"
Is that happening?
Don't know, my point was, its that easy for someone to commit voter fraud if all you have is a list, and someone's word that they are being honest about who they are.
I don't know. They ask a couple questions. What's your address for example. Anyways, you do realize if this happens it maybe happens once or twice in each state. Not even. So why are you so worried about this?

If someone is a registered voter they should be able to get an absentee ballot no reason needed and they should be able to mail in their vote. And I sort of liked it that because of the pandemic they mailed EVERYONE an absentee ballot. It showed a lot of people will vote if they can mail in vote.

If these new rules stopped a lot of Trump voters from voting I bet you wouldn't be pushing for these new voter laws. I bet you'd want to make it easier for them to vote. And then maybe I would be like you. I'd be against the masses voting because "they are stupid".

Sorry but picking a Republican or Democrat to lead isn't about being smart. For a rich person, it's smart to vote GOP. For a poor person, it's smart to vote Democratic. It's the GOP's responsibility to represent poor and stupid people too not just smart and rich people.
No, its not about stopping poor people from voting, its about making sure legal people are voting.

So why are you so worried about this?

Why are you not worried about this? Do you not want to make sure that only legal and legitimate votes are counted?

And I sort of liked it that because of the pandemic they mailed EVERYONE an absentee ballot. It showed a lot of people will vote if they can mail in vote.

Sure, its convenient, but surely you can see the flaw in blindly sending out millions of ballots, especially when you don't allow voter role purges. Many ballots will find their way to the wrong people, former addresses, people who have died, and some people will use that as a way to commit fraud because they will send those illegitimate ballots back in, and nobody will ever be able to catch them.

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

No, its not about stopping poor people from voting, its about making sure legal people are voting.

Why are you not worried about this? Do you not want to make sure that only legal and legitimate votes are counted?

And I sort of liked it that because of the pandemic they mailed EVERYONE an absentee ballot. It showed a lot of people will vote if they can mail in vote.

Sure, its convenient, but surely you can see the flaw in blindly sending out millions of ballots, especially when you don't allow voter role purges. Many ballots will find their way to the wrong people, former addresses, people who have died, and some people will use that as a way to commit fraud because they will send those illegitimate ballots back in, and nobody will ever be able to catch them.
Nobody has a problem with continuous monitoring of voter roles and having an open, fair, and defined procedure for removing those not eligible, but a last minute purge of all "John Smith's" just because one John Smith moved or died, and no opportunity for those purged to find out until it is too late won't be tolerated.

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

Nobody has a problem with continuous monitoring of voter roles and having an open, fair, and defined procedure for removing those not eligible, but a last minute purge of all "John Smith's" just because one John Smith moved or died, and no opportunity for those purged to find out until it is too late won't be tolerated.
Are voter roles purged that way? I thought they purged suspected outdated and erroneous listing, and gave you an opportunity to reassert the validity of your status.

I would be ok with ID if they allowed a broad array of photo id's instead of the very restricted ones states are trying to pass.

A Driver's license is all that is needed in most states and if you don't have one the state will issue you an ID.

The key here is that the government needs to make sure all voters are citizens and that they have not voted more than once.

The Democrats are a vile despicable dishonest party that will lie, cheat and steal to win elections and we Americans need to make sure they can't pull any of their dirty tricks like they did in 2020.

All voters to use all forms of ID, instead of a very specific or limited types of voter ID, that matches all government records, or is in any way limiting.

For example, Colorado will accept just about any kind of ID. In Texas, your ID must match your name on your birth certificate. So if you are John James Smith on your birth certificate, your ID can't show your name as John Smith. If you're a woman who has married and taken her husband's name, as I have, my driver's license has my current married name on it, and my birth certificate has my birth name on it.

In one of the red states, the law was that addresses couldn't be based written in a certain way, I think it was as a Lot and Concession and plan - it had to be a street and number to be valid, that was standard on a local Native American Reservation, thus disenfranchising anyone living on the reservation.

In Georgia it was "exact match" on your name on your application, and government records. If the government had made an input error when they entered your name, and they had it wrong, your application was rejected. Not surprisingly, 70% of the applications which were declined, came from low income zip codes. So if the government worker entered your name as Jon Smith on your property tax roll, instead of John Smith, no voter registration for you.

Recently, the Democratic State House leader in Texas applied for voter ID and his application was declined.

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

Are voter roles purged that way? I thought they purged suspected outdated and erroneous listing, and gave you an opportunity to reassert the validity of your status.

In red states, the rolls were being purged within weeks of elections, with no notification. They simply deleted the names of people who hadn't voted in the past so many elections, in September for a November election.

While voter rolls should be purged regularly, it should be done with proper notification that your name is about to be deleted, and a time frame for you to notify them not to delete you. The process needs to be done BETWEEN elections, and no deletions should occur with 6 months of an election date.

In Canada, I just check a box on my income tax filing, and I'm registered to vote. Rev Canada knows my citizenship, and they register me. When I moved just before an election, I took my proof of citizenship (birth certificate, and my electric bill to show residency) to the polling station, and registered on the spot to vote.

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

If this kind of cheating were possible Republicans would be doing it.

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

In red states, the rolls were being purged within weeks of elections, with no notification. They simply deleted the names of people who hadn't voted in the past so many elections, in September for a November election.

While voter rolls should be purged regularly, it should be done with proper notification that your name is about to be deleted, and a time frame for you to notify them not to delete you. The process needs to be done BETWEEN elections, and no deletions should occur with 6 months of an election date.

In Canada, I just check a box on my income tax filing, and I'm registered to vote. Rev Canada knows my citizenship, and they register me. When I moved just before an election, I took my proof of citizenship (birth certificate, and my electric bill to show residency) to the polling station, and registered on the spot to vote.
Republicans know these efforts are to screw people out of their right to vote. RIGHT. And Republicans are always complaining Democrats are trying to take away our rights. HA!

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

The people just above the working poor and just above them and the poor end up getting screwed over and over. Taxed/Inflation/etc. extra couple thousand here a couple of extra thousand there to give to those just below them and then they start to become the working poor and poor.

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

1. Voter purges are not only allowed, they're encouraged. But like all things, the devil is in the details. Purges without notification, and done close to elections are barred. Ongoing purges of names with notifications being mailed out, and a reasonable time frame for the voter to respond, a second and "final notice" of purge, all done with no names being removed within 6 months of an election, should be SOP.

2. All mail in ballots require ID. The difference between Dems and Republicans, is that Dems will accept all forms of ID, and Republicans want very limited forms of ID and verifications, which are designed to limit specific blocks of voters.

3. Mail in voting has been in place since the Civil War. There has never been any cases of significant voter fraud using mail in ballots.

4. In the instances where there have been large cases of voter fraud, the voter ID laws being proposed by Republicans would have had absolutely no impact in preventing these voter fraud cases.

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

The people just above the working poor and just above them and the poor end up getting screwed over and over. Taxed/Inflation/etc. extra couple thousand here a couple of extra thousand there to give to those just below them and then they start to become the working poor and poor.
Instead of worrying about how helping the poor screws you, which it doesn't, consider it's the rich who are screwing you. Over the past few decades Republicans have given corporations and rich people tax breaks every chance they get. Meanwhile the gap between the rich and you is getting wider. And the gap between you and the poor is getting smaller. Don't blame poor people.

And I judge a society by how well it's middle class is doing and how poor their poor is. Not by how the top 1% is doing.

Remember our founders warned us about money corrupting our government. Clearly it has right? And the people who left England left this kind of system where the small ruling class ruled and the small merchant class was tiny and the masses were known as the rabble. We're turning back into that.

Me? I'm saving enough to retire at 65. 62 if I could get on medicare that young. But you can't. Too bad we don't have free government healthcare for people who want to retire early. Make room for the college kids who can't find work because people who are 61 can't afford to retire.

Forum List

Back