Is there any...

rule, regulation, or law that might simply confirm a voter's identity that those of you on the left wouldn't scream "racism!" over? Can those of you crowding to the left imagine any manner whatsoever that performed and/or was intended ONLY to ensure that a voter - any voter, every voter, regardless of race - is who he or she says he or she is that would not evoke cries of "racism!!!!!" from you?
Seems Identification should be done when registering.
Racist.
Many times you are quite funny. Too bad it's not this time
I wish I were kidding.

rule, regulation, or law that might simply confirm a voter's identity that those of you on the left wouldn't scream "racism!" over? Can those of you crowding to the left imagine any manner whatsoever that performed and/or was intended ONLY to ensure that a voter - any voter, every voter, regardless of race - is who he or she says he or she is that would not evoke cries of "racism!!!!!" from you?
Clearly you don’t understand the issue.

The ‘left’ has no problem with citizens providing ID when registering to vote.

Voter ‘fraud’ by identity theft is so exceedingly rare that requiring an ID to vote is not warranted and manifests as an undue burden to the right to vote.

And it is in fact racist when Republican lawmakers enact measures that make it difficult for many older citizens of color to obtain the required ID, make it more difficult for citizens in urban communities to vote, and use bad faith gerrymandering tactics to disadvantage minority voters.

If Republicans insist on requiring a citizen to provide an ID each time he votes, then allow the voter to provide a paycheck stub or utility bill.

‘Problem’ solved.

I understand it more than you are ever likely to, junior.

Voter ‘fraud’ by identity theft is so exceedingly rare that requiring an ID to vote is not warranted and manifests as an undue burden to the right to vote.

And it is in fact racist when Republican lawmakers enact measures that make it difficult for many older citizens of color to obtain the required ID, make it more difficult for citizens in urban communities to vote, and use bad faith gerrymandering tactics to disadvantage minority voters.

If Republicans insist on requiring a citizen to provide an ID each time he votes, then allow the voter to provide a paycheck stub or utility bill.

‘Problem’ solved.

Why not just have the state assist them in acquiring an ID? If they don't have an ID, how are they going to prove that utility statement or pay stub belongs to them?

‘Problem’ solved.

Why not just have the state assist them in acquiring an ID? If they don't have an ID, how are they going to prove that utility statement or pay stub belongs to them?

Because they want people to be able to vote without ID's

‘Problem’ solved.

I dont know how you can say that is racist to want a voter ID. Even Mexico has voter I.D. Are they being racist against someone? or do they have another reason for wanting a voter I.D.? DO you think maybe they just would like to be sure of who is voting?

In my area they have a paper list of all registered voters in the district. You walk in, they ask your name, you tell them, they cross off your name, you go vote.
Works great.
John Jones walks in: "hello, I'm Dave Davidson, and I'm here to vote"

"OK Mr Davidson, we got you on the list"

A few hours later...

John Jones walks in "hello, I'm John Jones, and I'm here to vote"

"OK Mr Jones, we got you on the list"

A few hours later....

Dave Davidson walks in: "hello, I'm Dave Davidson, and I'm here to vote"

"I'm sorry, Mr Davidson, we show that you have already voted, I'm afraid you can't vote because we have no way of proving you didn't vote"
Nice fantasy. Its never happened.

Both ends of this issue NEED each other. It's a very symbiotic relationship.
And thats a very useless comment

Since you are so superior to everyone else why dont you spell out the proper voting laws that must be followed?

Voter i.d. and signature, as with other flourishing democracies (France, for example, where there are many "races" and no protest concerning this).

In my area they have a paper list of all registered voters in the district. You walk in, they ask your name, you tell them, they cross off your name, you go vote.
Works great.
John Jones walks in: "hello, I'm Dave Davidson, and I'm here to vote"

"OK Mr Davidson, we got you on the list"

A few hours later...

John Jones walks in "hello, I'm John Jones, and I'm here to vote"

"OK Mr Jones, we got you on the list"

A few hours later....

Dave Davidson walks in: "hello, I'm Dave Davidson, and I'm here to vote"

"I'm sorry, Mr Davidson, we show that you have already voted, I'm afraid you can't vote because we have no way of proving you didn't vote"
Nice fantasy. Its never happened.
Im not suggesting that it did happen, only that it could happen.

Works great.
Until you go to vote and find out someone has used your name and already voted for you.

I’m done dumbing things down for you people. Sorry.
You should have more patience with the other 99% of us who are not blessed with your superior knowledge

All I asked was that you contribute something useful instead of your usual snide remarks
I'll contribute what I please, how I please, when I please.

And you'll keep whining about me personally.

And life will go on.

Forum List

Back