Is there any...

In my area they have a paper list of all registered voters in the district. You walk in, they ask your name, you tell them, they cross off your name, you go vote.
Works great.
John Jones walks in: "hello, I'm Dave Davidson, and I'm here to vote"

"OK Mr Davidson, we got you on the list"

A few hours later...

John Jones walks in "hello, I'm John Jones, and I'm here to vote"

"OK Mr Jones, we got you on the list"

A few hours later....

Dave Davidson walks in: "hello, I'm Dave Davidson, and I'm here to vote"

"I'm sorry, Mr Davidson, we show that you have already voted, I'm afraid you can't vote because we have no way of proving you didn't vote"
Is that happening?
Don't know, my point was, its that easy for someone to commit voter fraud if all you have is a list, and someone's word that they are being honest about who they are.
I don't know. They ask a couple questions. What's your address for example. Anyways, you do realize if this happens it maybe happens once or twice in each state. Not even. So why are you so worried about this?

It's more likely you are just trying to make it harder for poor people to vote.

If someone is a registered voter they should be able to get an absentee ballot no reason needed and they should be able to mail in their vote. And I sort of liked it that because of the pandemic they mailed EVERYONE an absentee ballot. It showed a lot of people will vote if they can mail in vote.

If these new rules stopped a lot of Trump voters from voting I bet you wouldn't be pushing for these new voter laws. I bet you'd want to make it easier for them to vote. And then maybe I would be like you. I'd be against the masses voting because "they are stupid".

Sorry but picking a Republican or Democrat to lead isn't about being smart. For a rich person, it's smart to vote GOP. For a poor person, it's smart to vote Democratic. It's the GOP's responsibility to represent poor and stupid people too not just smart and rich people.
No, its not about stopping poor people from voting, its about making sure legal people are voting.

So why are you so worried about this?

Why are you not worried about this? Do you not want to make sure that only legal and legitimate votes are counted?

And I sort of liked it that because of the pandemic they mailed EVERYONE an absentee ballot. It showed a lot of people will vote if they can mail in vote.

Sure, its convenient, but surely you can see the flaw in blindly sending out millions of ballots, especially when you don't allow voter role purges. Many ballots will find their way to the wrong people, former addresses, people who have died, and some people will use that as a way to commit fraud because they will send those illegitimate ballots back in, and nobody will ever be able to catch them.

1. Voter purges are not only allowed, they're encouraged. But like all things, the devil is in the details. Purges without notification, and done close to elections are barred. Ongoing purges of names with notifications being mailed out, and a reasonable time frame for the voter to respond, a second and "final notice" of purge, all done with no names being removed within 6 months of an election, should be SOP.

2. All mail in ballots require ID. The difference between Dems and Republicans, is that Dems will accept all forms of ID, and Republicans want very limited forms of ID and verifications, which are designed to limit specific blocks of voters.

3. Mail in voting has been in place since the Civil War. There has never been any cases of significant voter fraud using mail in ballots.

4. In the instances where there have been large cases of voter fraud, the voter ID laws being proposed by Republicans would have had absolutely no impact in preventing these voter fraud cases.
Ongoing purges of names with notifications being mailed out, and a reasonable time frame for the voter to respond, a second and "final notice" of purge, all done with no names being removed within 6 months of an election, should be SOP.

I'm all for giving people enough time to respond to a purge notice. No argument there, but, if they send you multiple notices and you fail to respond, you can't blame that on the system.

The difference between Dems and Republicans, is that Dems will accept all forms of ID, and Republicans want very limited forms of ID and verifications, which are designed to limit specific blocks of voters.

I'll be honest, I agree that we should not accept ALL forms of ID. Its too easy to fake an ID these days. I think the form of ID should be a legal, verified ID, such as a DL, or other state or government issued ID. For those that have trouble acquiring one of these ID, I think the state should help them get it, and it should be free.

Mail in voting has been in place since the Civil War. There has never been any cases of significant voter fraud using mail in ballots.

Only in select areas and in most cases its a "by request" absentee ballot. There has never been a nation wide mass ballot mailing such as the dems are suggesting.

The issue with the voter purges is that "True the Vote" would come in a few weeks before the election, and just strike names off the rolls, with no notice and no appeal period. If you send a notice, with a reasonable appeal period, and a final notice, with no response, yes, by all means purge the name. But do ALL of the steps, and don't do ANY purges within 3 months before a national election.

As for voter ID, again, any government issued ID should do. But please remember that there has never been a case of major voter fraud that voter ID, of the types proposed by Republicans, would have solved, so there is an awful lot of effort being put special forms of voter ID to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Just like Republicans have brought forth more than 200 laws to restrict voting and prevent fraud, after the safest and most honest election in US history, there are more new voting laws now being proposed than there has been since the Jim Crow era!

The purpose of Jim Crow laws was to keep black people from voting. Imagine that!!
As for voter ID, again, any government issued ID should do.

I disagree. Even illegals can get valid government ID. Some states are issuing drivers licenses to illegals and that is considered a valid state ID.

The ID for voting should be a citizenship verified ID.

Just like Republicans have brought forth more than 200 laws to restrict voting and prevent fraud, after the safest and most honest election in US history, there are more new voting laws now being proposed than there has been since the Jim Crow era!

The purpose of Jim Crow laws was to keep black people from voting. Imagine that!!

Again, who is saying they are preventing anyone legal from voting? Only the left is saying that. I've yet to see anyone from the right saying that certain legal citizens should be prevented from voting. The right sees the illegal immigration at the border as a problem. They are afraid that many of these illegals will slip through the cracks and end up voting. Many on the right think the left is facilitating it. So, they want to make sure that those people who are not eligible to vote don't get a chance.

The ID isn't to prove citizenship, it's to prove identify. You have to prove citizenship to be registered as a voter, not at the polls. The purpose of voter ID is to prove you're the same person named on the voter rolls. When I go to the polling station, my name is on a list. I show ID to prove I am the person named on the list. If my name is on the list, my citizenship has already been proven.

Realistically speaking, the right wing obsession with illegals voting has no basis in fact. Illegals don't give a rat's ass about voting. They're trying to keep their heads low and not get caught. Like we did when we snuck backstage at rock shows when we were teenagers. We didn't want anyone to spot us and throw us out so we did nothing to draw attention to ourselves until the concert was over.

Republicans are lying to you about voter fraud, to push through these voter suppression laws to reduce poor and minority voting, because they're aren't enough rich white men to keep them in power and voting for bad economic policies that favour billionaires.

There have been cases of massive voter fraud, but NONE of them involved illegal immigrants voting in large numbers, or people impersonating voters using fake ID's. Republicans are proposing repressive solutions to solve problems that don't exist, while doing nothing to thwart the kids of voter suppression and fraud, we have been seeing - like Gerrymandering, or "exact match".

The only problem that Republicans are looking to solve with these voter ID and voter suppression laws, is that there are too many Democratic voters to overcome, so like Trump said in the debate "We have to throw out the votes".

In my area they have a paper list of all registered voters in the district. You walk in, they ask your name, you tell them, they cross off your name, you go vote.
Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

"I'm sorry, Mr Davidson, we show that you have already voted, I'm afraid you can't vote because we have no way of proving you didn't vote"
Is that happening?
Don't know, my point was, its that easy for someone to commit voter fraud if all you have is a list, and someone's word that they are being honest about who they are.
I don't know. They ask a couple questions. What's your address for example. Anyways, you do realize if this happens it maybe happens once or twice in each state. Not even. So why are you so worried about this?

If someone is a registered voter they should be able to get an absentee ballot no reason needed and they should be able to mail in their vote. And I sort of liked it that because of the pandemic they mailed EVERYONE an absentee ballot. It showed a lot of people will vote if they can mail in vote.

If these new rules stopped a lot of Trump voters from voting I bet you wouldn't be pushing for these new voter laws. I bet you'd want to make it easier for them to vote. And then maybe I would be like you. I'd be against the masses voting because "they are stupid".

Sorry but picking a Republican or Democrat to lead isn't about being smart. For a rich person, it's smart to vote GOP. For a poor person, it's smart to vote Democratic. It's the GOP's responsibility to represent poor and stupid people too not just smart and rich people.
No, its not about stopping poor people from voting, its about making sure legal people are voting.

Why are you not worried about this? Do you not want to make sure that only legal and legitimate votes are counted?

And I sort of liked it that because of the pandemic they mailed EVERYONE an absentee ballot. It showed a lot of people will vote if they can mail in vote.

Sure, its convenient, but surely you can see the flaw in blindly sending out millions of ballots, especially when you don't allow voter role purges. Many ballots will find their way to the wrong people, former addresses, people who have died, and some people will use that as a way to commit fraud because they will send those illegitimate ballots back in, and nobody will ever be able to catch them.
Nobody has a problem with continuous monitoring of voter roles and having an open, fair, and defined procedure for removing those not eligible, but a last minute purge of all "John Smith's" just because one John Smith moved or died, and no opportunity for those purged to find out until it is too late won't be tolerated.
Are voter roles purged that way? I thought they purged suspected outdated and erroneous listing, and gave you an opportunity to reassert the validity of your status.

In red states, the rolls were being purged within weeks of elections, with no notification. They simply deleted the names of people who hadn't voted in the past so many elections, in September for a November election.

While voter rolls should be purged regularly, it should be done with proper notification that your name is about to be deleted, and a time frame for you to notify them not to delete you. The process needs to be done BETWEEN elections, and no deletions should occur with 6 months of an election date.

In Canada, I just check a box on my income tax filing, and I'm registered to vote. Rev Canada knows my citizenship, and they register me. When I moved just before an election, I took my proof of citizenship (birth certificate, and my electric bill to show residency) to the polling station, and registered on the spot to vote.

Rev Canada knows my citizenship,

Great, so your citizenship is known.

When I moved just before an election, I took my proof of citizenship (birth certificate, and my electric bill to show residency) to the polling station, and registered on the spot to vote.

Again, you are having to provide proof of citizenship, something they are trying to avoid here.

If you could, would you post some links to the stories of red states purging voters roles just weeks before election and not giving people an opportunity to reassert their status? I'd like to read them.
You deny Republicans have purged voter roles close to elections? Now we have to go digging to find when they tried that? What will that change for you if we show you they did that?
No, I'm not denying anything. I want to read the stories about where a state purged voter roles close to an election without giving voters ample opportunity to verify their status.

Yes, I'm skeptical, because, often, when someone makes a claim like that, it usually turns out to not be exactly as they claim. I did a quick search of "voter roles purged close to election" and didn't really see much in the way of results. With most media being lefty driven, I would have figured that search would pop up many stories, but didn't seem to be any matching that query. Mostly just stories from years gone by about normal voter role purges.

So, yes ,I asked for a link to some stories showing where red states purposely purged voter roles, and then didn't give the citizens an opportunity to reaffirm their eligibility.

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

The people just above the working poor and just above them and the poor end up getting screwed over and over. Taxed/Inflation/etc. extra couple thousand here a couple of extra thousand there to give to those just below them and then they start to become the working poor and poor.
Instead of worrying about how helping the poor screws you, which it doesn't, consider it's the rich who are screwing you. Over the past few decades Republicans have given corporations and rich people tax breaks every chance they get. Meanwhile the gap between the rich and you is getting wider. And the gap between you and the poor is getting smaller. Don't blame poor people.

And I judge a society by how well it's middle class is doing and how poor their poor is. Not by how the top 1% is doing.

Remember our founders warned us about money corrupting our government. Clearly it has right? And the people who left England left this kind of system where the small ruling class ruled and the small merchant class was tiny and the masses were known as the rabble. We're turning back into that.

Me? I'm saving enough to retire at 65. 62 if I could get on medicare that young. But you can't. Too bad we don't have free government healthcare for people who want to retire early. Make room for the college kids who can't find work because people who are 61 can't afford to retire.

Ended with another false premise.
Can you point out what you think is false? Keep in mind my come back will be how do you know?
College kids are not being kept out of jobs because of older workers. Every year in America millions of jobs go unfilled for lack of qualified candidates.

rule, regulation, or law that might simply confirm a voter's identity that those of you on the left wouldn't scream "racism!" over? Can those of you crowding to the left imagine any manner whatsoever that performed and/or was intended ONLY to ensure that a voter - any voter, every voter, regardless of race - is who he or she says he or she is that would not evoke cries of "racism!!!!!" from you?
There are no values or principles involved here. Despite the theatrics of both sides, they're just trying to tweak the rules to get more of their voters and less of the other team's. Whatever.

Both ends of this issue NEED each other. It's a very symbiotic relationship.
And thats a very useless comment

Since you are so superior to everyone else why dont you spell out the proper voting laws that must be followed?
I'm done dumbing things down for you people. Sorry.

No one is dumber than you. Your usual explanation is dumb enough.
Its Mac1958’s way of avoiding tough questions

Both ends of this issue NEED each other. It's a very symbiotic relationship.
And thats a very useless comment

Since you are so superior to everyone else why dont you spell out the proper voting laws that must be followed?
I'm done dumbing things down for you people. Sorry.

No one is dumber than you. Your usual explanation is dumb enough.
Well, true. I could never be as smart and accurately-informed as an obedient Trumpster.

Darn.

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

1. Voter purges are not only allowed, they're encouraged. But like all things, the devil is in the details. Purges without notification, and done close to elections are barred. Ongoing purges of names with notifications being mailed out, and a reasonable time frame for the voter to respond, a second and "final notice" of purge, all done with no names being removed within 6 months of an election, should be SOP.

2. All mail in ballots require ID. The difference between Dems and Republicans, is that Dems will accept all forms of ID, and Republicans want very limited forms of ID and verifications, which are designed to limit specific blocks of voters.

3. Mail in voting has been in place since the Civil War. There has never been any cases of significant voter fraud using mail in ballots.

4. In the instances where there have been large cases of voter fraud, the voter ID laws being proposed by Republicans would have had absolutely no impact in preventing these voter fraud cases.
Ongoing purges of names with notifications being mailed out, and a reasonable time frame for the voter to respond, a second and "final notice" of purge, all done with no names being removed within 6 months of an election, should be SOP.

I'm all for giving people enough time to respond to a purge notice. No argument there, but, if they send you multiple notices and you fail to respond, you can't blame that on the system.

The difference between Dems and Republicans, is that Dems will accept all forms of ID, and Republicans want very limited forms of ID and verifications, which are designed to limit specific blocks of voters.

I'll be honest, I agree that we should not accept ALL forms of ID. Its too easy to fake an ID these days. I think the form of ID should be a legal, verified ID, such as a DL, or other state or government issued ID. For those that have trouble acquiring one of these ID, I think the state should help them get it, and it should be free.

Mail in voting has been in place since the Civil War. There has never been any cases of significant voter fraud using mail in ballots.

Only in select areas and in most cases its a "by request" absentee ballot. There has never been a nation wide mass ballot mailing such as the dems are suggesting.

The issue with the voter purges is that "True the Vote" would come in a few weeks before the election, and just strike names off the rolls, with no notice and no appeal period. If you send a notice, with a reasonable appeal period, and a final notice, with no response, yes, by all means purge the name. But do ALL of the steps, and don't do ANY purges within 3 months before a national election.

As for voter ID, again, any government issued ID should do. But please remember that there has never been a case of major voter fraud that voter ID, of the types proposed by Republicans, would have solved, so there is an awful lot of effort being put special forms of voter ID to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

As for voter ID, again, any government issued ID should do.

I disagree. Even illegals can get valid government ID. Some states are issuing drivers licenses to illegals and that is considered a valid state ID.

The ID for voting should be a citizenship verified ID.

Again, who is saying they are preventing anyone legal from voting? Only the left is saying that. I've yet to see anyone from the right saying that certain legal citizens should be prevented from voting. The right sees the illegal immigration at the border as a problem. They are afraid that many of these illegals will slip through the cracks and end up voting. Many on the right think the left is facilitating it. So, they want to make sure that those people who are not eligible to vote don't get a chance.

The ID isn't to prove citizenship, it's to prove identify. You have to prove citizenship to be registered as a voter, not at the polls. The purpose of voter ID is to prove you're the same person named on the voter rolls. When I go to the polling station, my name is on a list. I show ID to prove I am the person named on the list. If my name is on the list, my citizenship has already been proven.

Realistically speaking, the right wing obsession with illegals voting has no basis in fact. Illegals don't give a rat's ass about voting. They're trying to keep their heads low and not get caught. Like we did when we snuck backstage at rock shows when we were teenagers. We didn't want anyone to spot us and throw us out so we did nothing to draw attention to ourselves until the concert was over.

Republicans are lying to you about voter fraud, to push through these voter suppression laws to reduce poor and minority voting, because they're aren't enough rich white men to keep them in power and voting for bad economic policies that favour billionaires.

There have been cases of massive voter fraud, but NONE of them involved illegal immigrants voting in large numbers, or people impersonating voters using fake ID's. Republicans are proposing repressive solutions to solve problems that don't exist, while doing nothing to thwart the kids of voter suppression and fraud, we have been seeing - like Gerrymandering, or "exact match".

The only problem that Republicans are looking to solve with these voter ID and voter suppression laws, is that there are too many Democratic voters to overcome, so like Trump said in the debate "We have to throw out the votes".
The ID isn't to prove citizenship, it's to prove identify. You have to prove citizenship to be registered as a voter, not at the polls.

To get the ID you should have to prove citizenship, and thus when you show it to vote, you have proven you are a citizen who is legally eligible to vote.

There are people who mistakenly receive ballots, they didn't have to prove citizenship to get them, but they can, and do send them in. Legal citizenship verified id required to vote, and only by request with reason to absentee vote.

Illegals don't give a rat's ass about voting. They're trying to keep their heads low and not get caught

Really? So you are saying illegals don't vote in our elections?

Republicans are lying to you about voter fraud, to push through these voter suppression laws to reduce poor and minority voting

I've never seen, nor heard anyone on the right claiming they want to enact laws that suppress legal voters. Only the left is making that claim. Everyone on the right has only said they want stricter voting laws to prevent illegitimate and illegal voting.

There have been cases of massive voter fraud, but NONE of them involved illegal immigrants voting in large numbers, or people impersonating voters using fake ID's.

Ok, that's a start. So now we recognize that there have been cases of massive voter fraud, regsrdless of the mechanism. Wouldn't you agree, then, that tightening the voter laws to try and prevent these things would be a good idea?

The left always says "not in large numbers", and I always ask, "how many is too many?" 100? 1000? 10000? Every illegal or illegitimate vote is negating a legal and legitimate vote of someone else.

As long as the potential for voter fraud exists, the need to strengthening the laws becomes apparent. If you could assure me that every election would be fair and never contain voter fraud, id agree with you about having lax voter laws, but, thats a guarantee that nobody can make.

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

Nobody has a problem with continuous monitoring of voter roles and having an open, fair, and defined procedure for removing those not eligible, but a last minute purge of all "John Smith's" just because one John Smith moved or died, and no opportunity for those purged to find out until it is too late won't be tolerated.
Are voter roles purged that way? I thought they purged suspected outdated and erroneous listing, and gave you an opportunity to reassert the validity of your status.

In red states, the rolls were being purged within weeks of elections, with no notification. They simply deleted the names of people who hadn't voted in the past so many elections, in September for a November election.

While voter rolls should be purged regularly, it should be done with proper notification that your name is about to be deleted, and a time frame for you to notify them not to delete you. The process needs to be done BETWEEN elections, and no deletions should occur with 6 months of an election date.

In Canada, I just check a box on my income tax filing, and I'm registered to vote. Rev Canada knows my citizenship, and they register me. When I moved just before an election, I took my proof of citizenship (birth certificate, and my electric bill to show residency) to the polling station, and registered on the spot to vote.

When I moved just before an election, I took my proof of citizenship (birth certificate, and my electric bill to show residency) to the polling station, and registered on the spot to vote.

Again, you are having to provide proof of citizenship, something they are trying to avoid here.

If you could, would you post some links to the stories of red states purging voters roles just weeks before election and not giving people an opportunity to reassert their status? I'd like to read them.
You deny Republicans have purged voter roles close to elections? Now we have to go digging to find when they tried that? What will that change for you if we show you they did that?
No, I'm not denying anything. I want to read the stories about where a state purged voter roles close to an election without giving voters ample opportunity to verify their status.

Yes, I'm skeptical, because, often, when someone makes a claim like that, it usually turns out to not be exactly as they claim. I did a quick search of "voter roles purged close to election" and didn't really see much in the way of results. With most media being lefty driven, I would have figured that search would pop up many stories, but didn't seem to be any matching that query. Mostly just stories from years gone by about normal voter role purges.

So, yes ,I asked for a link to some stories showing where red states purposely purged voter roles, and then didn't give the citizens an opportunity to reaffirm their eligibility.
sorry, you'll have to link to a story. I'm not clicking on a file download , especially from a site I do not recognize.

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

Another interesting thought I just had on Republican hypocrisy. Every time we find an illegal employer Republicans defend them saying they were shown fake id's and there is no way for them to know the ID's weren't real.

So if it's so easy for illegals to get fake id's that employers accept, why wouldn't poll workers accept their fake id's too?

Makes me think even more that this is just an unnecessary step or hoop Republicans are trying to make people jump through in order to vote, because they don't want them to vote. They want to make it harder so less people vote.
What employers are you referring to?

So if it's so easy for illegals to get fake id's that employers accept, why wouldn't poll workers accept their fake id's too?

Thats a good point. Its why I'm not in favor of allowing any and all IDs as verification, but a specific ID, that you have to.prove your citizenship to acquire and if you have a hard time getting the ID the state can assist you in finding the appropriate documents to prove your citizenship.

And no, don't want to make it harder for legal citizens to vote, just want to make it so that only citizens can vote, and that no dead people, dogs, or people who get someone else's ballot in the mail are able to vote.

Why does the left keep insisting its about voter suppression? I've yet to hear anyone from the right say they wanted to prevent people from voting. Only YOU folks are saying that.
If you don’t see it it’s because you don’t want to

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

I'm 71 years old and I've voted in every election since I was 21, which was the voting age, when I first voted. The ONLY time I had to prove citizenship at the polls, was when I moved three weeks before the election, and wasn't registered to vote in the district.

In regards to voter roll purges. There were dozens more articles, but they were from places like Vox and Mother Jones, so I stuck with more the high end, high-fact reporting sites. You could have googled it, but you did ask nicely:

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

Another interesting thought I just had on Republican hypocrisy. Every time we find an illegal employer Republicans defend them saying they were shown fake id's and there is no way for them to know the ID's weren't real.

Makes me think even more that this is just an unnecessary step or hoop Republicans are trying to make people jump through in order to vote, because they don't want them to vote. They want to make it harder so less people vote.

Thats a good point. Its why I'm not in favor of allowing any and all IDs as verification, but a specific ID, that you have to.prove your citizenship to acquire and if you have a hard time getting the ID the state can assist you in finding the appropriate documents to prove your citizenship.

And no, don't want to make it harder for legal citizens to vote, just want to make it so that only citizens can vote, and that no dead people, dogs, or people who get someone else's ballot in the mail are able to vote.

Why does the left keep insisting its about voter suppression? I've yet to hear anyone from the right say they wanted to prevent people from voting. Only YOU folks are saying that.

Tyson Foods, Koch Industries - ICE workers pulled 700 illegals out of two plants owned by these billionaire owned companies. And not for the first time either. These companies, with all of their resources, are consistent targets of ICE enforcement raids, but neither has ever been charged with hiring illegal workers. Their claims have always been they were presented with fake ID's.

You have yet to hear anyone on the right to say they want to prevent people from voting because THAT'S AGAINST THE LAW AND IN VIOLATION OF THE CONSTITUTION.

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

If you don’t see it it’s because you don’t want to
Or, maybe you DO see it because you want to.

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

I'm 71 years old and I've voted in every election since I was 21, which was the voting age, when I first voted. The ONLY time I had to prove citizenship at the polls, was when I moved three weeks before the election, and wasn't registered to vote in the district.

In regards to voter roll purges. There were dozens more articles, but they were from places like Vox and Mother Jones, so I stuck with more the high end, high-fact reporting sites. You could have googled it, but you did ask nicely:

Ok story number 1. Local election, 6 years of inactivity, and he claims a single letter asking him to confirm. Now, if it was just 1 letter, I'd say they need to change that, but, this is his word that it was just 1 letter. Could have been 2 or 3 and he ignored, or they ended up in the trash as junk mail.

Story 2. This is an allegation and lawsuit. According to what I've read, Georgia apparently did what they were legally allowed to do by the nvra, and sent out cards, and many did not send them back.

Story 3. Ok, I can agree with you to some extent on use it or lose it. That doesn't mean anything was illegal, but I agree it needs refining. However, states want to clean up the voter roles when you have people who haven't voted in many years.

I won't deny maybe some of these people need to refine their methods but, voter roles need to be kept tidy, especially if they are thinking of mass mail outs of ballots.

I consider myself fairly liberal and am against anything that can (1) subjectively deprive somebody of their vote without the right to appeal or (2) be maliciously used on election day to cause backup of voters waiting in line.

As far as racism goes, I'm no expert on racial customs so I do my best to stick to specifics. For example, some in Georgia's legislature desired to ban Sunday voting and called for weekend voting only taking place on Saturdays. Such change didn't strike me in any manner at first because I had never heard of the practice of 'Souls to the Polls' taking place after Sunday church service.

I would be ok with ID if they allowed a broad array of photo id's instead of the very restricted ones states are trying to pass.

State ID are FREE. Why do you assume that black people are too stupid to obtain FREE ID?

Works great.

A few hours later...

A few hours later....

Is that happening?

Tyson Foods, Koch Industries - ICE workers pulled 700 illegals out of two plants owned by these billionaire owned companies. And not for the first time either. These companies, with all of their resources, are consistent targets of ICE enforcement raids, but neither has ever been charged with hiring illegal workers. Their claims have always been they were presented with fake ID's.

You have yet to hear anyone on the right to say they want to prevent people from voting because THAT'S AGAINST THE LAW AND IN VIOLATION OF THE CONSTITUTION.

Lol, I kinda knew you were going to say Tyson. I don't know of any repubs who defend their practices, but you do know the Tysons are big time Clinton supporters, right?

Right, my point was, the left are the only ones saying it. I listen to a lot of both right and left wing radio, I've never heard anyone on the right say anything other than they want proper legal voters only to be able to vote. The left are the only ones saying the right are trying to suppress the vote. You will say any attempt by the right to maintain fair and honest elections as an attempt to suppress votes.

I consider myself fairly liberal and am against anything that can (1) subjectively deprive somebody of their vote without the right to appeal or (2) be maliciously used on election day to cause backup of voters waiting in line.

As far as racism goes, I'm no expert on racial customs so I do my best to stick to specifics. For example, some in Georgia's legislature desired to ban Sunday voting and called for weekend voting only taking place on Saturdays. Such change didn't strike me in any manner at first because I had never heard of the practice of 'Souls to the Polls' taking place after Sunday church service.
So technically that is not "separation of church and state".

Forum List

Back