Is There Any Racism In The United States?

I'm white. I never considered myself racist growing up. I grew up in a 60% white 25% Hispanic 15% Other community. But in the early 60s when I was a kid ... I caught a glimpse of the black riots of Los Angeles. They didn't affect me much, but I heard my parents speak about it, and they made it a point to stay out of certain neighborhoods. That was my first introduction to black racism against whites.

Then, in the 90s, the blacks went "a-wildin' again and started rioting after the criminal, Rodney King (while high on PCP), was taken down by the cops. This was when black racism against whites became very real for me. I drove a truck route through some of those riot zones, and I saw the video of Reginald Denny getting dragged out of his truck and beaten because he was white.

It was then that I realized that we all wear a uniform. It's our skin. Whether we like it or not ... our "team" or "platoon" has been chosen for us at birth.

So here's where I stand on race today (and many will want to call me a "racist" and I don't give a shit). I avoid black neighborhoods like the plague. I've lived in 9 States over the years, and I've experienced racially mixed neighborhoods vs. mostly white neighborhoods, and I choose the latter. I feel more at ease with people who share my heritage, and I'm more relaxed avoiding people who literally hate me for my white skin.

If you happen to be white, and you're tired of living in or near a jungle (Democrat run city) then I suggest you get the hell away from there while you can.

Here's a great site: City-Data.com: City-Data.com - Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, crime, house prices, cost of living, races, home value estimator, recent sales, income, photos, schools, maps, weather, neighborhoods, and more

Type in the name of a town you may be interested in moving to. City-Data breaks down all the demographics. There's usually a pie-chart showing the racial breakdown of the city. When a city is mostly black ... there's a very high crime rate. When a city is mostly white ... there's a very low crime rate. This is true on the east coast, west coast, north, and south. Great resource.

I'm not white.

Just sayin'....

I'm not white.

Just sayin'....
Cool with me! Like I say ... I don't hate anyone of another race, but I know to choose a safe town over one that means me harm. For the most part, I have gotten along with people of other races in the work place, and I grew up around lots of Hispanics (many of whom were good friends). But having lived on both American coasts; the Midwest; the Mountain regions; and Arizona ... I've come to realize that black neighborhoods and communities are dangerous places for a white person. It's just a fact of life, and I've come to expect and accept. I work around it.

Forum List

Back