Is There Any Racism In The United States?

While many of these policies appear race neutral, in practice they discriminate by failing to acknowledge the skewed racial realities of the U.S. criminal justice system…
What does this even mean? Food stamps, though distributed without regard to race, discriminated against blacks because more blacks were in prison and therefore couldn't access the benefits?

1644157391852.png

What does this even mean? Food stamps, though distributed without regard to race, discriminated against blacks because more blacks were in prison and therefore couldn't access the benefits?
I don't think it means only food stamps but policies that effect entire families. Racial realities in the criminal justice system may refer to "driving while black," meaning blacks are more likely to be pulled over due to racial profiling and more often likely to be arrested on charges that might not have resulted had the driver been white. Racial realities may refer to harsher and longer sentences for blacks than whites guilty of the same exact crime. Realities like blacks in prison awaiting trials for months even years because they can't afford cash bail. They have not been found guilty, not even tried yet and are in prison. Whites are more likely to come up with cash bail and wealthy whites can afford great attorneys while many blacks have to depend on the public defenders.

Example: I know a white guy who went to college and he said that their white fraternity could be having a loud party with drinking, drugs, etc. They would hear the police siren and get scared, but it would always go past them and on to the black fraternity down the street, doing the exact same thing. He also said that he was going through the checkpoint at an airport, carrying marijuana in his bag. They looked through the bag and passed him through, no questions asked. He said he knew that if he had been black and in the same situation, they would have arrested him. He'd seen it happen to black friends.

"Democrats Accuse Their Opponents Of ‘Jim Crow 2.0’ While Openly Supporting Racial Discrimination

... it’s the left. They are the ones who have implemented a discriminatory racial-spoils system in government and academic institutions throughout the country. Democrats’ racial preferences have much more in common with Jim Crow than what Biden likes to call “Jim Crow 2.0,” referring to benign Republican efforts to ensure election integrity.

...Biden’s announcement that he will consider only a black woman for the U.S. Supreme Court. This is something no private employer is allowed to do: disregard all other qualified job candidates to make a hiring decision based solely on race and sex.

Does he want us to believe that discrimination on the basis of race or sex is acceptable if it serves political ends, even though it means other individuals are hurt despite their outstanding credentials?"

IMHO, the idea of allowing discrimination against any disfavored group should not be allowed in any free and democratic society that says "all men are created equal". That is what it SHOULD mean, obviously that has not always been the case but should always be the goal. And the idea that any group is exempt from that requirement ought to be preposterous.

IMHO, the idea of allowing discrimination against any disfavored group should not be allowed in any free and democratic society that says "all men are created equal". That is what it SHOULD mean, obviously that has not always been the case but should always be the goal. And the idea that any group is exempt from that requirement ought to be preposterous.

Well, let's remember.....the Democrats are not an American party.

It is sad that so many of our correspondents here cannot separate the two realities of RACIAL DISCRIMINATION and DISPARATE IMPACT.

Racial discrimination against POC's and/or women because of their demographic group is evil, and in some cases it is against the law. But just because some policy or practice manifests a result that does not reflect the demographics of the subject group does not mean that the policy has the intent to discrimination on the basis of race. And INTENT is the key factor here.

ANY criterion that uses intelligence, knowledge, wealth, income, formal education or special skills will result in African Americans being weeded out to a greater extent than bare demographics would predict. But the society should not allow policies that foster merit to be abandoned in the quest for the desired color outcome.

To cite the Issue of the Day, many states wish to implement voting criteria that require voters to register in advance, to obtain and show a free government-issued photo ID, and to either vote on Election Day or present documentation that proves their identity in connection with a mailed-inn vote. But even these minimal requirements will weed out those life-incompetents who are simply not equipped to meet them. And a LOT of such people are African American citizens.

There is nothing discriminatory about wanting to have elections with some security and integrity, but in the process of getting there, more Blacks than others will be weeded out. The Left wants to have the right to troll the ghettoes, nursing homes, homeless encampments, etc., to FIND such people, and nurse them through the registration and voting process so that they will reliably and predictably vote for Democrats and Democrat initiatives. It was this very process, paid for by private operatives, that apparently won the 2020 Presidential election for the Left. Their slogan is, more or less, "EVERYONE SHOULD VOTE!" But this is insidious nonsense. If you are too feeble-minded and incapable to meet the minimal requirements proposed by the political Right then, dammit, you should not be voting.

Sorry.

Racial discrimination against POC's and/or women because of their demographic group is evil, and in some cases it is against the law. But just because some policy or practice manifests a result that does not reflect the demographics of the subject group does not mean that the policy has the intent to discrimination on the basis of race. And INTENT is the key factor here.

Disparate impact does not require any intent to discriminate. The widely cited Supreme Court case Griggs v Duke Power Co, 401 US 424 (1971) ruled that employment requirements (e.g., aptitude tests) that disparately impact members of ethnic minorities are illegal if the requirements are not “reasonably related” to employment responsibilities.

Yes, of course. "Reasonably related." I have no issue with that. And the requirements to register in advance and show an ID card are REASONABLY RELATED to the unquestionable goal of election integrity.

We do not disagree.

1. Well....yes. But it is all, 100% anti-white racism.
Ask me to prove it and I will.....but take this as a prime example:

[Democrat-run]"New York prioritizes nonwhite people in COVID-19 treatment distribution plan"

2. The most brainless posters will simply claim all sorts of white privilege, white supremacy, systemic racism.......but are shocked if you ask them for any evidence.
When pressed......this is the best they can do: a particular Democrat lap-dog wrote this-

“White Privilege is evident in the distribution of wealth and power in America, historically-based and perpetuated via laws, educational advantages, inherited wealth, Good Ol' Boy networks, racial prejudices, etc., but some Whites are disgruntled because they do not believe they share in it.”
The Myth Of White Privilege post #77

Get that? The percentage of minorities in any outcome proves racism.
And....that there are laws that enforce this!

3. First lie….there are no such laws in America.
But government school grads claim such. They're taught to lie.

Second is that blacks, minorities, are in any way prevented from choosing any profession, career, or endeavor to earn a living. Each category has its own requirements, and none are skin color (other than restricting white folks).

4. Thomas Sowell evinced amusement at the idea that percentages in any job show racism.

"If there were a contest for the most stupid idea in politics, my choice would be the assumption that people would be evenly or randomly distributed in incomes, institutions, occupations or awards, in the absence of somebody doing somebody wrong."​

Thomas Sowell - The Dumbest Idea

5. When Democrat Judge Sotomayor wrote that a city can toss out the results of a fireman's exam based on the percentages of each race that passed the test......all nine Supreme Court Justices reamed her as follows:

Ricci decision: all nine Supreme Court Justices criticized her decision, saying that summary judgment was inappropriate, and should have been judged on the facts.​

"All nine justices rejected Sotomayor's holding that different test results alone give the government a green light to engage in race discrimination. Even Justice Ginsburg's opinion for the dissent clearly stated that "an employer could not cast aside a selection method based on a statistical disparity alone." None adopted Sotomayor's position that unequal test results alone prove discrimination. This suggests that a wise Jewess, due to the richness of her life experiences, might come to a better judgment than a Latina judge would."​

One moment, please...

Of course, she was immediately picked to be a Supreme Court Justice by the Democrats.

Every Democrat voter endorses these lies and stupidity, leading to the observation that only liars and fools vote Democrat.
Sowell is a deal breaker.

Is There Any Racism In The United States?​

Yes. And this forum proves it.

Here we have a thread by a mentally retarded Korean woman who lies to herself about life White racism exists in America and it is as strong as it has ever been. Flash is an example. These are his words:

"I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.”

Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time.

Glad I did it. I would do it again.”

For 20 years Flash denied potential job opportunities to black people. He did this while sitting on his butt and typing into a computer about how blacks make up racism, how blacks use racism as an excuse for their failure, how we blame whites today for things that happened 3-400 years ago, how black culture doesn't value work, that liberal democrats tell blacks that whites are keeping us down and make us believe we are victims. How racism was a thing of the past and it was not such a big thing. You guys see these comments from republicans everyday and this moron wants to tell people that democrats are the party of racism.

Right wing extremism is an obvious mental disorder.

1. Well....yes. But it is all, 100% anti-white racism.
Ask me to prove it and I will.....but take this as a prime example:

[Democrat-run]"New York prioritizes nonwhite people in COVID-19 treatment distribution plan"

2. The most brainless posters will simply claim all sorts of white privilege, white supremacy, systemic racism.......but are shocked if you ask them for any evidence.
When pressed......this is the best they can do: a particular Democrat lap-dog wrote this-

“White Privilege is evident in the distribution of wealth and power in America, historically-based and perpetuated via laws, educational advantages, inherited wealth, Good Ol' Boy networks, racial prejudices, etc., but some Whites are disgruntled because they do not believe they share in it.”
The Myth Of White Privilege post #77

Get that? The percentage of minorities in any outcome proves racism.
And....that there are laws that enforce this!

3. First lie….there are no such laws in America.
But government school grads claim such. They're taught to lie.

Second is that blacks, minorities, are in any way prevented from choosing any profession, career, or endeavor to earn a living. Each category has its own requirements, and none are skin color (other than restricting white folks).

4. Thomas Sowell evinced amusement at the idea that percentages in any job show racism.

"If there were a contest for the most stupid idea in politics, my choice would be the assumption that people would be evenly or randomly distributed in incomes, institutions, occupations or awards, in the absence of somebody doing somebody wrong."​

Thomas Sowell - The Dumbest Idea

5. When Democrat Judge Sotomayor wrote that a city can toss out the results of a fireman's exam based on the percentages of each race that passed the test......all nine Supreme Court Justices reamed her as follows:

Ricci decision: all nine Supreme Court Justices criticized her decision, saying that summary judgment was inappropriate, and should have been judged on the facts.​

"All nine justices rejected Sotomayor's holding that different test results alone give the government a green light to engage in race discrimination. Even Justice Ginsburg's opinion for the dissent clearly stated that "an employer could not cast aside a selection method based on a statistical disparity alone." None adopted Sotomayor's position that unequal test results alone prove discrimination. This suggests that a wise Jewess, due to the richness of her life experiences, might come to a better judgment than a Latina judge would."​

One moment, please...

Of course, she was immediately picked to be a Supreme Court Justice by the Democrats.

Every Democrat voter endorses these lies and stupidity, leading to the observation that only liars and fools vote Democrat.
I'm white. I never considered myself racist growing up. I grew up in a 60% white 25% Hispanic 15% Other community. But in the early 60s when I was a kid ... I caught a glimpse of the black riots of Los Angeles. They didn't affect me much, but I heard my parents speak about it, and they made it a point to stay out of certain neighborhoods. That was my first introduction to black racism against whites.

Then, in the 90s, the blacks went "a-wildin' again and started rioting after the criminal, Rodney King (while high on PCP), was taken down by the cops. This was when black racism against whites became very real for me. I drove a truck route through some of those riot zones, and I saw the video of Reginald Denny getting dragged out of his truck and beaten because he was white.

It was then that I realized that we all wear a uniform. It's our skin. Whether we like it or not ... our "team" or "platoon" has been chosen for us at birth.

So here's where I stand on race today (and many will want to call me a "racist" and I don't give a shit). I avoid black neighborhoods like the plague. I've lived in 9 States over the years, and I've experienced racially mixed neighborhoods vs. mostly white neighborhoods, and I choose the latter. I feel more at ease with people who share my heritage, and I'm more relaxed avoiding people who literally hate me for my white skin.

If you happen to be white, and you're tired of living in or near a jungle (Democrat run city) then I suggest you get the hell away from there while you can.

Here's a great site: City-Data.com: City-Data.com - Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, crime, house prices, cost of living, races, home value estimator, recent sales, income, photos, schools, maps, weather, neighborhoods, and more

Type in the name of a town you may be interested in moving to. City-Data breaks down all the demographics. There's usually a pie-chart showing the racial breakdown of the city. When a city is mostly black ... there's a very high crime rate. When a city is mostly white ... there's a very low crime rate. This is true on the east coast, west coast, north, and south. Great resource.

I'm white. I never considered myself racist growing up. I grew up in a 60% white 25% Hispanic 15% Other community. But in the early 60s when I was a kid ... I caught a glimpse of the black riots of Los Angeles. They didn't affect me much, but I heard my parents speak about it, and they made it a point to stay out of certain neighborhoods. That was my first introduction to black racism against whites.

Then, in the 90s, the blacks went "a-wildin' again and started rioting after the criminal, Rodney King (while high on PCP), was taken down by the cops. This was when black racism against whites became very real for me. I drove a truck route through some of those riot zones, and I saw the video of Reginald Denny getting dragged out of his truck and beaten because he was white.

It was then that I realized that we all wear a uniform. It's our skin. Whether we like it or not ... our "team" or "platoon" has been chosen for us at birth.

So here's where I stand on race today (and many will want to call me a "racist" and I don't give a shit). I avoid black neighborhoods like the plague. I've lived in 9 States over the years, and I've experienced racially mixed neighborhoods vs. mostly white neighborhoods, and I choose the latter. I feel more at ease with people who share my heritage, and I'm more relaxed avoiding people who literally hate me for my white skin.

If you happen to be white, and you're tired of living in or near a jungle (Democrat run city) then I suggest you get the hell away from there while you can.

Here's a great site: City-Data.com: City-Data.com - Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, crime, house prices, cost of living, races, home value estimator, recent sales, income, photos, schools, maps, weather, neighborhoods, and more

Type in the name of a town you may be interested in moving to. City-Data breaks down all the demographics. There's usually a pie-chart showing the racial breakdown of the city. When a city is mostly black ... there's a very high crime rate. When a city is mostly white ... there's a very low crime rate. This is true on the east coast, west coast, north, and south. Great resource.
This is another example of mental illness. Why did the black riots happen in LA?

Whites had been burning and bombing black homes and police were beating and killing blacks. William Parker the police chief was a racist. But you ignore all this to talk stupid. When I look for a place to live, mostly white towns or neighborhoods are the last thing I look for. Because I won't be safe. And I will never live in a rural all white town for that very same reason.

This is another example of mental illness. Why did the black riots happen in LA?

Whites had been burning and bombing black homes and police were beating and killing blacks. William Parker the police chief was a racist. But you ignore all this to talk stupid. When I look for a place to live, mostly white towns or neighborhoods are the last thing I look for. Because I won't be safe. And I will never live in a rural all white town for that very same reason.
The black riots happened because they couldn't understand that King wasn't beaten because he was black, but because he led them on a high speed chase that threatened the lives of hundreds of innocent people. They beat him because he wouldn't comply to their commands. Had he just complied ... nothing but an arrest would have happened to him. But he was so high on PCP (Angel Dust) that he became a real danger to their safety.

The blacks rioted because of their misperception and their natural hatred for "whitey."

Forum List

Back