Is there a potential Republican Candidate for Prez 2012 that anyone's excited about?

Be nice! She can see Canada from her doorstep. Or is it Latvia? No, no, it was Tarzana. And she stands with her North Korean allies.

Anyone but Palin Please people.....just watched her "reality" show WOW

We stand at 0-4 in trying to find a Republican people are excited about

Isn't anyone willing to stand up and name someone they actually like?

The only one with buzzzzzz is the one from Russia, oh, sorry about that, Alaska.

Seriously though I think Jeb Bush might be a good choice or Mitch Daniels.

Out of all the Bush men, I think Jeb Bush is the best. He ran Florida for 8 years has some across the board draw, but can he overcome his bros wars?

Mitch has some Washington experience as the first budget director under Bush and he has certainly kept Indiana's budget under control through these trying times. He has the economic and governmental smarts to help the country get out of this mess we are in. Certainly more than Sarah.

The only one with buzzzzzz is the one from Russia, oh, sorry about that, Alaska.

Out of all the Bush men, I think Jeb Bush is the best. He ran Florida for 8 years has some across the board draw, but can he overcome his bros wars?

Mitch has some Washington experience as the first budget director under Bush and he has certainly kept Indiana's budget under control through these trying times. He has the economic and governmental smarts to help the country get out of this mess we are in. Certainly more than Sarah.

Winner, winner ...Chicken Dinner

27 posts to get someone to name a Republican they support in 2012

We got Jeb Bush and Mitch Daniels

Come on boys! step up and tell us some other Republicans you like and why

Winner, winner ...Chicken Dinner

27 posts to get someone to name a Republican they support in 2012

We got Jeb Bush and Mitch Daniels

Come on boys! step up and tell us some other Republicans you like and why
Jeb is awesome but he and W have made it abundantly clear he won't run. People are still suffering from Bushitis.

I'll have to read up on Mitch Daniels.

I like Alabama's Governor Bob Riley

Just read this about Mitch:

he led the state to its first balanced budget in eight years and, without a tax increase, transformed the $600 million deficit he inherited into an annual surplus of $370 million within a year. The governor also repaid hundreds of millions of dollars the state had borrowed from Indiana's public schools, state universities and local units of government in previous administrations, and to reduce the state’s overall debt by 40 percent.

Ronald Reagan's ghost is a far more compelling candidate than JindalRomneyThunePawlenty, I'm voting for and contributing to Obama in 2012 and Christie or Rubio in 2016

I guess we're 2 years away. That's a long time off. I'm trying to remember if I knew much about Bill Clinton in 1990. I guess not. I'm fairly sure that amongst the field of Pawlenty, Palin, Romney, Gingrich, Thune, Barbour, Jindal, there are no great candidates in the group. Perhaps I'm wrong, or maybe there's some darkhorse that will come along that I don't know about. I guess that's why I asked the question. I'm impressed with Kasich, Christie, and Rubio, but they're all new to the scene or at least won't be running in 2012. Romney and Palin have obvious strengths, but big weaknesses too. The others, I just don't see being strong enough. Am I missing something?
Kasich already ran, so he's not so new, and in four years he will only be finishing his first term; VP maybe?

Darkhorse; Mitch Daniels gov of Indiana - In 2008 he not only won, he won big, 58%-40%. Obama took the state 53% against McCain's 47%, which was the first time the state went Dem for a president in 44 years; Daniels received 216,942 more votes than Senator McCain and 191,106 more votes than Senator Obama.

He won 79 of 92 counties in 2008 as opposed to 2004, when he won 73 and tied two against his incumbent opponent. Obama won 15 of 92 counties.

In 2008, after four years in office, Daniels received more votes than anyone who has ever run for office in Indiana

In Monroe County (My own, and the most liberal-leaning area in the state and home to Indiana University) he lost by only 1,500 votes. Daniels received 7,320 more votes in Monroe County than McCain.

Daniels talked about "change" in 2003 before "change" was cool. When first elected, he inherited a dysfunctional state government, hundreds of millions of dollars in debt. Since taking office, he has had only balanced budgets, the biggest tax cut in state history, telecom reform, ethics reform, and millions of dollars have been paid back to schools and local governments, and expanded health insurance and prescription drug access in a market-friendly way.

Indiana is now the only state in the nation to have a fully-funded ten-year transportation plan with no debt or tax increase. Does anyone remember how he did that?

It was claimed by late night, and not so late night comics that he had sold the Indiana Toll Road to Spain. Actually he leased a 157 mile toll road for 75 years, which while administered by the state, lost money virtually every year. He got us $3.6 billion in up-front money to improve the road infrastructure through-out the state, to make the state which is the crossroads of the nation, up to the task of that calling. Part of the 3.6 billion will be used to leverage federal funding to connect I-69 from Indianapolis to Evansville. I-69 has remained unbuilt, and will eventually connect Canada to Mexico through Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas.

Daniels has caught flack for recently calling for a 2012 GOP primary "truce" on social issues to focus instead on the economic woes of the nation. He was backed up on that by Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, a close friend and some have rumored would be his vice presidential pick if Daniels gets that far.

Last edited:
Oh, is the GOP pushing social issues ahead of economic issues right now? Ending DADT, expanding gay marriage, throwing Christians out of public buildings, jamming public funding for abortion down taxpayers throats?

Which one of those does Daniels think Democrats are willing to call "truce" on?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back