Third-Party Group No Labels Votes To Field A Presidential Candidate

We get the government we deserve. We don't want to fund elections so we have a donor class that will. We just want a free lunch and then get upset when we find the people paying for that lunch are writing the menu.
Plenty of countries have publicly funded election but are still in the grip of the same people. One way or another they manipulate the system for their own ends.

It seems to be only Republicans proclaiming the glory of No Labels, just as it's only Republicans proclaiming the glory of Kennedy.

Thus, I don't see them taking voters from Democrats.
The illegals they are sending to minority neighborhoods see it. You are losing the Black and Hispanic vote.

I'm sure that is true but we don't have to make it easy for them.
State funding of elections would make it easier for the government to block out unwanted opposition. And it creates more shit to fight over. The rules for just who gets public funding, and how much, etc, etc... would turn into another "gerrymandering", a political leverage point to control the process. I think it would make things worse, not better.

State funding of elections would make it easier for the government to block out unwanted opposition. And it creates more shit to fight over. The rules for just who gets public funding, and how much, etc, etc... would turn into another "gerrymandering", a political leverage point to control the process. I think it would make things worse, not better.
Maybe but that leaves us with the Golden Rule: he who pays the gold makes the rule. That's not what I want however cumbersome the public financing would be.

Forum List

Back