Is the woman turning clockwise or counterclockwise?

Is this woman spinning clockwise or counterclockwise?

• clockwise

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Counterclockwise

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

This one, like the Yanny or Laurel is another thing that plays tricks on the mind. I am sure many have seen this before. Now let us know what it is to you.

She is going counterclockwise to me, but she has changed on me. So really it has been both, but initially it is counterclockwise.

This one, like the Yanny or Laurel is another thing that plays tricks on the mind. I am sure many have seen this before. Now let us know what it is to you.

/----/ Counterclockwise until 1 minute 10 seconds and she reverses direction to clockwise. You need a third option on your poll. And please shytcan the horrible soundtrack.

Counterclockwise. Her left leg is the fulcrum and she turns to follow it counter clockwise.

Schrodinger's dancer; she is dancing in the direction you observe.

/----/ Counterclockwise until 1 minute 10 seconds and she reverses direction to clockwise. You need a third option on your poll. And please shytcan the horrible soundtrack.

But it did not switch, only your perception. Thats the creepy part. You could test that too.

11e78f6725f1c6bdf0364732fe3fe584.jpg

By using a technique taught by the Army to aid night vision, you can easily see that she changes directions every few seconds. It's called "Off Center Vision.

Don't look directly at the dancer. Place your cursor 1"-1 1/2 directly above her head. Stare at the cursor and with your peripheral vision you will observe that she changes directions every few seconds. Remember, don't look at the dancer.

This technique is used at night to help locate enemy positions or tanks in a wood line. Sunni Man , you should have remembered this from boot camp.

Don't look directly at the dancer. Place your cursor 1"-1 1/2 directly above her head. Stare at the cursor and with your peripheral vision you will observe that she changes directions every few seconds. Remember, don't look at the dancer.
Yep, you're correct.

Now the dancer changes direction every time I blink my eyes. ..... :cool:

Hossfly is correct. She starts off spinning clockwise but switches to counter clockwise after a few seconds of watching. Most people probably don't stay with her long enough to see the switch.

Hossfly is correct. She starts off spinning clockwise but switches to counter clockwise after a few seconds of watching. Most people probably don't stay with her long enough to see the switch.

It stayed counterclockwise motion (for me) through the whole piece. The next time, it switched on me about 2 mintes or so into it.

Yes, it switches, but it is my perception that is switching.

It stayed counterclockwise motion (for me) through the whole piece. The next time, it switched on me about 2 mintes or so into it.

Yes, it switches, but it is my perception that is switching.

I don't think so. I am not trying to change my perception but she puts down her left foot to spin clockwise, her right foot down to spin counter clockwise.

Forum List

Back