Is the US Supreme Court still Legitimate? (Poll)

Is the US Supreme Court still legitimate, especially considering their Roe v Wade decision?

• Yes

Votes: 65 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 26.1%

• Total voters
Your claim of corruption has no basis in fact.
You just hate the fact a black man disagrees with you and has the power to make that disagreement stick.
Again...he is taking money from organizations that may come before him and refuses to recuse.

Sounds pretty well based in fact

So... where's the proof that Justice Thomas is taking money from organizations that may come before him?

haqhah just because he's african-american and doesn't bend to the will of the demafascit doesn't make him corrupt.

Ya'll have tried to lynch him since the 90s
Sorry nope. Nothing to do with skin color.

Nice try at playing the race card

"would like not having it" .... HOW?

"EC is a has been policy", so therefore we will retire it .... HOW?

And no it's not my camp when it comes to "SC is illegitimate". SC was dully formed in accordance with law (even if not in accordance with not-partisan design, or congressional agreements). It is legitimate as far as LEGALITY goes.
I don't know "how"? Ask your cohorts on this board, they are the ones who don't want it.
Don't shoot me, I'm just the piano player.

Sorry nope. Nothing to do with skin color.

Nice try at playing the race card
haha of course it does. You don't attack any other justice but him...it's been happening since the 90s
The slurs included the n-word, “house n——r,” “coon,” “slave” and “Uncle Tom.”
Soon after the court handed down its decision, some pro-choice advocates began hurling outrageous and overtly racist remarks in Thomas’ direction (including liberal evocations of the “N-word” on Twitter) — often to the acclaim of some other left-aligned whites.

You need to factor in the political pressure from the president's base and supporters to appoint zealots.

I remember when Dubya nominated his WH secretary Harriet Miers, and the base went nuts, and she withdrew.

Then I also remember when papa Bush nominated David Souter, who wasn't vetted properly, and who turned out to be a Leftist.
Which was my point. We need to find a way to appoint moderates, centrists, and independent minded judges. The whole process needs to be changed.

His wife is taking money from them and HE benefits from that
that's an underly silly position to have.....most judges are married, many married to people that have jobs....many have other family members with jobs....to suggest someone can't be a judge because someone in their family has a job, and that organization "might" come in front of them his silly.

The fact that you pick only on Thomas for that, is telling....you don't say it about white judges or hold them to that standard

His wife is taking money from them and HE benefits from that
It's Hunter not Biden getting paid millions to do nothing so clearly no corruption.

then...

Its his wife not him but clearly corruption.

The problem with these complaints against the court are always the same: utterly devoid of any semblance of standards. We all know why you think 5 justices are corrupt to the core. It has nothing to do with what they do or even how they rule. Just who appointed them.

Everything else is just post hoc bullshit to justify the forgone conclusion.

Which was my point. We need to find a way to appoint moderates, centrists, and independent minded judges. The whole process needs to be changed.
Independent minded judges never happen.
Politics has to factor in, just look at Roberts' deciding vote to save Obamacare, that made Scalia scream...
The US is hyper-partisan and getting even more so.

that's an underly silly position to have.....most judges are married, many married to people that have jobs....many have other family members with jobs....to suggest someone can't be a judge because someone in their family has a job, and that organization "might" come in front of them his silly.

The fact that you pick only on Thomas for that, is telling....you don't say it about white judges or hold them to that standard
Taking money from an organization you are adjudicating is concerning at the very least and it ain’t just Thomas

Forum List

Back