Is the US Supreme Court still Legitimate? (Poll)

Is the US Supreme Court still legitimate, especially considering their Roe v Wade decision?

• Yes

Votes: 65 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 26.1%

• Total voters
Legitimately partisan.

Just because they are partisan and a few are hacks who would never have made it had Mitch not lowered the bar to 50+ 1, doesn't mean their decisions are not legitimately binding in law.

It is Republican nominees who ignore the Constitution even when it is explicit. The Constitution gives Congress the power to regulate federal elections. Yet the Supreme Court has ignored this and gutted the voting rights act.
Yep.

Not agreeing with some of the Supreme Courts decisions does not make it illegitimate all of us have seen the Court over the years make decisions we did not agree with that is called life.
"...that is called life"? Does anyone who reads this link understands that women in some states - usually the deep red ones - will allow a pregnant women's death before allowing for an abortion?

The democrats, the Left, and now their propaganda arm, the MSM, are mounting a campaign to hurt the USSC's "legitimacy".

On Friday, June 24, an extremist majority of the U.S. Supreme Court overruled more than 50 years of legal precedent, taking away a previously recognized fundamental right for the first time in the court's history. In doing so, it unleashed the full force of a regressive, coordinated state-by-state attack on the already perilously eroded right to access an abortion, on women's rights, the human right to bodily autonomy, privacy, and control over our own lives and dignity, and to life-saving healthcare and freedoms.

It’s time to say it: the US supreme court has become an illegitimate institution​

You can read all of the Leftist tripe about "precedent" or "women's rights", but you won't read anything about how the Dobbs decision was technically wrong as to the USSC's "mis"interpretation of the US Constitution. Even RBG said that Roe was poorly decided.
I couldn't vote. The fact is, the US supreme court hasn't been legitimate for a very long time because most of them, if not all of them, lean to a political spectrum and vote accordingly. The Court should be made up of nothing but centrists and moderates in order to really be legitimate. But, I can't vote no because then the leftist nut idiots will take that as a vote against Republicans and they would think that the court would be more legitimate if we had more leftists on it, which is exactly opposite of what my no vote would mean. We need to get rid of all partisan judges and find a way to appoint non partisan judges.

Dobbs gave them a measure of legitimacy in their role, at least, of adhering to the Constitution and making the other branches do so too.

It remains to be seen if they will continue to do things that improve their legitimacy and avoid being corrupt or incompetent.

FDR 1937 because he was angry that the court kept striking down his initiatives.
Yeah, and the anger is pretty much as is for President Biden, when the conservatives' put profits and debt before the lives and destruction of everything the working poor and middle class worked for during economic downturns.

What's their solution, cut taxes for corporations and the top earners.

Thomas is absolutely corrupt. His wife's agenda determines his votes
And the spouses of Roberts and Barrett absolutely pose ethics problems.
Two more Dem Senators and we can absolutely expand the Court...and we need to do that
1. Prove Thomas is corrupt, or you're a LIAR.
2. Prove spouses of Roberts and Barret pose ethics problems, or you're a LIAR.
3. You can try to expand the court, that would be entertaining.

The theory is valid but the process is flawed.
If I wanted a dancer I'd support a dancer.
They both affirmed the same policy but it was McConnell who violated his own policy. Hardball is expected so long as you follow the rules, lying and cheating was not.
1. The theory and process are valid, its just some of the decisions that you think are flawed. Was Robert's not killing Obamacare, as he should have, flawed?

2. All USSC nominees follow the RBG rule of never answering a question that may involve future litigation. The real question is "are they qualified or not", period. Recall that RBG, as left as they come, got 96 votes.

3. How did McConnell violate his own policy? He followed the Biden rule and you know it.

1. The theory and process are valid, its just some of the decisions that you think are flawed. Was Robert's not killing Obamacare, as he should have, flawed?

2. All USSC nominees follow the RBG rule of never answering a question that may involve future litigation.

To note, this is what Jackson was doing when she refused to address "what is a woman" but it sure sent many into a tizzy.

I couldn't vote. The fact is, the US supreme court hasn't been legitimate for a very long time because most of them, if not all of them, lean to a political spectrum and vote accordingly. The Court should be made up of nothing but centrists and moderates in order to really be legitimate. But, I can't vote no because then the leftist nut idiots will take that as a vote against Republicans and they would think that the court would be more legitimate if we had more leftists on it, which is exactly opposite of what my no vote would mean. We need to get rid of all partisan judges and find a way to appoint non partisan judges.
On planet perfect, where you live, there may be judges that have no personal political preferences. But here on earth, in the USA, everyone has political leanings. Both parties have diverged on the political spectrum to the extremes. The independent "centrists" are just liars. Even if we could program AI judges to have zero bias, there would be people on both sides whining about bias. That's just the world we live in.

sounded pretty specific to me:

I think the USSC is already a political mosh pit. First McConnell says Obama doesn't get to pick a SCOTUS because it is too close to the end of his term. Then he pushes through a Trump pick a week before an election. Seems pretty political to me.

I don't see it that way. The USSC is a fresh breath of sanity. Putting the states in charge of their own people's mores supports Constitutional wisdom in every way.

To note, this is what Jackson was doing when she refused to address "what is a woman" but it sure sent many into a tizzy.
LOL!! True. Republicans don't subscribe to the new woke craziness. How can you not answer that question???
[ANS: a female]
The next judge will be asked "Can men get pregnant?" [ANS: NO]

LOL!! True. Republicans don't subscribe to the new woke craziness. How can you not answer that question???
[ANS: a female]
The next judge will be asked "Can men get pregnant?" [ANS: NO]

They should refrain from answering.

They should refrain from answering.
That proves that the idiots subscribe to the woke bullshit.
No answer means that they are NOT qualified to sit on the USSC.
Can men get pregnant? Seriously? The answer is NO.
What is a woman? The answer is "a female of birthing age, with natural female DNA, genes, and hormones"
Is a tranny with female plumbing a woman? The answer is "partly, because he was born male, w/o natural female DNA, genes, and hormones". [I have no clue if a tranny can have a baby?? I assume not]

Forum List

Back