Is the US Supreme Court still Legitimate? (Poll)

Is the US Supreme Court still legitimate, especially considering their Roe v Wade decision?

• Yes

Votes: 65 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 26.1%

• Total voters
Conservatives don't want to get rid of the SC, or the electoral college.
The dems seem very unhappy with the SC....and the electoral college.
It doesn't take rocket science...it just takes common sense to understand.
Maybe you're the one not getting it straight. :eusa_whistle:

The Supreme Court's approval ratings are at a all-time low. Democrats and independents disapprove of the court and are questioning the legitimacy of the court.

We all know that Democrat nominations don't follow the law.
That's just a fact of life.
The law means nothing to Democrats/Communists.
But as long as they can be outvoted....the court is still legit.
The fact is a Democrat President will never nominate an A-political judge.

It is Republican nopminewes who ignore the Constitution even when it is explicit. The Constitution gives Congress the power to regulate federal elections. Yet the Supreme Court has ignored this and gutted the voting rights act.

The democrats, the Left, and now their propaganda arm, the MSM, are mounting a campaign to hurt the USSC's "legitimacy".

On Friday, June 24, an extremist majority of the U.S. Supreme Court overruled more than 50 years of legal precedent, taking away a previously recognized fundamental right for the first time in the court's history. In doing so, it unleashed the full force of a regressive, coordinated state-by-state attack on the already perilously eroded right to access an abortion, on women's rights, the human right to bodily autonomy, privacy, and control over our own lives and dignity, and to life-saving healthcare and freedoms.

It’s time to say it: the US supreme court has become an illegitimate institution​

You can read all of the Leftist tripe about "precedent" or "women's rights", but you won't read anything about how the Dobbs decision was technically wrong as to the USSC's "mis"interpretation of the US Constitution. Even RBG said that Roe was poorly decided.
Nonsense. The United States Supreme Court remains legitimate and worthy of respect.

You whining LigProgs who don't like some of its recent decisions are every bit as guilty of divisive behaviors as the Rumpians.

The democrats, the Left, and now their propaganda arm, the MSM, are mounting a campaign to hurt the USSC's "legitimacy".

On Friday, June 24, an extremist majority of the U.S. Supreme Court overruled more than 50 years of legal precedent, taking away a previously recognized fundamental right for the first time in the court's history. In doing so, it unleashed the full force of a regressive, coordinated state-by-state attack on the already perilously eroded right to access an abortion, on women's rights, the human right to bodily autonomy, privacy, and control over our own lives and dignity, and to life-saving healthcare and freedoms.

It’s time to say it: the US supreme court has become an illegitimate institution​

You can read all of the Leftist tripe about "precedent" or "women's rights", but you won't read anything about how the Dobbs decision was technically wrong as to the USSC's "mis"interpretation of the US Constitution. Even RBG said that Roe was poorly decided.
I see the rules of nominating a SCOTUS have changed and have become very political. Nominees lie to get on the Court. I'd like to see some rule changes.

I'm whining? How about the Millions of American Women marching peacefully in the streets and in the voting booths. I'm pissed off as are millions of men and women who see McConnell's hypocrisy and trump's self-serving putting him before our nation.
1. Yes you are whining, about a very correct and Constitutional USSC decision. If you were correct the Congress and Senate would have already passed a new LAW allowing abortions on demand. So why haven't they? Those are the people who make LAWs, not the USSC.

2. If those millions of women have the political power to to get the pols to pass a new abortion LAW, then there wouldn't be an issue, would there?

3. You can be pissed all you want, but please explain why. WTF did McConnell do? So you're on Trump's side against McConnell? As for Trump, he's just a democrat smoke grenade so voters don't focus on inflation, open borders, and the dumbest president and VP in history.

The Supreme Court is a illegitimate institution because Republican Nazis have found Nazis who are putting politics above the Constitution. There should be a high bar for overturning a precedent. These so-called justices have lied to senators when they were confirmed with 2 saying that Roe vs Wade was settled law. They ignore the Constitution even when it is explicit. They have abused the shadow docket. They clearly are Republicans rather than judges and they are assisting Republicans in their attacks on this country.
1. How are Republicans putting politics above the Constitution? Explain your statement. Otherwise I have no clue WTF you're typing.

2. Agree that there should be a high bar for overturning precedent. The US Constitution says that abortions are STATE issues.

3. Where is the Constitution EXPLICIT?

4. How have they abused the shadow docket?

5. How are they assisting Republicans in their attacks on the US?

You type a lot of shit without any proof. I can call them LIES until proven.

Nonsense. The United States Supreme Court remains legitimate and worthy of respect.
You whining LigProgs who don't like some of its recent decisions are every bit as guilty of divisive behaviors as the Rumpians.
Your reading comprehension sucks. I support the Roberts court.

I see the rules of nominating a SCOTUS have changed and have become very political. Nominees lie to get on the Court. I'd like to see some rule changes.
#1. The RBG rule is to NEVER answer any questions about legal cases that might happen in the future. The only "rule": is the nominee qualified?
As liberal as RBG was, she got 96 Senate votes. Now the democrats want to have political litmus tests of the nominee's politics. Wrong party? No votes.

What "rules" would you like to see changed?

#1. The RBG rule is to NEVER answer any questions about legal cases that might happen in the future. The only "rule": is the nominee qualified?
As liberal as RBG was, she got 96 Senate votes. Now the democrats want to have political litmus tests of the nominee's politics. Wrong party? No votes.
As I recall, both Kavanaugh and Barret said R v W was established law protected by stare decisis. Nope.

What "rules" would you like to see changed?
Options that might take the politics out of the court:
  • Every President gets one SCOTUS pick every term. If there are no deaths/retirements at the end of his term, the most senior justice gets the boot.
  • Every President gets to add one SCOTUS pick to the court every term. The number of justices will vary and is not fixed.
  • The justices serve for a fixed number of years, no lifetime appointments

As I recall, both Kavanaugh and Barret said R v W was established law protected by stare decisis. Nope.
Options that might take the politics out of the court:
  • Every President gets one SCOTUS pick every term. If there are no deaths/retirements at the end of his term, the most senior justice gets the boot.
  • Every President gets to add one SCOTUS pick to the court every term. The number of justices will vary and is not fixed.
  • The justices serve for a fixed number of years, no lifetime appointments
1. Neither said how they would vote on RvW. They spoke in generic terms, as RBG established for hearings.
2. To get your new "rules" approved would take a Constitutional Amendment. Never gonna happen. You'd turn the USSC into a political mosh pit with only the most extreme and "ideologically pure" appointees getting in, and only if the opposition party doesn't control the senate. As I said previously, RBG got 96 votes as an extreme liberal, the dems now want to make the USSC political instead of judicial.

1. Neither said how they would vote on RvW. They spoke in generic terms, as RBG established for hearings.
sounded pretty specific to me:

2. To get your new "rules" approved would take a Constitutional Amendment. Never gonna happen. You'd turn the USSC into a political mosh pit with only the most extreme and "ideologically pure" appointees getting in, and only if the opposition party doesn't control the senate. As I said previously, RBG got 96 votes as an extreme liberal, the dems now want to make the USSC political instead of judicial.
I think the USSC is already a political mosh pit. First McConnell says Obama doesn't get to pick a SCOTUS because it is too close to the end of his term. Then he pushes through a Trump pick a week before an election. Seems pretty political to me.

Hell no!

We have literal activist judges ramming their radical political ideology down the American people's throat's.
You’re right . The leftist that use the court for social change and rule with feelings instead of the law must be removed.

Is the US Supreme Court still Legitimate?​

What a stupid question. The third branch of the federal government, the judicial branch, doesn't become "illegitimate" everytime they make a judicial decision (read: do their jobs interpreting the Constitution) just because some group somewhere doesn't like the decision.

The Left wants the entire government from SCOTUS to POTUS to be nothing more than a 'Yes Man' to their whims, and so far, they got the Exec branch in their pocket, defeating the very POINT to the separation of powers!

Worse, SCOTUS did the right thing in moving the decision on handling abortions back to the States where these decisions can be handled by their elected officials instead of a federal bureaucracy!

It is Republican nopminewes who ignore the Constitution even when it is explicit. The Constitution gives Congress the power to regulate federal elections. Yet the Supreme Court has ignored this and gutted the voting rights act.

The voting rights act is destroying our elections in the name of social justice

No one who has even a passing familiarity with the Constitution and Constitutional Law has any doubts about the "legitimacy" of the USSC, as currently comprised. The same could not be said during the latter years of the Warren Court, but the Media would never state such a thing openly.

sounded pretty specific to me:

I think the USSC is already a political mosh pit. First McConnell says Obama doesn't get to pick a SCOTUS because it is too close to the end of his term. Then he pushes through a Trump pick a week before an election. Seems pretty political to me.
1. The USSC should be all about what the Constitution says, not what you'd like it to say.
2. Feinstein said that judges say that they will support stare-decisis, and then don't, so add Kavanaugh to that list.
He NEVER committed to anything. His answer was very lawyerly, like, "my opinion right now is...". Being very careful not to commit to any future vote.
3. McConnell played hardball with Garland, like Biden did before.

Nope. Thomas is corrupt and dishonest...should recuse from any case involving Trump but his wife won't let him

There are ethics issues with several of the other right wing Justices.

The Court needs to be expanded to nullify their votes since that are almost impossible to remove once installed

Forum List

Back