Is the US Supreme Court still Legitimate? (Poll)

Is the US Supreme Court still legitimate, especially considering their Roe v Wade decision?

• Yes

Votes: 65 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 26.1%

• Total voters
We have about 250 years of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" to look rely on.
For example, "Prohibition" was apparently "popular" until it wasn't.
If you can get 38 state legislatures to approve an Amendment, then it happens, if not it doesn't. Simple.
So was amending for prohibition or amending against prohibition a problem?

We'll see in November and in 2024 who "most voters" are, meaning "most LEGITIMATE voters".
Women can vote on abortion, or they can vote on the price of groceries and the price of gas, and the 300 kids a day dying from Fentanyl, and open borders...
What are Republicans gonna do on the price as or groceries or fentanyl?

Not a damn thing

What are they going to do on abortion?

End it...everywhere

I don't want him to act Democrat. Why would you say that?
No. I said sufficiently Democrat. Democrats are the ones waging war against women. Your side seems to assume that the Justice has some dominion over his wife. He has some relatednibligarion to keep her quiet.

But if she won’t comply, then her free speech right somehow requires him to recuse himself from various cases. The “argument” you folks have to support that position is left unexpressed. Gee. I’m not surprised.

THEY DIDN'T dummy, thats the point.

And NO, I would certainly not applaud such shameless lying, I would call it what it is. Unlike most of you rightwingers I still have some intelectual integrity left, so take your projection and shove it.
The court hasn't been stacked, get over your butthurt. Sheesh
The Constitution will remain intact as long as we have this particular Court.

Not a damn thing

End it...everywhere
Every damn private company in Prog violent areas need to shut down if threatened. End this.

No. I said sufficiently Democrat. Democrats are the ones waging war against women. Your side seems to assume that the Justice has some dominion over his wife. He has some relatednibligarion to keep her quiet.

But if she won’t comply, then her free speech right somehow requires him to recuse himself from various cases. The “argument” you folks have to support that position is left unexpressed. Gee. I’m not surprised.

My side?

Most liberals are good people and have been for the 276 years in which liberals and conservatives alike have served. Their liberal leaders no longer represent the good people in their party. Instead of being for the people, their leaders' thoughts are focused on how to get fast-track rich on treasures that fall into their laps trading influence for diamond rings, freebie mall trips, free Air Force military planes converted into luxury transportation, cash under the table for expediting foreign trade money back into their own pockets, and things unknown to most of us that make reasonably wealthy congresscritters unreasonably wealthy. IOW, some leaders think the people that voted them in office to prosper their states are unaware their end goal is to walk away filthy rich from money they access that the people paid for in taxes levied by their insistence for "pet projects". You'll get used to it in a couple of decades, Mr. Billo Really. But I'm just saying, you may not like it when you realize how it burdens families rearing the young who used to earn money the hard way. Many young people have found by doing nothing whatever still puts a feast on the table in an air-conditioned home someone else is paying for. People who pay their taxes to fund blood suckers don't always care to be tapped and tapped and tapped some more by the blood suckers printing trillions of dollars for pet projects their constituents are having to work hard to pay back, and indeed, cannot pay back the trillions the most recent Congress has bestowed upon itself. It requires a narrative that obfuscates from the public what is really transpiring under the stark omerta silence required to keep the public working to fund this endless self-enrichment program for beating up on those who know better.
So let me this straight, you're saying this is all being caused by liberal leaders?

The court hasn't been stacked, get over your butthurt. Sheesh
The Constitution will remain intact as long as we have this particular Court.
Yep, nothing but partisan hacking here.

You can't even admit Republicans lied their ass off and refused their Constitutional duty to give consideration and vote to President's SC judge nominee.

Is it Roberts being criticized or Thomas, Alito, Kavanaugh, and Barret?
If it is Biden's rule it must be documented somewhere. I'll wait...
All 5 are being criticized as "illegitimate" because of the correct Dodd decision on abortion.

LOL! The Biden "Rule" is not a senate "rule" it is a matter of McConnell's interpretation, you can call it the new "McConnell Rule", no hearing for a USSC nominee from the opposition party in an election year. The justices got the message, and will only leave in non-election years going forward. I hoped Thomas would have retired with Trump as president, that would have been the ultimate FU to his detractors.

Not a damn thing
End it...everywhere
1. Republicans will run things the same way as 2016-2020, "The Golden Age" of prosperity.
2. Abortion is a STATE responsibility. Republican states will limit abortion, but democrat states will expand access.
Not a major election issue.
3. Would you snip the babies' head off as it comes out like Gosnell? Since you're so pro-abortion...

1. Republicans will run things the same way as 2016-2020, "The Golden Age" of prosperity.
2. Abortion is a STATE responsibility. Republican states will limit abortion, but democrat states will expand access.
Not a major election issue.
3. Would you snip the babies' head off as it comes out like Gosnell? Since you're so pro-abortion...
So you can not point to ANYTHING Republicans will do on gas and groceries?

Kinda thought so.

It's okay, Billo. do you like music? There is an entire board on music of any kind you like, and if you have a hobby you haven't noticed, the Garage is a good place to discuss anything that isn't listed anywhere else. If it's the arts, we have an entire board dedicated to hobbies, one for military, and so forth. Everyone suffers a little burnout, and that's a good time to discover the other places to go. Hope you enjoy the boards more because these days, it seems that anything goes with politics. sometimes taking a break just for a half hour talking about something you're good at or like is a great way to let off steam and get a pat on the back where you least expect it. Only good wishes to ya.

The Supreme Court is not to be messed with by politicians, yet someone with knowledge and experience gave away the addresses of a couple of Supreme Court Justices who were blamed for destroying abortion, which is not the truth. It merely ruled on a state's right that was misplaced to be governed by the feds, when it was a state determination, not a fed determination. They expected states would jump on it with how their majorities wished, with the usual result of some did and others didn't. That's not the Supreme Court's territory, and what they did was give Congress its task of taking the item back to their own states and letting the states deal with laws on abortion per state. Which should have been done at the time of Roe v. Wade, and a number of people in the judicial branch noted that the Constitution was ignored with the original USSC ruling, as I recollect. Memories aren't perfect though, but making a wrong judgment right wasn't easy to do. The new newest Supreme Court Justices were blamed, threatened, harrassed, and at least one of them had to remove their children from one school and place them elsewhere due to the misinformation that their parent had done something wrong, when actually, they righted an old wrong.
Does that put the discussion back on track? I kind of lost interest in this unfortunate experience the USSC justices recieved undo criticism and harrassment for was just wrong and inflicted by some pretty misinformed people who wanted to express their rage.
States don't have majority votes when they practice racial gerrymandering. How is it a state like Alabama, which has a population that is 27% black, only have one district where they are a majority?

You wanna kick abortion back to the states where conservative minorities still run the show.

One more thing, when speaking to me personally, don't be so condescending.

Yep, nothing but partisan hacking here.

You can't even admit Republicans lied their ass off and refused their Constitutional duty to give consideration and vote to President's SC judge nominee.
Yup, partisan on both sides, and you just own the sour grapes. :rolleyes-41:

Again, if the positions were switched, your camp would have done the exact same thing.

Yup, partisan on both sides and you just own the sour grapes. :rolleyes-41:

Again, if the positions were switched, your camp would have done the exact same thing.
I'm not talking about both sides, I'm talking about your never ending hacking and projection you use to justify it.

As you were.

All 5 are being criticized as "illegitimate" because of the correct Dodd decision on abortion.
Let me correct your statement:
All 5 are being criticized as "illegitimate" because of the "correct" Dodd decision on abortion.

LOL! The Biden "Rule" is not a senate "rule" it is a matter of McConnell's interpretation, you can call it the new "McConnell Rule", no hearing for a USSC nominee from the opposition party in an election year. The justices got the message, and will only leave in non-election years going forward. I hoped Thomas would have retired with Trump as president, that would have been the ultimate FU to his detractors.
So the downward spiral continues. If the Dems pack the court, you'll just refer to it as Schumer's interpretation?

Forum List

Back