Is the political divide worse now than it was in 1968?

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
3500.jpg

500.jpg

162348-dfbdf.jpg

Look at the size of those truncheons!

The National Guard in Ohio shot dead 4 college students.

A poll showed that over 75% of Americans supported the National Guard.

Do you think it's worse now than it was then?

"The Guardian"?

lol
You can't be this stupid, Otis. Tell me you're not.

From your source:

The anxiety is fed by rancour in Washington, where Biden’s desire for bipartisanship has crashed into radicalized Republican opposition....

Really, that sound unbiased to you? And that is just one of the examples from your source.
Might want to bone up on the rules and guidelines of the CDZ.

Biden desired bipartisanship? On what planet was that one? :auiqs.jpg:
Have you even seen how low Brandon's numbers are? That is not only republicans
but, a lot of your tent isn't happy with him either.

Last edited:
3500.jpg

500.jpg

162348-dfbdf.jpg

Look at the size of those truncheons!

The National Guard in Ohio shot dead 4 college students.

A poll showed that over 75% of Americans supported the National Guard.

Do you think it's worse now than it was then?
I wasnt Around then so I cant opine but to me social media throws fuel on the fire.

Not even close. Back in 1968, people were losing real freedom via the draft.

Not the imaginary freedoms you people think you're losing these days.
Thank you for YOUR opinion, you have the draft, and I'll throw in the Chicago 7 for you.
Politics has never been this divided....never. Your tent wants to get rid of the Constitution and our Democratic Republic
and go with mob rules.

It's different. This is about a country trying to exist not under two different ideologies, but two different realities.

No one seems to know what to do about that. And some appear to be just fine with it.
Clear, concise and spot on comment. It's unfortunate that trump supporters can't face reality and attack the messenger. Not only does it piss off the author/messenger, it puts the entire message board to be disrespected by other members and guests.

I'd be willing to donate to the board, but not as long as the poster in #2 above and other too large a number of others who are vile, vulgar and off topic.

I'd be willing to donate to the board, but not as long as the poster in #2 above and other too large a number of others who are vile, vulgar and off topic.

You're never going to donate to the board.

You're just saying that.

Having lived through both, I'd say that the divides in each case are very different in nature.

In 1968, the Vietnam war was raging, and people's reaction to it was entirely organic, having arisen from the populace.

The divide today is entirely manufactured, being urged on quite intentionally through the machinations of the media. As to the specifics of the media, it is utterly obvious that the mainstream media has been trying to divide us for quite some time, especially along racial lines, but what we have one thing today that we didn't have in 1968 is our social media, and this is controlled by extremely powerful technocrats with globalist instead of American ambitions.

In a nutshell, 1968 was about America with too many American boys coming home in boxes over a war with an ill-defined justification while today the war is ON America by the globalists working to divide us so as to undermine the very notion of American sovereignty.

Last edited:
I think it's worse now. Their reasons were more valid then, the media was much more credible then and the music was light years better. Government has done much to piss off and alienate the American people since 68 but this new Marxist push by Democrats has really drawn a line.

I wasn't around back in 1968. The internet was here yet either. That right there alone in my opinion is the reason why now may be worse compared to then.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back