Is the knowledge of good and evil, good or evil?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

For you, me, and Adam to answer this question; we need the knowledge of good and evil.

Adam may have needed what he was denied by Yahweh to know if the tree of the knowledge of all things, is good or evil to eat from. As scriptures say, he was mentally and morally blind without it.

You and I cannot see any better than Adam could when our mental eyes are blind on issues and without knowledge of them.

It seems that Yahweh put Adam in a catch 22. Damned to being mentally blind and as bright as a brick and unable to reproduce or condemned to death if he educated himself.

Regards
DL

For you, me, and Adam to answer this question; we need the knowledge of good and evil.

Adam may have needed what he was denied by Yahweh to know if the tree of the knowledge of all things, is good or evil to eat from. As scriptures say, he was mentally and morally blind without it.

You and I cannot see any better than Adam could when our mental eyes are blind on issues and without knowledge of them.

It seems that Yahweh put Adam in a catch 22. Damned to being mentally blind and as bright as a brick and unable to reproduce or condemned to death if he educated himself.

Regards
DL
Yes, it IS. I'll leave it at that.

Regards
DL
Yes, it IS. I'll leave it at that.

Please don't, as I do not know what your answer is referring to.

I did not as a yes or no question.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
The animal is innocent any knowledge of good and evil. For it, there is no good or evil, it kills to eat, to survive, nothing more.

The Tree of Knowledge referred to carnal knowledge of pleasure. This was written into the Bible as a way to shame Christians that the sex act should only occur between married couples for the sake of begatting children.

I'll say this: If everyone practiced this, we wouldn't have the population problem we have today.

But knowledge of good and evil in and of itself cannot be evil, because for God to be God, he must have knowledge of good and evil and he is Good Personified. God is the antithesis of evil.

Regards
DL
What tree of the knowledge of all things are you referring to?

Regards
DL
The animal is innocent any knowledge of good and evil. For it, there is no good or evil, it kills to eat, to survive, nothing more.

The Tree of Knowledge referred to carnal knowledge of pleasure. This was written into the Bible as a way to shame Christians that the sex act should only occur between married couples for the sake of begatting children.

I'll say this: If everyone practiced this, we wouldn't have the population problem we have today.

But knowledge of good and evil in and of itself cannot be evil, because for God to be God, he must have knowledge of good and evil and he is Good Personified. God is the antithesis of evil.
There ain’t a Bible verse to support your claim
The Bible sez the forbidden fruit from a tree
Not a sex act

Regards
DL

Not a sex act
Doesn't have to be a Bible verse, you simply need to interpret the meaning. The forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge was what? Knowledge of sexuality. That is how they became aware of their nakedness and became ashamed.

Regards
DL

Not a sex act
Doesn't have to be a Bible verse, you simply need to interpret the meaning. The forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge was what? Knowledge of sexuality. That is how they became aware of their nakedness and became ashamed.
Really? Before man ate the fruit, he would be fruitful and multiply, and yet he had no knowledge of sexuality?

Good and evil is a construct of man. It is an artifact of intelligence. The account of the Two Trees is basically saying that. It was ancient man's way of saying that man is different.

Regards
DL

I take it then that you see Yahweh trying to deny us knowledge as evil. Right?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Seriously?

What is the tree of knowledge of good and evil, if not the tree of all knowledge?

Good and evil applies to all knowledge. Right?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Not a sex act

From knowing what was good and evil.

You pick sex, while the scriptures say good and evil, which indicates a moral sense and not a sexual sense.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Not a sex act
Really? Before man ate the fruit, he would be fruitful and multiply, and yet he had no knowledge of sexuality?

He would not, could not, and did not reproduce till after being evicted from Eden.

Regards
DL

Good and evil is a construct of man. It is an artifact of intelligence. The account of the Two Trees is basically saying that. It was ancient man's way of saying that man is different.

Babies know good from evil. You must see them as quite intelligent.

We are born with a tree of knowledge in our minds.

Regards
DL

Babies know good from evil. You must see them as quite intelligent.

We are born with a tree of knowledge in our minds.

Regards
DL
Yes, they are intelligent. They are the pinnacle of creation.

Regards
DL

Not a sex act

He would not, could not, and did not reproduce till after being evicted from Eden.

Regards
DL
Um, no.

Man was to be fruitful and multiply, per Genesis Chapter 1. And then he fell from grace, per Genesis Chapter 3.

Regards
DL

Seriously?

What is the tree of knowledge of good and evil, if not the tree of all knowledge?

Good and evil applies to all knowledge. Right?

Regards
DL
Not exactly. Unless you're omniscient, too. Are you like God?

The Bible does not mention a tree of the knowledge of all things.

Regards
DL

Not really. Eve knew eating of that tree was bad - but the original serpent Satan (Revelation 12:9) deceived her into thinking it was good not bad (Genesis 3:1-7). Thus Adam and Eve already knew God set the standard for what was good or bad but by eating of the tree they demonstrated they were going to choose their own standard of what was good and bad.

Regards
DL

Not a sex act

Regards
DL
Um, no.

Man was to be fruitful and multiply, per Genesis Chapter 1. And then he fell from grace, per Genesis Chapter 3.

Interesting - good point. God had already given them this direction:'
'
Genesis 1:28
Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth+ and subdue it,+ and have in subjection+ the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.”

Adam and Eve did not obey this directive before they sinned the unforgivable sin. Jehovah (see the Hebrew in Genesis 2:4) did not state a penalty for failing to follow Gen.1:28 - this showed both God's love and his patience with them. But by their not obeying this direction they showed how much they loved God (Matthew 22:37-40) - which wasn't very much!

Would you take the word of someone that a person you truly loved was a liar - as Satan clearly indicated God was a liar? Wouldn't you go to that loved one first before acting on the accusation?

Forum List

Back