Is the knowledge of good and evil, good or evil?

Last edited:

For you, me, and Adam to answer this question; we need the knowledge of good and evil.

Adam may have needed what he was denied by Yahweh to know if the tree of the knowledge of all things, is good or evil to eat from. As scriptures say, he was mentally and morally blind without it.

You and I cannot see any better than Adam could when our mental eyes are blind on issues and without knowledge of them.

It seems that Yahweh put Adam in a catch 22. Damned to being mentally blind and as bright as a brick and unable to reproduce or condemned to death if he educated himself.

Regards
DL

Not really. Eve knew eating of that tree was bad - but the original serpent Satan (Revelation 12:9) deceived her into thinking it was good not bad (Genesis 3:1-7).

Thus Adam and Eve already knew God set the standard for what was good or bad but by eating of the tree

As far as I know Eve was not able to know this. She was not existing when god informed Adam not to do this.

they demonstrated they were going to choose their own standard of what was good and bad.

Or they like the idea to try something new - what god made not impossible, wahtz he easyisl was able to do -. and he was also easily able to undo what was done.

I know that many Christians believe very extreme in the concept "original sin" - but I personally have serios doubts that this concept is really a Christian concept any longer after many protestants in the USA centered their life more to avoid a kind of anti-god with the name Satan than to believe in god. That's more a shoroastric concept than a Christian concept. But whatever the truth might be in this case - no one should forget the alternating concept to "original sin", which is "original innocence".

Last edited:

For you, me, and Adam to answer this question; we need the knowledge of good and evil.

Adam may have needed what he was denied by Yahweh to know if the tree of the knowledge of all things, is good or evil to eat from. As scriptures say, he was mentally and morally blind without it.

You and I cannot see any better than Adam could when our mental eyes are blind on issues and without knowledge of them.

It seems that Yahweh put Adam in a catch 22. Damned to being mentally blind and as bright as a brick and unable to reproduce or condemned to death if he educated himself.

Regards
DL
The animal is innocent any knowledge of good and evil. For it, there is no good or evil, it kills to eat, to survive, nothing more.

The Tree of Knowledge referred to carnal knowledge of pleasure. This was written into the Bible as a way to shame Christians that the sex act should only occur between married couples for the sake of begatting children.

I'll say this: If everyone practiced this, we wouldn't have the population problem we have today.

But knowledge of good and evil in and of itself cannot be evil, because for God to be God, he must have knowledge of good and evil and he is Good Personified. God is the antithesis of evil.
There ain’t a Bible verse to support your claim
The Bible sez the forbidden fruit from a tree
Not a sex act
Doesn't have to be a Bible verse, you simply need to interpret the meaning. The forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge was what? Knowledge of sexuality. That is how they became aware of their nakedness and became ashamed.
Really? Before man ate the fruit, he would be fruitful and multiply, and yet he had no knowledge of sexuality?

He would not, could not, and did not reproduce till after being evicted from Eden.

Regards
DL
Um, no.

Man was to be fruitful and multiply, per Genesis Chapter 1. And then he fell from grace, per Genesis Chapter 3.

Correct. As I stated.

A long time for Adam to masturbate and not pester the rib woman.

Oh wait. He was even too stupid to know about masturbation or what a dick was for.

Strange that Christians call the second sin the Original when it was not.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
What tree of the knowledge of all things are you referring to?

Seriously?

What is the tree of knowledge of good and evil, if not the tree of all knowledge?

Good and evil applies to all knowledge. Right?

Regards
DL
Not exactly. Unless you're omniscient, too. Are you like God?

The Bible does not mention a tree of the knowledge of all things.

All things, concepts and knowledge are subject to being good or evil.

Try thinking past the words, or of what they are really telling you.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Not really. Eve knew eating of that tree was bad - but the original serpent Satan (Revelation 12:9) deceived her into thinking it was good not bad (Genesis 3:1-7). Thus Adam and Eve already knew God set the standard for what was good or bad but by eating of the tree they demonstrated they were going to choose their own standard of what was good and bad.

Quite a good thing. Right?

Or do you want your children to never think for themselves?

You are quite wrong when saying Eve knew that eating from the tree was bad/evil.

How could she know what was good or evil, even Yahweh and Satan, when she had yet to eat or know of anything good or evil?

You are putting the cart before the horse, as they say. You can do better.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Not really. Eve knew eating of that tree was bad - but the original serpent Satan (Revelation 12:9) deceived her into thinking it was good not bad (Genesis 3:1-7).

Thus Adam and Eve already knew God set the standard for what was good or bad but by eating of the tree

As far as I know Eve was not able to know this. She was not existing when god informed Adam not to do this.

they demonstrated they were going to choose their own standard of what was good and bad.

Or they like the idea to try something new - what god made not impossible, wahtz he easyisl was able to do -. and he was also easily able to undo what was done.

I know that many Christians believe very extreme in the concept "original sin" - but I personally have serios doubts that this concept is really a Christian concept any longer after many protestants in the USA centered their life more to avoid a kind of anti-god with the name Satan than to believe in god. That's more a shoroastric concept than a Christian concept. But whatever the truth might be in this case - no one should forget the alternating concept to "original sin", which is "original innocence".

The Jews call it Original Virtue. Why Christians reverse this does not point to moral reasons. Slavery over freedom.

‘Instead of the Fall of man (in the sense of humanity as a whole), Judaism preaches the Rise of man: and instead of Original Sin, it stresses Original Virtue, the beneficent hereditary influence of righteous ancestors upon their descendants’.

There are many discrepencies.

Regards
DL

Good and evil is a construct of man. It is an artifact of intelligence. ...

Good and evil is a construct of life.
Evil is not extant. Everything God made is good.

Does the sheep see the wolf as evil for eating her lamb?

Yes.

Only religious fools would think otherwise.

Regards
DL

I am a fundamental Christian and you are an extremist anti-Christian in my eyes.

That should not surprise either of us given your use of inquisitions in the past, and your lowrwe level inquisitions today against the equality of women and gays.

In the past as now, your ilk could not out argue us so had to resort to murder, or in the case today, hiding their Christian moral cowardliness behind a supernatural shield that lets you adore a genocidal prick of a god.

Don't get me started.

Regards
DL

Yes.

Regards
DL

I am a fundamental Christian and you are an extremist anti-Christian in my eyes.

I AM AGAINST ALL FASCIST REGIMES.

Regards
DL

Yes.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Then do suicide.

Yes.

Regards
DL

That should not surprise either of us given your use of inquisitions in the past, ...

Idiot. Learn to see history with the eyes of the people, who lived in this times, then you would know that the inquisitions were in most cases always very modern forms of justice systems. It existed even such strange things like an "advocatus diaboli" (defence lawyer) for example in the inquisitions, because even the devil had the right to be defended. A luxury compared with other "I am strong and you are dead"-justices, which sometimes still exist today. A process in front of the inquisitions was able to last years (while no one was in prison) and to end with the words: "Now go and be not a sinner any longer". The inquisitions were in general very popular, because of their soft judgements.

Last edited:
... All things, concepts and knowledge are subject to being good or evil.

Nonsense - music is always good, to sing is always good - but not every music and not every song is always good.

The problem with the knowledge of good and evil: Everyone needs justice - but nowhere seems to be justice. Or do you call it justice to be "terminated" during pregnancy - which is the most save place in the whole universe for the chance to live? Who has the right to betray someone absolutely and to steal a complete life? Everyone because a human court of justice says so?

-----
I perceived that whatever God does endures forever; nothing can be added to it, nor anything taken from it. God has done it, so that people fear before him. That which is, already has been; that which is to be, already has been; and God seeks what has been driven away.

Moreover, I saw under the sun that in the place of justice, even there was wickedness, and in the place of righteousness, even there was wickedness. I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the wicked, for there is a time for every matter and for every work. I said in my heart with regard to the children of man that God is testing them that they may see that they themselves are but beasts. For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity. All go to one place. All are from the dust, and to dust all return.

-----

-----

Good and evil is a construct of man. It is an artifact of intelligence.

Evil is not extant.

If you are life per se then death per se is evil. Only for dead things nothing is evil.
God made life and death.

Evil is like cold or darkness in that they exist as the absence of something else. Cold is the absence of heat. Darkness is the absence of light and evil is the absence of good. Ergo evil is not extant.

Everything God made is good.

... but is the devil good? Are we good?
Yes, we are good but sometimes we choose to not do good. Sometimes we do things that are absent of good. But the difference between us and the devil is that God has withdrawn his spirit from the devil so the devil is always absent of good. We on the other hand have God's spirit within us and will have his spirit until he removes it from us, usually at our request. God does not destroy what he creates because what he created is good.

I believe you know better than that. You just don't want to admit defeat because you are prideful.

Regards
DL

The original meaning of the fall of man has been lost through time. Man was not punished because he disobeyed God, man punishes himself because he fails to be accountable for when he doesn't do good. If everyone everywhere was honest when they didn't do good and took accountability when they didn't do good, mankind's problems would be solved overnight.

Ancient man understood this.

Yes.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Then do suicide.
Which was a common practice of Gnostic Christians by the way.

Yes.

Regards
DL

Protestant?

Good and evil is a construct of man. It is an artifact of intelligence.

Evil is not extant.

If you are life per se then death per se is evil. Only for dead things nothing is evil.
God made life and death.

God made life - more than this: god is life - whether he made death or not I'm not sure.

Evil is like cold or darkness in that they exist as the absence of something else. Cold is the absence of heat. Darkness is the absence of light and evil is the absence of good. Ergo evil is not extant.

That's nonsense, because the bullet, which kills your mother, is a product in a very complex situation of a very complex human made world. It's not absence - it's wrongness.

Everything God made is good.

... but is the devil good? Are we good?
Yes, we are good but sometimes we choose to not do good. Sometimes we do things that are absent of good.

You don't know what I do.

But the difference between us and the devil is that God has withdrawn his spirit from the devil

He has what? God loves him - and as far as I can see the devil loves god.

so the devil is always absent of good.

I'm not sure whether this is true.

We on the other hand have God's spirit within us and will have his spirit until he removes it from us, usually at our request. God does not destroy what he creates because what he created is good.

Just a moment ago you said we do not good - now we are good. So "we" - whoever your "we" is now - are good evildoers.

I believe you know better than that. You just don't want to admit defeat because you are prideful.

Crazy irreal answer on the very little word "yes" in this context.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back