Is the Earth really only 9,000 years old?

The Earth became habitable for mankind about 1 billion years ago.

The Earth didn't become habitable for mankind. Mankind evolved to inhabit The Earth.

No. Earth generated a free oxygen atmosphere about 1.7 billion years ago. The atmosphere took another 700 million years to get to the point where mankind could live on the planet. There have been MILLIONS of critters evolve, and die out,long before we came along.

We are merely the latest in a long line of critters to pass through.

And, the planet is still evolving too.

If The Earth had evolved to be Methane rich and O2 poor, we all might be methanotrophs addicted to shopping and social media.
Yes, but would we fart oxygen?

This species evolved into the Jesuits.
1585070226363.png

Where are our Young Earth Creationists?

People who believe that bullshit are hilarious.

Creationism of any form is bullshit!
not as crazy as thinking its billions of yrs old based on a test designed for that outcome,,,

fact is no one will ever know for sure,,,

but one thing about creationist is they say its based on blind faith where the evos claim its based on facts not proven or provable,,,

not as crazy as thinking its billions of yrs old based on a test designed for that outcome,,,

but one thing about creationist is they say its based on blind faith where the evos claim its based on facts not proven or provable,,,
So by your insight science and mythology are equally credible
fields of study ?

So by your insight science and mythology are equally credible
fields of study ?
I never said anything about that,,,

but since you asked,,the myth that all human life on this planet came from what amounts to rock soup is well worth the study if thats what floats your boat

Is this what scientologists do in their spare time ?
Anonymously go online cluttering the web with bullshit information to confuse people ?
Jehovahs, Holy Rollers and all these other nutjobs ?
you left out evo's,,
I live in the Bible Belt- Pentacostals, Holiness, Church of Christ and all the rest.
Baptists seem to be generally the most sane of them from my experience, but then I'm not an atheist either, so I can just chill on my tree limb , sitting back in observation mode watching and listening. You can learn something from every single person if you try.

Is this what scientologists do in their spare time ?
Anonymously go online cluttering the web with bullshit information to confuse people ?
Jehovahs, Holy Rollers and all these other nutjobs ?
you left out evo's,,
I live in the Bible Belt- Pentacostals, Holiness, Church of Christ and all the rest.
Baptists seem to be generally the most sane of them from my experience, but then I'm not an atheist either, so I can just chill on my tree limb , sitting back in observation mode. You can learn something from every single person if you try.
sometimes all you learn is the person bat shit crazy,,,

It took 4.5 billion years for Earth to become inhabitable, and less than 100 years for us to make it uninhabitable again.
Actually, Angelo, it only took the Earth about 1.75 billion years to become habitable. It was at about that point that Earth stabilized into an oxygen-dominant rather than methane-dominant world. Then it was roughly 750 million years after that the first known life appeared inhabiting our oceans. The rest of the time after that has been evolution.

It took 4.5 billion years for Earth to become inhabitable, and less than 100 years for us to make it uninhabitable again.
Actually, Angelo, it only took the Earth about 1.75 billion years to become habitable. It was at about that point that Earth stabilized into an oxygen-dominant rather than methane-dominant world. Then it was roughly 750 million years after that the first known life appeared inhabiting our oceans. The rest of the time after that has been evolution.
I meant by humans.
Yes oxygen starting forming and one cell creatures emerged 2 billion years ago,
and all that.

Forum List

Back