Is the Earth really only 9,000 years old?

The Earth became habitable for mankind about 1 billion years ago.

The Earth didn't become habitable for mankind. Mankind evolved to inhabit The Earth.

No. Earth generated a free oxygen atmosphere about 1.7 billion years ago. The atmosphere took another 700 million years to get to the point where mankind could live on the planet. There have been MILLIONS of critters evolve, and die out,long before we came along.

We are merely the latest in a long line of critters to pass through.

And, the planet is still evolving too.

If The Earth had evolved to be Methane rich and O2 poor, we all might be methanotrophs addicted to shopping and social media.

The Earth became habitable for mankind about 1 billion years ago.

The Earth didn't become habitable for mankind. Mankind evolved to inhabit The Earth.

No. Earth generated a free oxygen atmosphere about 1.7 billion years ago. The atmosphere took another 700 million years to get to the point where mankind could live on the planet. There have been MILLIONS of critters evolve, and die out,long before we came along.

We are merely the latest in a long line of critters to pass through.

And, the planet is still evolving too.

If The Earth had evolved to be Methane rich and O2 poor, we all might be methanotrophs addicted to shopping and social media.

Then what ever critters evolved would have adapted to what was there. Including us.

That's what I mean when I say that Earth didn't adapt to support us ... but, vice-versa.

The age of the earth is at your own opinion. You can give it thousands, millions and even billions or trillions years of age if you want to. After all, whatever the age you give to our planet will always be mere conjectures anyway.

However, "life on earth" is no more than a few thousands years old.

When you give "millions years of age" to life on earth, then you are not talking science but stupidities.

The age of the earth is at your own opinion. You can give it thousands, millions and even billions or trillions years of age if you want to. After all, whatever the age you give to our planet will always be mere conjectures anyway.

However, "life on earth" is no more than a few thousands years old.

When you give "millions years of age" to life on earth, then you are not talking science but stupidities.
Westwall will explain it all to you.
I'm currently ignoring him because he reminds me of an evil step dad I had.

When you give "millions years of age" to life on earth

I saw this guy just last week ...

giphy.gif

wow....I'm in a total political mood now....it's hard to switch to a Universal mood just like that....and answer the OP's question

but I will say with no doubt.....the Earth is millions of years older than that...

my opinion here....but it's true
Billions of years older.

Where are our Young Earth Creationists?

People who believe that bullshit are hilarious.

Creationism of any form is bullshit!
Some Young Earth Creationists believe the earth is as young as 6,000 years old.

Forum List

Back