Is spanish language a threat to america?

Many complain about it I mean many white americans, but Im sure the reason behind that is not the language itself but the demographic racial composition of the ones who speak it. They actually dont mind german, dutch or polish either because they are white. They perceive spanish as non-white language like chinese or hindi. Thats why they consider it a threat. But spanish is a european language like german or italian. They dont get that, because in NYC a spanish is a puerto rican, and spanish in california are mexicans. Thats the reason they perceive spanish as threat. Actually there are plenty of americans who speak german or swedish. I know a blonde all american college girl who speaks fluent german and she has german ancestry and swedish ancestry, no one perceives her as less american. But if you speak spanish which is a european language as well you are somehow less american.
Most people don't speak other languages in the company of English speakers. English is the language of the United States. When someone is speaking Spanish, it's usually because they don't speak English or they're being rude.
Not having a common language is a threat because it divides us as a people. Learn English or go back to Mexico.
If I moved to another country to live, I'd want to learn their language as soon as I was able.
There is nothing rude about speaking whatever language you want with whom ever you are speaking to.
Not always, but yes, sometimes it is.

Many complain about it I mean many white americans, but Im sure the reason behind that is not the language itself but the demographic racial composition of the ones who speak it. They actually dont mind german, dutch or polish either because they are white. They perceive spanish as non-white language like chinese or hindi. Thats why they consider it a threat. But spanish is a european language like german or italian. They dont get that, because in NYC a spanish is a puerto rican, and spanish in california are mexicans. Thats the reason they perceive spanish as threat. Actually there are plenty of americans who speak german or swedish. I know a blonde all american college girl who speaks fluent german and she has german ancestry and swedish ancestry, no one perceives her as less american. But if you speak spanish which is a european language as well you are somehow less american.
Most people don't speak other languages in the company of English speakers. English is the language of the United States. When someone is speaking Spanish, it's usually because they don't speak English or they're being rude.
Not having a common language is a threat because it divides us as a people. Learn English or go back to Mexico.
If I moved to another country to live, I'd want to learn their language as soon as I was able.
There is nothing rude about speaking whatever language you want with whom ever you are speaking to.
No it’s not. If the two people or more speaking to each other speak a common language and understand each other, it’s nobody else’s fucking business. It’s like saying that having a private conversation is rude to everybody else you are not talking to. That’s bullshit.

No it’s not. If the two people or more speaking to each other speak a common language and understand each other, it’s nobody else’s fucking business. It’s like saying that having a private conversation is rude to everybody else you are not talking to. That’s bullshit.
I suppose you've never been in that situation. One where you know or are pretty sure they are talking about you. It's rude. I'm not going to pitch a hissy fit about it, though.

I suppose you've never been in that situation. One where you know or are pretty sure they are talking about you. ...
I’ve been in that situation countless times. If I think someone is talking about me and I might have anything to add, I just ask.

whether you want to accept it or not------there was a time that
some Spanish speaking groups DEMANDED that all public
places like restaurants and grocery stores have spanish interpreters
AT ALL TIMES. There are lots of spanish interpreters around and
a left-over few Spanish speaking people who evince ANGER when
one is not available, as if it is a RIGHT everywhere. Very few---but
if you run into one, it is an unpleasant experience
BS.

try again BS-----I speak from my experience working
as a health care provider in the USA-----SPANISH INTERPRETERS WERE MANDATORY in hospital clinics
thruout my city. --------live with it CHICO

whether you want to accept it or not------there was a time that
some Spanish speaking groups DEMANDED that all public
places like restaurants and grocery stores have spanish interpreters
AT ALL TIMES. There are lots of spanish interpreters around and
a left-over few Spanish speaking people who evince ANGER when
one is not available, as if it is a RIGHT everywhere. Very few---but
if you run into one, it is an unpleasant experience
I think you're full of shit. Bigoted shit, to be exact.

I've lived in many cities in the U.S., and I've known hundreds if hispanics. I have never run into the kinds of issues you are whining about.

I now live in the southwest, in a city with a large Hispanic population (legal and some illegal). Most are very friendly, try to learn English, and are happy to help others to learn Spanish.

Learning another language is fun, useful, and helpful to landing a job in certain areas. It's ironic to see some people criticizing others who can speak two languages, while they, themselves, choose to remain crippled complainers who can speak only one language.

Long ago, in a southwestern city, I was walking through a nice flea market on a beautiful summer night. On the bandstand, some distance away, a Mexican band was playing.

I passed by an older white woman, a vendor sitting at her table. I said hello and asked how she liked the music. She scowled and replied, hatefully, "You call that music?"

I told her the band was just playing polkas, and they were no different than the polkas played in Germany, Poland, or other countries. But the hateful woman obviously believed some polkas are better than others. Lol.

Ignorance comes in all colors, and in all races.

Last edited:
I think you're full of shit. Racist shit, to be exact.

I've lived in many cities in the U.S., and I've known hundreds if hispanics. I have never run into the kinds of issues you are whining about.

I now live in the southwest, in a city with a large Hispanic population (legal and some illegal). Most are very friendly, try to learn English, and are happy to help others to learn Spanish.

Learning another language is fun, useful, and helpful to landing a job in certain areas. It's ironic to see some people criticizing others who can speak two languages, while they choose to remain crippled complainers who can speak only one language.

Long ago, in a southwestern city, I was walking through a nice flea market on a beautiful summer night. On the bandstand, some distance away, a Mexican band was playing.

I passed by an older white woman, a vendor sitting at her table. I said hello and asked how she liked the music. She scowled and replied, hatefully, "You call that music?"

I told her the band was just playing polkas, and they were no different than the polkas played in Germany, Poland, or other countries. But the hateful woman obviously believed some polkas are better than others. Lol.

In the southwest spanish is a huge problem....

Look at the history of the world. Borders are where wars start. You don't want any confusion about who controls the land.

Do you know what "la raza" is? It's the largest mexican political organization in america. It means "the race"

Fuck those wet backs yes they're a threat we will no doubt one day be forced to deal with. It's the nature of borders. We've already fought one war with the Mexicans little reason to think another won't come.

I think you're full of shit. Racist shit, to be exact.

Learning another language is fun, useful, and helpful to landing a job in certain areas. It's ironic to see some people criticizing others who can speak two languages, while they choose to remain crippled complainers who can speak only one language.

you are very confused -----WHAT ISSUES do you in
your PERVERSITY imagine I am "WHINING ABOUT"?
BTW----my Spanish is good enough to lead some
hispanics to imagine I know the language ""well""

Look at the history of the world. Borders are where wars start. You don't want any confusion about who controls the land.

Do you know what "la raza" is? It's the largest mexican political organization in america. It means "the race"

Fuck those wet backs yes they're a threat we will no doubt one day be forced to deal with. It's the nature of borders. We've already fought one war with the Mexicans little reason to think another won't come.
The greatest threat to our country will come from people with small minds, such as yourself.

try again BS-----I speak from my experience working
as a health care provider in the USA-----SPANISH INTERPRETERS WERE MANDATORY in hospital clinics
thruout [sic] my city. --------
That's not Spanish speakers "demanding" anything, it's hospital clinics making sure they can be as clear and specific as possible in providing healthcare to patients, you idiot.

Border control and language are not the same thing, douche. There are many millions of AMERICAN CITIZENS who are of Latino heritage, and many millions of AMERICAN CITIZENS are English language learners, you ignorant racist fuck.

you are very confused -----WHAT ISSUES do you in
your PERVERSITY imagine I am "WHINING ABOUT"?
BTW----my Spanish is good enough to lead some
hispanics to imagine I know the language ""well""
Read, and reread, post #32 (and your other posts). Try to keep an open mind, if that is possible for you - and your bigoted whining will jump out at you.

If you can't see it, a reading comprehension course might help.

Have a nice day.

The greatest threat to our country will come from people with small minds, such as yourself.

I'm mixed race. I very much understand how to make this work better than you. And dumping illegal, stupid, and non english speaking mexicans into the SW is a recipe for disaster.

We want mexican engineers and doctors not drywallers and field hands.

You don't even understand the multi culti hell you want to bring on us all. Force them to assimilate through social pressure or they won't....

I'm mixed race. I very much understand how to make this work better than you. And dumping illegal, stupid, and non english speaking mexicans into the SW is a recipe for disaster.

We want mexican engineers and doctors not drywallers and field hands.

You don't even understand the multi culti hell you want to bring on us all. Force them to assimilate through social pressure or they won't....
You are full of shit. Immigrants assimilate all the time just as they always have.

That's not Spanish speakers "demanding" anything, it's hospital clinics making sure they can be as clear and specific as possible in providing healthcare to patients, you idiot.
wrong again----you idiot, there were actually
hispanic groups demanding interpreters in ALL
GOVERNMENT and PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS---like
banks, libraries ---etc etc. It was an actual
DEMAND that when not met --SOME people
evinced gross INDIGNATION------btw---I could care less---
I manage in spanish----sorta----but sometimes
in hospitals----there is just NO INTERPRETER
available

Spanish was in the Americas before English. So push off you steenkin English poofs. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

Forum List

Back