Is spanish language a threat to america?

This is going to sound crazy but.................you all are aware that Spanish speaking people have always been here, right? It's part of our history.
i have been around them for well over 50 years.....and a hell of a lot of them know enough English to get by.....
Ok. We have all been around "them" because they aren't a strange and unknowable people. They have always been a part of our country. Lived here before the inception of this country. In fact, that culture is our culture and is seen in art, literature, food, living spaces, language etc. This is especially true in the southwest region or in Florida.. This whole BAM! The US was lily white is nonsense.

Now, if you all are heading towards illegal/legal immigrants than that is a bit different. It's generational. No, people who are speaking Spanish are probably not talking about you. Those damn Italians absolutely are though.

This is going to sound crazy but.................you all are aware that Spanish speaking people have always been here, right? It's part of our history.
i have been around them for well over 50 years.....and a hell of a lot of them know enough English to get by.....
Ok. We have all been around "them" because they aren't a strange and unknowable people. They have always been a part of our country. Lived here before the inception of this country. In fact, that culture is our culture and is seen in art, literature, food, living spaces, language etc. This is especially true in the southwest region or in Florida.. This whole BAM! The US was lily white is nonsense.

Now, if you all are heading towards illegal/legal immigrants than that is a bit different. It's generational. No, people who are speaking Spanish are probably not talking about you. Those damn Italians absolutely are though.
in many instances yes they are talking about you especially if they feel you think you are better than them......

in many instances yes they are talking about you especially if they feel you think you are better than them......

And how much different is that from some one that is Spanish speaking thinking they are better than them?

Many countries are happily bilingual. Some are trilingual. I know many people that speak more than one language. None use language as a weapon the way Hispanics in America do. Not one German French Swedish or other language speaker demands that everyone else speak their language.

Many complain about it I mean many white americans, but Im sure the reason behind that is not the language itself but the demographic racial composition of the ones who speak it. They actually dont mind german, dutch or polish either because they are white. They perceive spanish as non-white language like chinese or hindi. Thats why they consider it a threat. But spanish is a european language like german or italian. They dont get that, because in NYC a spanish is a puerto rican, and spanish in california are mexicans. Thats the reason they perceive spanish as threat. Actually there are plenty of americans who speak german or swedish. I know a blonde all american college girl who speaks fluent german and she has german ancestry and swedish ancestry, no one perceives her as less american. But if you speak spanish which is a european language as well you are somehow less american.
Most people don't speak other languages in the company of English speakers. English is the language of the United States. When someone is speaking Spanish, it's usually because they don't speak English or they're being rude.
Not having a common language is a threat because it divides us as a people. Learn English or go back to Mexico.
If I moved to another country to live, I'd want to learn their language as soon as I was able.
There is nothing rude about speaking whatever language you want with whom ever you are speaking to.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Many complain about it I mean many white americans, but Im sure the reason behind that is not the language itself but the demographic racial composition of the ones who speak it. They actually dont mind german, dutch or polish either because they are white. They perceive spanish as non-white language like chinese or hindi. Thats why they consider it a threat. But spanish is a european language like german or italian. They dont get that, because in NYC a spanish is a puerto rican, and spanish in california are mexicans. Thats the reason they perceive spanish as threat. Actually there are plenty of americans who speak german or swedish. I know a blonde all american college girl who speaks fluent german and she has german ancestry and swedish ancestry, no one perceives her as less american. But if you speak spanish which is a european language as well you are somehow less american.

bullshit mortimer, dear. The issue with Spanish was-----MANY YEARS AGO---
the fact that non-use of english was GENERATIONAL in spanish speaking families
in the USA. -------and actually still is far too much. The next problem was the
MANDATE that either everyone learn spanish or that there be spanish interpreters
in all public places. There were demands that spanish should be an official
second language in the USA. Was and still is a perception that people who live
in the USA should learn english. As a kid, I "took spanish" as a second language
because it is useful in the USA to do so. I know lots of people who are fluent
in german, polish, french, etc etc who live in the USA----they are all ALSO
fluent in english. btw---my pathetic romper-room Spanish has been helpful
in my adult work, but I am sorry for little kids born in the USA who have to learn english as if it were a foreign language to them. People from south-east asia---
WANT THEIR KIDS TO KNOW ENGLISH. PS----I have remote relatives that speak spanish at home but they know the languages of their OTHER COUNTRIES as well.
That "not european" stuff is BS "I want to be a victim" BS

I've never seem the Spanish language used as a weapon. What does that look like?

some people get nervous when a language that they do not understand
is spoken around them. IN FACT, doing so is considered RUDE (and it
actually is under some circumstances)

And how much different is that from some one that is Spanish speaking thinking they are better than them?
who a white person or another Latino?....because Latinos born here were harder on the illegals than any white person i knew of......

Many countries are happily bilingual. Some are trilingual. I know many people that speak more than one language. None use language as a weapon the way Hispanics in America do. Not one German French Swedish or other language speaker demands that everyone else speak their language.
When has anyone demanded that of you?

When has anyone demanded that of you?

whether you want to accept it or not------there was a time that
some Spanish speaking groups DEMANDED that all public
places like restaurants and grocery stores have spanish interpreters
AT ALL TIMES. There are lots of spanish interpreters around and
a left-over few Spanish speaking people who evince ANGER when
one is not available, as if it is a RIGHT everywhere. Very few---but
if you run into one, it is an unpleasant experience

who a white person or another Latino?....because Latinos born here were harder on the illegals than any white person i knew of......

Ok. Hispanic is an ethnicity. You can be white and Hispanic or black and Hispanic.

I don't know anyone that is Spanish speaking that is singling out someone that is a white jack ass more than anyone that is a Hispanic jack ass.

Ok. Hispanic is an ethnicity. You can be white and Hispanic or black and Hispanic.

I don't know anyone that is Spanish speaking that is singling out someone that is a white jack ass more than anyone that is a Hispanic jack ass.
i knew and worked with many over the years......

"HISPANIC" as a "RACE" is yet another FAUX-RACE ---like "people of
color" For the record -----all spanish speaking people are now called
"people of color" just like all muslims are "people of color" By marriage
I have remote relatives who do speak spanish as their "at-home" language.
But since they are jews they are NOW----both white and middle to upper middleclass
and racist regardless of their actual skin hue, economics, or personal beliefs.
THE whole universe has been divided into "PERSON OF COLOR" ---and
"colorless" like me. When discussing racism-----the issue is PERSONS OF
COLOR ----as victims thereof. hispanics, african black family legacy, east
asian, muslims all -----but not limited to...

i knew and worked with many over the years......

As have I.......................

Actually there are plenty of americans who speak german or swedish. I know a blonde all american college girl who speaks fluent german and she has german ancestry and swedish ancestry, no one perceives her as less american. But if you speak spanish which is a european language as well you are somehow less american.
There are supposed to be lots of people of Swedish heritage in Minnesota. Not sure sure that many people speak it. Some probably do, and there are quite a lot of people of German heritage all around the US and some do speak it, but like most languages in the US, usually just the older generation speaks it and the youngsters less and less.

Spanish can survive because there are bigger communities.

"HISPANIC" as a "RACE" is yet another FAUX-RACE ---like "people of
color" For the record -----all spanish speaking people are now called
"people of color" just like all muslims are "people of color" By marriage
I have remote relatives who do speak spanish as their "at-home" language.
But since they are jews they are NOW----both white and middle to upper middleclass
and racist regardless of their actual skin hue, economics, or personal beliefs.
THE whole universe has been divided into "PERSON OF COLOR" ---and
"colorless" like me. When discussing racism-----the issue is PERSONS OF
COLOR ----as victims thereof. hispanics, african black family legacy, east
asian, muslims all -----but not limited to...

Hispanic is ethnicity...................period.

There is nothing wrong with Spanish. English though is the official language. No second language. But the globalists already decided that for us. If eventually the United States had 10 reasons to fight each other someday, now it seems we have 100 ways.

Forum List

Back