Is Siri Racist?

Yes, I would, actually. I just played some video of Ben Carson and he sounded like a black man. A well educated black man, but a black man. They are not mutually exclusive. I doubt seriously that he is trying to sound different. He grew up a black child and learned to talk like his black parents.

bull shit.

There is a pay webite for Pimsluer now with more pictures and video, but I can't vouch for it.

I am using an app on my phone called Duolingo. I will do this for a few years and then as we get closer to leaving will hire a tutor to work with my wife and I.

I'll never be as good at being woke and pretending not to be as you are . . .

Well, I guess if being woke means I am not a racist piece of shit like you, I can live with that term.

I just got my first iPhone. I never bothered with Alexa, if that's the smartphone version, but I liked a lot of the other features, so I thought I'd try Siri. Some observation:

The Irish, australian and English voices are much more American than I'd like. But I think that reflects reality. When I was a kid in the last century, accents were much more pronounced. Now it seems we have imported our accent, if not our love for personal and economic freedom.

There is a "South African" voice. It sounds very similar to the English voice to me, and I could not identify it as a Black South African. There are five American voices, but none of them have much of an accent. 1-4 seem to be youthful and mature American male and female. None of them sound like American blacks. Is the South African supposed to be that?

But number 5 . . . I suppose it is supposed to be a transgender person? It sounds like a male deliberatly changing his voice, which is the epitome of transgender.

So, why not have an African-American voice, which are a far larger percent of our population than trans folk?
She is not. Why do you ax?

Forum List

Back