Is Obama's "starting to make sense?

JoeB

Rookie
Aug 16, 2011
Someone help me understand.

I've always been relatively conservative in most my views. In particular the financial conservatives always made more sense to me, but then I heard a conservative talk show host try to make a case against raising the tax for the rich by saying that 5% of the population is currently paying 95% of income tax.... fail.

If that is the case then raising the tax on that upper 5% by 5% will generate as much income as doubling the tax on the rest of us.

Now I live in a nice neighborhood and I've seen that there is a big difference between how a millionaire and a trash collector live in this country. A big enough difference that I don't think that inching up the doctor's taxes by 5% is going to create nearly the work disincentive as doubling the tax on the trash collector.

Could Obama be right about the "rich" tax? Someone set me straight - if you can.

Obvious troll is obvious.

If you've been slowly going insane then yes, Obama's strating to make sense to you.

Seek help from an experienced mental health professional - immediately.

Don't fall for snakeoil salesmen - from either party - and certainly don't fall for the demonizing of any American or group of Americans. All they are is cannon fodder for Obama's machine.

I've always been relatively conservative in most my views. In particular the financial conservatives always made more sense to me, but then I heard a conservative talk show host try to make a case against raising the tax for the rich by saying that 5% of the population is currently paying 95% of income tax.... fail.

If that is the case then raising the tax on that upper 5% by 5% will generate as much income as doubling the tax on the rest of us.

Now I live in a nice neighborhood and I've seen that there is a big difference between how a millionaire and a trash collector live in this country. A big enough difference that I don't think that inching up the doctor's taxes by 5% is going to create nearly the work disincentive as doubling the tax on the trash collector.

Could Obama be right about the "rich" tax? Someone set me straight - if you can.

See if this helps.

Fuck off, poseur.

How many threads are you going to start on this topic?

Give the right wingers a break. Calling names is the best they can do. It's all they know. Probably learned it at home.

Give the right wingers a break. Calling names is the best they can do. It's all they know. Probably learned it at home.

I thought you were left of center.

....Could Obama be right about the "rich" tax? Someone set me straight - if you can.

Nope, Obama is wrong.

Regardless of who gets taxed in our country, the cost is always passed along to the middle class. And the middle class is already strapped as it is.

Also, there is no promise to do anything with new taxes except increase spending. And, of course, that will only make our problems worse.

Probably from leftwing mothers, cause rightwing mothers wouldn't allow it.

Forum List

Back