Is NATO a Viable Military Organization?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

It seems to me that this would be a good time for an American President (a real President) to approach our NATO "allies" and tell them that THEY have a problem here, and we are willing to HELP.

Remember that 2%of GDP that they promised to spend on mutual defense? There is no time like the present.

Of course that would require a President with balls.

NATO is the most powerful military force in history.

Russia is nowhere close

NATO is the most powerful military force in history
The US is the most powerful military force. Without it, NATO has little significance.

Even without the US, NATO is formidable

1617292180920.jpeg

Last edited:
The US is the most powerful military force. Without it, NATO has little significance.

For who? Can you name a major NATO campaign without leading role of the US in it?
Look at the chart

Russia can’t compete with France, UK, Germany, Italy

Russia is a paper tiger
Italy? You included even Italy in that list? Well, I think that Russia can compete with these countries. And I wouldn't be sure that Russua would lose. These countries are clearly afraid of Russia.

The EU is rapidly becoming a threat to what we once knew as "freedom". Already more of a threat than is Russia but it'll take another year or so to eclipse China.

That simple reality suggests that any resources or support America gives to NATO will shortly be used to kill Americans.

For who? Can you name a major NATO campaign without leading role of the US in it?
Look at the chart

Russia is a paper tiger
Italy? You included even Italy in that list? Well, I think that Russia can compete with these countries. And I wouldn't be sure that Russua would lose. These countries are clearly afraid of Russia.

Russia is a paper tiger with much of its military remnants of the old USSR. It’s Navy is obsolete and many of its ships are not seaworthy. It’s morale is said to be extremely poor.
But Russia has nukes (So does NATO)

Italy has a modern military force currently 12 in the world

Look at the chart

Russia is a paper tiger

Russia is a paper tiger with much of its military remnants of the old USSR. It’s Navy is obsolete and many of its ships are not seaworthy. It’s morale is said to be extremely poor.

Well, okay, I dont want to argue about that. Personally, I would support any NATO country in its fight against Rusdua. Fuck that authoritarian shithole.

But what I really see is their reluctance in confronting Russia. I think they are really afraid of it.

Italians barely beat the Ethiopians who were equipped with spears and antique rifles a few years prior to the start of WWll.
My father fought in Italy during the war and told me they didn't think much of the Italian soldiers. US army troops joking said they were lovers not fighters ... :cool:

Italians barely beat the Ethiopians who were equipped with spears and antique rifles a few years prior to the start of WWll.
My father fought in Italy during the war and told me they didn't think much of the Italian soldiers. US army troops joking said they were lovers not fighters ... :cool:
That was 80 years ago

It seems to me that this would be a good time for an American President (a real President) to approach our NATO "allies" and tell them that THEY have a problem here, and we are willing to HELP.

Remember that 2%of GDP that they promised to spend on mutual defense? There is no time like the present.

Russia is nowhere close
..on paper only

Look at the chart

Russia is a paper tiger

..I participated in exercises with the Italians and French Foreign Legion on Sardinia 1986
..but I would not bad mouth many countries' military forces--that's what we did in 1941
..Iraq sucked, we know that.....
---1987--not 86

Last edited:

Russia is nowhere close
..on paper only
In reality
During the Cold War we panicked over the threat of the USSR

When they fell in 1990, we found out they were a Paper Tiger. Their equipment was nowhere what we thought it was. It was poorly maintained and the troops were poorly trained, they were alcoholic and had bad morale.

Russia under Putin is even worse

Russia is nowhere close
..on paper only
In reality
During the Cold War we panicked over the threat of the USSR

When they fell in 1990, we found out they were a Paper Tiger. Their equipment was nowhere what we thought it was. It was poorly maintained and the troops were poorly trained, they were alcoholic and had bad morale.

Russia under Putin is even worse
same in WW2--but they were too big to defeat

Forum List

Back