Zone1 Is it time to stop capital punishment ?

Some of the detail in the report is horrific.

Not least the number of innocent people who continue to be found guilty and the large number of people with mentaal health issues.

The system has been proven to be flawed and should now be consigned to history.Is there a moral reason why it is still retained ?
I thought you wackos had already done this, you just release them to go murder again.

The
Kick it up a notch. All appeals are limited to two years from the date of sentencing. Prisoner's choice of method.

Were those executions an inordinate amount of time compared to the deaths of their victims?

Bring back the guillotine, swift, and certain.
They work every time 👍💀😇

None of the executions cited in the article were of innocent people. The executions were messy and probably painful. In which case no one should care. It's not like killers concern themselves with causing pain to their victims. They rather enjoy it.

Some of the detail in the report is horrific.

Not least the number of innocent people who continue to be found guilty and the large number of people with mentaal health issues.

The system has been proven to be flawed and should now be consigned to history.Is there a moral reason why it is still retained ?

No......there are actual monsters in prison who need to be put to death.

Tommy Tainant , John Venables is up for parole in a few weeks, I bet you're rooting for him, I mean, he did push a few AA batteries up Jamie Bulger's arse and smacked his head in with bricks. Sod Jamie's human rights, looks like he didn't have any, but I admire you sticking up for sick killers.

IMO anytime capital punishment is an option there has to be a higher standard than merely "beyond reasonable doubt". There should be no shadow of a doubt as in the Ted Bundy or BTK convictions.
Or any proven child molester, or anyone who trades in images of children engaged in sexual activities, they are as bad or worse than any murderer.

Capital Punishment is Barbaric and does not reflect well on our country

Most of the civilized world has given up on it as has most US states
So someone molests your granddaughter, or grandson, including sodomizing them and you are ok with the light sentences liberal asshat judges give them?

So someone molests your granddaughter, or grandson, including sodomizing them and you are ok with the light sentences liberal asshat judges give them?
I am OK with life sentences

Execution is barbarism unworthy of a free country
Most countries realise this

Tell ya what, pay my share. So let me give you a big fat for instance. Someone kills John, Johns killer gets life, Johns family now pays taxes, so said killer can live for free in prison, and get free cable tv free food, and free lodging?

Maybe if you just hung em high punks would think twice. The argument decades ago focused on reformed behavior, forgiveness, and at the same time reduce violence against those on the front line, police. How did that work out for ya?

Maybe if you just hung em high punks would think twice. The argument decades ago focused on reformed behavior, forgiveness, and at the same time reduce violence against those on the front line, police. How did that work out for ya?
If it was a deterrent then it might have merit. But it isnt.

Forum List

Back