Is It Right That American Citizens Should Have To Stand Over 5 or 6 Hours In Line Just To Vote?

He didn't ask Ukraine to open up a bogus investigation against his political rival? You're brainwashed.

No, he didn't ask for an investigation, he asked Zelensky to look into it as a favor. Secondly, Biden was a candidate for the Democrat nomination, not a political rival. He did not become a political rival until Biden won the nomination several months later.
Someday – be it in January 2021 or in January 2025 – Donald Trump will no longer be president. And journalists will want the American public to take them seriously. Those days are gone, and journalism by way of the mainstream media is dead. It was a lengthy suicide by their own hand, accelerated as they first kissed Barack Obama’s ass to cover for his scandals, then flipped on a dime to scour the earth for the sins of Donald Trump, and are now circling the wagons yet again around their current precious, Joe Biden.

The pretense of objective fact-gathering and presenting is gone. And when the day comes that Trump is no longer in office, and journalists everywhere are confused as to why no one listens to them any more, do me a favor. Point and laugh at them. Mock them and tease them for thinking that they are better and smarter than the people they cover. They are not. They deserve nothing but scorn and mockery for the kind of “yellow journalism” that would have made Hearst and Pulitzer blush.

.... the proveable lie of Hunter Biden's computer...
Fake News.

If this is not Hunter's Laptop, then the Biden Camp would have already clearly and unequivocally stated that Hunter's laptop was never dropped off at this shop. They have not made such a statement, and we all know why.

If these are not Hunter's emails, videos and photos, then the Biden Camp would have already clearly and unequivocally stated that these are lies and forgeries. They have not made such a statement, and we all know why.

Camp Biden would have put everyone involved on notice that they were facing defamation and slander actions, and yet they have not. And we all know why.

These materials are Hunters, and they are a catalog of 30 years worth of felony activity with his exploitive father, where Hunter collected the bribes and then fed the take to Biden Family Crime Boss, Joe Biden.

“Has the FBI had the Hunter Biden laptop material for ten months?”
A whistleblower says that many months ago, he provided the FBI contents of a laptop computer once used by Hunter Biden.

That’s according to a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray sent today by Chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.). The letter states that an unnamed whistleblower contacted Sen. Johnson’s committee on September 24, a day after the committee released its investigation into alleged Biden conflicts of interest.

The whistleblower reported he had turned over the contents of Hunter Biden’s laptop December 9, 2019 in response to a grand jury subpoena issued by the FBI from the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware. Delaware is the Bidens’ home state.

In the letter today, Sen. Johnson says that he and Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) asked the FBI about facts alleged by the whistleblower but the FBI stonewalled. That despite the fact that Johnson says several of their questions were not related to confidential information regarding “the possible existence of an ongoing grand jury investigation.”

Or should something be done about that so that it's made as quick, easy and efficient as possible?

Give your reasons for your answer.
Or should something be done about that so that it's made as quick, easy and efficient as possible?

I noticed in Metro Detroit it takes 20 minutes and they have plenty of machines and in the city they have backed up lines. Even I would go home if it took 2 hours to vote. Even I might decide not to even bother. Luckily we have a Democratic governor now in MI so if this happens, we only have ourselves to blame.

No. That is a clear indication that their either are not enough polling places, not enough hours for polls to be open, or there needs to be more early voting.

Not everyone has that amount of time to stand in line...they have to work.
There's no excuse for a lack of polling places.
I live by a small town called Noel, it takes me about five minutes to vote.
Of course it isn't right. No one really believes it is.

The Party Of Contradiction strikes again....hahaha
So you hate the idea of American Citizens waiting in line behind fellow citizens to vote yet you have no problem with Americans waiting for hours behind illegals in an Emergency Room for emergency care?
Does that really seem reasonable to you?

One of these things is NOT like the other.

What does a public health crisis have to do with the electoral process? The answer is nothing. It's just another racist attack on illegals to deflect from the illegal and unConstitutional attempts of the Republican Party to suppress the vote in poor areas.

Ignorance and racism is what makes you a "Broke Loser", and will ensure that you will always be a "Broker Loser".
And even if he isn't broke he'll still be a loser and bad person. Selfish, liar, racist (probably), greedy, ignorant.

In other words, exactly like you.

Fake News.

If this is not Hunter's Laptop, then the Biden Camp would have already clearly and unequivocally stated that Hunter's laptop was never dropped off at this shop. They have not made such a statement, and we all know why.

If these are not Hunter's emails, videos and photos, then the Biden Camp would have already clearly and unequivocally stated that these are lies and forgeries. They have not made such a statement, and we all know why.

Camp Biden would have put everyone involved on notice that they were facing defamation and slander actions, and yet they have not. And we all know why.

These materials are Hunters, and they are a catalog of 30 years worth of felony activity with his exploitive father, where Hunter collected the bribes and then fed the take to Biden Family Crime Boss, Joe Biden.

Of course these images, emails, photos are genuine. We know this because much like they do with the race card, they are pulling out the Russia card. They know the sheep will follow blindly, and they are doing so right here on USMB.

I read two accounts of former colleagues of Hunter's say this is the real McCoy. Somebody started a topic today how Ukraine also confiscated another computer verifying that this is all true.

They have until Thursday to respond. Otherwise Trump is going to bring this up the entire debate.

Everybody of legal voting age should be able to freely vote in my opinion without tests, prerequisites, or any other barrier. Everybody's education, passions, interests, values, and political opinions can vary across the spectrum which results in diversity of thoughts and ideas.

Okay. Let's say the MLB allowed their citizens to choose players instead of management. In my city, only those who were very intelligent about baseball got to vote on players. In your city, anybody could vote on players. It could be because of the way they look, same nationality, how they smile, how they walk or dress.

Which city do you suppose would have the better team, your city or mine?

The problem in our country IS everybody is allowed to vote. Only those with some political knowledge should be allowed. We don't need Obama Phone ladies choosing representatives.

Using a sports analogy with me is probably not the best idea and an easy win for you, but what I would say to your analogy is that professional athletes are not paid by taxpayers they are paid by the teams ownership typically and so I'd say unless you are financially invested in a sports team where you are able to choose the players because you pay them then it's not an equal comparison to elected officials that are elected to represent the interests of their constituents. When it comes to political knowledge what would you consider to be a passing grade? How would that be decided? by the state? by the federal government? by the political party in power? Is it knowledge about each candidate? knowledge about politics in general? do you have to have knowledge on every candidate on the ballot or just the one that you are interested in?

Red herring question, since most states offer early voting so no one waits that long.

However under no circumstances should we allow a system that is ripe for corruption like mail in voting.

Red herring question, since most states offer early voting so no one waits that long.

However under no circumstances should we allow a system that is ripe for corruption like mail in voting.
How is this a red herring?

I thought y'all wanted to vote by mail from your basements?

My reason is that it's what y'all said....

Fake News.

Of course these images, emails, photos are genuine. We know this because much like they do with the race card, they are pulling out the Russia card. They know the sheep will follow blindly, and they are doing so right here on USMB....
I don't think they are blind sheep. I think they know full well that Biden is corrupt and has a long history of selling out the people of the United States in exchange for foreign bribes.
... former colleagues of Hunter's say this is the real McCoy...
It's real.
... Somebody started a topic today how Ukraine also confiscated another computer verifying that this is all true...
That second claim could be disinformation, I'm exercising caution with it. We have the smoking gun.
They have until Thursday to respond. Otherwise Trump is going to bring this up the entire debate.
Crime Family Boss, Joe, and the "Moderator" will make that ugly.

Maybe our best best is to get our votes in, and drive them into the election office, the earlier the better to make sure someone doesn't steal it with a phony duplicate ballot request that they get in before we get ours in. And help 4 or 5 of our friends do the same.

Is it right that Free Americans cannot freely exchange their labor for pay?

Why millions of freelancers fear a Biden presidency may put them out of work.

So who bought of the Biden Family Crime Boss, Joe Biden, this time?
  • With 59 million Americans freelancing, the future of freelance work is a key concern for these workers as the presidential election approaches.
  • Biden has expressed support for the Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act on his campaign website.
  • The PRO Act would use the same three-pronged ABC test as California’s AB-5 law to decide who is a freelancer nationwide.
  • AB-5 classifies contractors as employees and makes it hard for freelancers to work for businesses in their industry.
1603149453742.png

Happily screws the American Worker in exchange for bribes.​

Everybody of legal voting age should be able to freely vote in my opinion without tests, prerequisites, or any other barrier. Everybody's education, passions, interests, values, and political opinions can vary across the spectrum which results in diversity of thoughts and ideas.

Okay. Let's say the MLB allowed their citizens to choose players instead of management. In my city, only those who were very intelligent about baseball got to vote on players. In your city, anybody could vote on players. It could be because of the way they look, same nationality, how they smile, how they walk or dress.

Which city do you suppose would have the better team, your city or mine?

The problem in our country IS everybody is allowed to vote. Only those with some political knowledge should be allowed. We don't need Obama Phone ladies choosing representatives.

Using a sports analogy with me is probably not the best idea and an easy win for you, but what I would say to your analogy is that professional athletes are not paid by taxpayers they are paid by the teams ownership typically and so I'd say unless you are financially invested in a sports team where you are able to choose the players because you pay them then it's not an equal comparison to elected officials that are elected to represent the interests of their constituents. When it comes to political knowledge what would you consider to be a passing grade? How would that be decided? by the state? by the federal government? by the political party in power? Is it knowledge about each candidate? knowledge about politics in general? do you have to have knowledge on every candidate on the ballot or just the one that you are interested in?
Guinn v. United States, 238 U.S. 347 (1915) ended voting tests. Tests that had to be passed in order to cast a vote.

The 1870 ratification of the Republican Amendments, including the Fifteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution barred each state from denying the right to vote on the basis of "race, color, or previous condition of servitude." In response, several Democrat states, including Oklahoma, established state constitutional provisions designed to disenfranchise African-American voters by circumventing the Fifteenth Amendment.

In his majority opinion, Chief Justice Edward Douglass White did not hold back, describing Democrat Oklahoma's act "repugnant to the Fifteenth Amendment and therefore null and void." The decision had little immediate impact, as Democrat legislatures found other methods to disenfranchise blacks. There were no dissenting opinions from the other Supreme Court justices, which speaks to the strength of the case and how inherently discriminatory this law was.

So the short answer, and I know you agree with this, is NO! to testing barriers in order to vote.

Red herring definition: something, especially a clue, that is or is intended to be misleading or distracting.
You make a dishonest claim about people standing in 5 hour lines to vote. You make this false claim to mislead in order to support mail-I’m voting, which your side only wants so that they continue rig the election.
No way in hell you wait that long. I voted today and was in and out in 30 mins

Red herring definition: something, especially a clue, that is or is intended to be misleading or distracting.
You make a dishonest claim about people standing in 5 hour lines to vote. You make this false claim to mislead in order to support mail-I’m voting, which your side only wants so that they continue rig the election.
No way in hell you wait that long. I voted today and was in and out in 30 mins
Good man!

If that's what you want to do, fine. But it shouldn't be the only option.

I recommend the following:
  • Standardized nationwide voter id with the voter's picture on it
  • Standardized nationwide balloting hardware
  • Standardized 30 day early voting periods for federal elections
  • Wherever you are in the nation, you go into the local court house, swipe your card, and your local ballot pops up. You make your choices and get on with your day.
But if you want to stand in line to do this on election day, god bless you and feel free. You're stupid but you have the right to be stupid.

• Wherever you are in the nation, you go into the local court house, swipe your card, and your local ballot pops up. You make your choices and get on with your day.
But if you want to stand in line to do this on election day, god bless you and feel free. You're stupid but you have the right to be stupid.
Remember that the US Constitution reserves this power, primarily, to the State Legislatures.

Article 1 Section 4:

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations.

The last phrase does contain constitutional authority to regulate elections for the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate. The Clause directs and empowers states to determine the “Times, Places, and Manner” of congressional elections, subject to Congress’s authority to “make or alter” state regulations. It grants each level of government the authority to enact a complete code for such elections, including rules concerning public notices, voter registration, voter protection, fraud prevention, vote counting, and determination of election results.

The Framers of the Constitution were concerned that states might establish unfair election procedures or attempt to undermine the national government by refusing to hold elections for Congress. They empowered Congress to step in and regulate such elections as a self-defense mechanism.

The Supreme Court has explained that the Elections Clause also imposes implicit restrictions on the power to regulate congressional elections. Neither Congress nor the states may attempt to dictate electoral outcomes, or favor or disfavor certain classes of candidates. In Cook v. Gralike (2001), the Court struck down a provision that required election officials to print a special warning on the ballot next to the name of any candidate for Congress who refused to support an amendment to the U.S Constitution that would impose term limits for Congress. The Court explained that the provision exceeded the state’s power under the Elections Clause because it was “plainly designed” to favor candidates who supported term limits, while placing others at a disadvantage.

One unusual feature of the Elections Clause is that it does not confer the power to regulate congressional elections on states as a whole, but rather the “Legislature” of each state. The Supreme Court has construed the term “Legislature” extremely broadly to include any entity or procedure that a state’s constitution permits to exercise lawmaking power. Thus, laws regulating congressional elections may be enacted not only by a state’s actual legislature, but also directly by a state’s voters through the initiative process or public referendum, in states that allow such procedures.

One reason why Obama assured America that the Russians could not influence the US election was because with each state independently operating it's system, the decentralization makes it nearly impossible for a foreign power to rig. Now, when Trump unexpected won, they all promptly reversed themselves, but the reversal contrived in service of a lie. He was right in his initial assessment.

Last edited:

Remember that the US Constitution reserves this power to the State Legislatures.

Article 1 Section 4:

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations.

Oh yeah...

I just pointed out what Wal Mart or Amazon would do to encourage voting.

Not our 230+ year old business model that is failing on every front...and we're not adult enough to fix what is clearly broken.

Remember that the US Constitution reserves this power to the State Legislatures.

Article 1 Section 4:

Oh yeah...

I just pointed out what Wal Mart or Amazon would do to encourage voting.

Not our 230+ year old business model that is failing on every front...and we're not adult enough to fix what is clearly broken.
It's up to us to do a good job researching the candidates and voting intelligently. Hell, I plugged a name and the local town for a school board election on a national search engine up popped her picture, with her husband and four lovely daughters, her thoughts on education and parental choice, she is clearly an intelligent and thoughtful person who wants the job for the right reasons.

I then tried the same for her opponent, nothing, other than he was appointed to his position. He had nothing out on what he thinks is important to the position, why he wants it, what he hopes to accomplish.

It was an easy choice. It took twenty minutes, but, hell, if I had been doing this consistently, maybe our schools would be better managed.

Don't give up on Self-Rule. Yes, Joe Biden has been in Federal Office for 20% of the nation's history, and that's not a confidence builder, but hopefully this is the end of the line for Old Crooked Joe, the Biden Family Crime Boss.

1603154666410.png

Yup, so long! Get away from your exploitive Dad, trade in the $millions and an early grave for a 90 day chip that is yours, and only yours. To Thine Own Self Be True.​

I don't think they are blind sheep. I think they know full well that Biden is corrupt and has a long history of selling out the people of the United States in exchange for foreign bribes.

If they are not sheep, then they are certainly posting like they are. The point is that if Democrats are getting that desperate, then you know something is seriously up.

That second claim could be disinformation, I'm exercising caution with it. We have the smoking gun.

Correct, it could be, but if you want to check it out........

Forum List

Back