Is it possible that the allegorical account of a great flood is true?

You allow yourself to be a victim of fear and superstition.

Prove it.
Your comments,

Proved

Done!

Fountains of the deep

Underwater civilizations

Myths of a great flood from all around the world based on a true event.

I've already proved it to you and ding, but can I help it if both of you can't figure it out? I think it means great tribulations.

The myth of the god flood a few thousand years ago is a myth.

Thank you.

So, you're saying that the FLOOD being a myth is a myth?

Prove it.
Your comments,

Proved

Done!

Fountains of the deep

Underwater civilizations

I've already proved it to you and ding, but can I help it if both of you can't figure it out? I think it means great tribulations.

Thank you.

So, you're saying that the FLOOD being a myth is a myth?

Obviously not. If you cant follow simple english sentences, how do you follow the convoluted word salad that is the iron aged bible?

Prove it.
Your comments,

Proved

Done!

Fountains of the deep

Underwater civilizations

Thank you.

Rocks and fossils don't last that long.

Prove it.
Your comments,

Proved

Done!

Fountains of the deep

Underwater civilizations

Yeah, no.

Like I said, you can't figure it out. Chinese have it askew. They write top to bottom.

Prove it.
Your comments,

Proved

Done!

Fountains of the deep

Underwater civilizations

Yeah, no.

Like I said, you can't figure it out. Chinese have it askew. They write top to bottom.

I am never going to believe the earth and universe are 6000 years old. I am never going to believe the first 11 chapters of Genesis were written to be read literally.

what I believe is not based upon one single thing. It is based upon everything.

The timeline of the great flood always confused me. In terms of world history, what period of time are we talking exactly? As I recall it was 40 days and nights of rain that flooded the world. Yeeeaaahh ok, let's go with that. But when did it happen?

I am never going to believe the earth and universe are 6000 years old. I am never going to believe the first 11 chapters of Genesis were written to be read literally.

It's your free will and choice to believe what you want such as fake science and pantheism.

No. Haha.

It's your free will and choice to believe what you want such as fake science and pantheism.

No. Haha.
And it’s your free will to chose to misstate my religious beliefs. I for one would never do that to another but that’s your mistake to make.

Prove it.
Your comments,

Proved

Done!

Fountains of the deep

Underwater civilizations

Thank you.

Rocks and fossils don't last that long.

How about nearly 3.5 billion years? Is that a long time?

Yeeeaaahh ok, let's go with that. But when did it happen?
Never. There was no global flood.
Not like you think.
Neat!
Yep. Sure is. That’s the point of this thread.
If your supposition is that the great flood happened, doesn't there have to be an actual period in the global history timeline for it to have occurred?

Massive crater under Greenland’s ice points to climate-altering impact in the time of humans

Is it possible that the allegorical account of a great flood, which all ancient cultures have, is true?
No.
what do believe would happen if the energy of 700 1-megaton nuclear bombs was unleashed in the northern polar region and instantly vaporized 1500 gigatons of ice?
A very cloudy day?
You will have to use your imagination, as this event to which he is referring is imaginary.

ding, like I think you said, ancient man didn't know the "whole" world, only his neck of the woods. It seems to be pretty established theory that the coastal areas around the Mediterranean and Black Seas flooded at the end of the last ice age due to a big rise in the Atlantic Ocean, from melt water. If this Hiawatha crater is what they think it is, it may have done the deed, but I don't think it necessarily flooded the whole world, ding. All of the earliest civilizations grew up around seas or river systems, for obvious reasons. Over time, they would have all flooded but I don't think every flood that was spoken of by ancient man happened at the same time. A rise in the Atlantic Ocean would not have caused a flood in India or China, I don't think anyway.
It would have been a world wide climate altering event with world wide rain. Flooding would have occurred everywhere until the water ran off.
Is that even possible?

I think the 40 days and 40 nights of rain was the way to explain the rising waters that they didn't understand had come from melting glaciers so far to the north that they didn't even dream of their existence. Just as Noah's ark was an explanation for how humans and all the animals managed to survive. These people had logic. They asked questions. There had to be an explanation, even though they didn't have the knowledge base, yet, to actually explain it.
The floods, though? Oh yeah, we know the floods really happened.
No. If an asteroid vaporized 1500 gigatons of ice that water is put into the atmosphere. It would affect global weather patterns. That moisture would come back as rain and would cause flooding on land until it ran off into the oceans.
What about snow?

Yeeeaaahh ok, let's go with that. But when did it happen?
Never. There was no global flood.
Not like you think.
Neat!
Yep. Sure is. That’s the point of this thread.
Cool!

So there was no global flood. Just, some floods. Got it.
Major climate disruption which extended the ice age and created massive flooding events around the globe.

that’s what happens when an asteroid strike in a polar region strikes a glacier and vaporized 1500 gigatons of ice.

Forum List

Back