is it a good idea to allow citizens of foreign countries to vote in local elections in the US ?

You must have failed math, or you're just plain stupid. How they live doesn't alter the math.

Nobody has shown how a legal resident alien that pays taxes, has kids in the schools, drives on the roads and holds a job, maybe owns a company and provides jobs has any less skin in the game for what happens in the city than someone that does all that but happened to be born here.

I guess you're not familiar with the incorporation doctrine.

Since at least 2017 cities have allowed this to happen, more than a dozen now. Not one of them has been found to be against the Constitution.

Not to mention there is nothing in the Constitution that would not allow this to happen.

• Ted Kennedy Senator (D-MA) drove his car into the channel between Chappaquiddick Island and Martha's Vineyard, killing passenger Mary Jo Kopechne. Kennedy pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident and received a suspended sentence of two months (1969)
Or we could just keep electing our own criminals into office.
All parties.
Why are we not concerned about that?
Drunk Driving
Killed a passenger, better yet.......saved himself and left her to die.
receives a "Suspended sentence"
What a fucking joke.
He serves 47 years in office...... 1962 to 2009

Actually serves 40 more years and wins many elections, after basically KILLING Mary Jo.
Political Hero
Protected by the RICH

This. ^^^^^^^ is something we should have a 'bit more' concern about.

There are US citizens. There are no “citizens” of New York State. There are residents of NY State. If a properly vetted alien resident of NY State wants to vote in a state or local election, I’m not sure it is offensive to allow him or her to vote in THOSE elections. (I think of “no taxation without representation” here.)

But it’s still a problem because an alien shouldn’t be given a vote for anyone in national elective office. Voting in our Federal elections Is a right exclusive to our citizens.

• Ted Kennedy Senator (D-MA) drove his car into the channel between Chappaquiddick Island and Martha's Vineyard, killing passenger Mary Jo Kopechne. Kennedy pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident and received a suspended sentence of two months (1969)

Drunk Driving
Killed a passenger, better yet.......saved himself and left her to die.
receives a "Suspended sentence"
What a fucking joke.
He serves 47 years in office...... 1962 to 2009

Actually serves 40 more years and wins many elections, after basically KILLING Mary Jo.
Political Hero
Protected by the RICH

This. ^^^^^^^ is something we should have a 'bit more' concern about.
that's a true demofk statue there.

Since at least 2017 cities have allowed this to happen, more than a dozen now. Not one of them has been found to be against the Constitution.

Not to mention there is nothing in the Constitution that would not allow this to happen.
I have already shown you where the Constitution gives the right to vote to citizens, not illegals.

Nobody has shown how a legal resident alien that pays taxes, has kids in the schools, drives on the roads and holds a job, maybe owns a company and provides jobs has any less skin in the game for what happens in the city than someone that does all that but happened to be born here.

As I said, how they live is irrelevant, noncitizens can't vote or legally buy guns. Citizens have rights noncitizens don't, it's just that simple. And again, it has nothing to do with the math.

I have already shown you where the Constitution gives the right to vote to citizens, not illegals.

1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

This merely tells what cannot happen. Nothing in this bars non-citizens from voting in local elections.

1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

This merely tells what cannot happen. Nothing in this bars non-citizens from voting in local elections.
First 10 words prove you to be an idiot.

The right to vote is reserved for citizens. It doesn't say "the right of anyone to vote".

Forum List

Back