is it a good idea to allow citizens of foreign countries to vote in local elections in the US ?

As I said, how they live is irrelevant, noncitizens can't vote or legally buy guns.

Wrong again. A green card holder is legally able to buy a gun.

1642106366094.png

Citizens have rights noncitizens don't, it's just that simple. And again, it has nothing to do with the math.

Not true at all, where did you get this idea? If that were true the police could do anything they wanted to them since they have no rights. Employers could abuse them since they have no rights.

First 10 words prove you to be an idiot.

The right to vote is reserved for citizens. It doesn't say "the right of anyone to vote".

It does not say that the right to vote is reserved for citizens, you jsut made that up. It merely says that the right cannot be taken away from citizens.

Those are not the same thing.

The Constitution is not an all inclusive list of what can happen, it is a limit on what the Govt is allowed to do.

It does not say that the right to vote is reserved for citizens, you jsut made that up. It merely says that the right cannot be taken away from citizens.

Those are not the same thing.

The Constitution is not an all inclusive list of what can happen, it is a limit on what the Govt is allowed to do.
Your misinterpretation is cute. Feeble, but cute.

Your misinterpretation is cute. Feeble, but cute.

Feel free to show me a single court case that agrees with what you are saying.

Till then these laws are in place and have been for at least 5 years in one case.

Feel free to show me a single court case that agrees with what you are saying.

Till then these laws are in place and have been for at least 5 years in one case.
Never heard of any of these laws before. Has one been challenged and made it to the SC?

Never heard of any of these laws before. Has one been challenged and made it to the SC?

They have not been challenged at all because everyone lawyer knows they are not again the Constitutions, thus they are not wasting their time.

So they have not been ruled Constitutional.

Thanks for playing.

Every law is by default Constitutional until ruled otherwise.

99% of the laws on the books have never made it to SCOTUS to be ruled upon.

1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

This merely tells what cannot happen. Nothing in this bars non-citizens from voting in local elections.

Sure it does, you just obviously can't understand the written word. The right to vote is a franchise that is exclusive to citizens. If noncitizens were included it would say as much.

Sure it does, you just obviously can't understand the written word. The right to vote is a franchise that is exclusive to citizens. If noncitizens were included it would say as much.

See post # 209. It seems we have beaten this dead horse enough

Can anyone name a single country anywhere that allows non-citizens to vote in their elections?

Wrong again. A green card holder is legally able to buy a gun.

View attachment 587534

Not true at all, where did you get this idea? If that were true the police could do anything they wanted to them since they have no rights. Employers could abuse them since they have no rights.

I wasn't aware green card holders could buy guns. Other than that the rest of your bullshit is just deflection, nothing in that decision deals with voting. There's a reason there is a citizenship question on voter registration cards. So shove your semantics games up your commie ass.

I wasn't aware green card holders could buy guns. Other than that the rest of your bullshit is just deflection, nothing in that decision deals with voting. There's a reason there is a citizenship question on voter registration cards. So shove your semantics games up your commie ass.

I know nothing in the decision deals with voting, but you said non-citizens have NO rights, not that they do not have any voting rights.

Are you now walking that back?

And yes, the citizenship question is on voter registration cards so that they know if you are eligible to vote in Fed elections.

I know nothing in the decision deals with voting, but you said non-citizens have NO rights, not that they do not have any voting rights.

Are you now walking that back?

And yes, the citizenship question is on voter registration cards so that they know if you are eligible to vote in Fed elections.

Wow, more LIES, I said citizens have rights noncitizens don't, no where did I say noncitizens have NO rights. That includes noncitizens not having the right to vote.

Wow, more LIES, I said citizens have rights noncitizens don't, no where did I say noncitizens have NO rights. That includes the right to vote.

My bad, I misread it to read that non-citizens don't have rights.

I apologize.

Forum List

Back