is it a good idea to allow citizens of foreign countries to vote in local elections in the US ?

The fact that anyone asked this question just shows how far down the USA has fallen.

Other than the fact that by 1800 noncitizen immigrants had voted in twelve of the original thirteen states.

Though I was mistaken about the length of time. I thought that one of the cities had been longer, but it first took place in 2017
thank you

this is playing a lot with the the language and assumptions. how "normal" for us these days. we state who can vote then run go BUT IT DOESN'T SAY THEY CAN'T!!!!

when it says who CAN vote, the implication to me is that sets the bar. it doesn't say goats can't vote either so do we start polling goats? suppose so if they lean to the correct politics.

not a fan of playing with the verbiage to make assumptions. this needs to be a clear cut YES / NO and not subject to debates.

It's a good idea if you don't have enough votes with Americans, and you want to steal an Election....like the demonRats want to do letting illegals in.

Then it's a great idea. :mad:
There are plenty of American voters in NY. That ain't the reason for letting immigrants in to our country.

Nobody is saying Dreamers
We are talking legal immigrants

Actually the Dreamers are included in this as they count as documented as they have to apply for the status and are legally allowed to stay

Last edited:
The make up and functioning of the US government is the purview of US citizens and no one else.

But this is not about the US government, it is about the NY City government. Two very different things

But this is not about the US government, it is about the NY City government. Two very different things
The NYC government exists within and is a part of the overall composition of the country. America may not be important to you, but it is important to me and many, many millions of my fellow Americans.

The NYC government exists within and is a part of the overall composition of the country. America may not be important to you, but it is important to me and many, many millions of my fellow Americans.

There is nothing I have said that could be taken as me saying that America is not important to me.

The fact you needed to go there is very telling.

If your stance is so weak this is all you have left, then you might need to take a deeper look at it.

It was a major issue for many people in the many threads about this.

So, what is your rationale for barring legal resident aliens from voting in local elections?

The same rationale for barring them from elections for federal reps. It disenfranchises the votes of citizens by diluting their votes.

Forum List

Back