Zone1 Is Hell painful? How can God allow eternal pain?

I guess you don't see that sin has ANY consequences at all?!!!

So if someone murders someone, that person should not go to prison for life or get the death penalty?

sheez

with you incharge, the whole world would have utterly destroyed itself centuries ago

Yes, murderers should be punished
Not innocent children who have done nothing wrong.

Jesus opposed the Death Penalty

Yes, murderers should be punished
Not innocent children who have done nothing wrong.

Jesus opposed the Death Penalty
Jesus did not oppose it. I've read the entire Bible and there is no place where Jesus says there should be no death penalty

how dishonest

The Church he founded always endorsed the dp for murderers

In the OT God told Moses to execute Dathan and Co. for rebelling against their legitimate leaders

and there are numerous other examples of such

Jesus did not oppose it. I've read the entire Bible and there is no place where Jesus says there should be no death penalty

how dishonest

I don’t know whether this was included in your Bible but Jesus died through Capital Punishment
While Jesus was suffering on the Cross, I did not see a single part where Jesus thought it was a good idea.

Something I never understood about Christians who overwhelmingly support the Death Penalty.
The man that they built their religion around was wrongly executed

I don’t know whether this was included in your Bible but Jesus died through Capital Punishment
While Jesus was suffering on the Cross, I did not see a single part where Jesus thought it was a good idea.

Something I never understood about Christians who overwhelmingly support the Death Penalty.
The man that they built their religion around was wrongly executed
So you admit you made up some BS to make it look like Jesus said something He never said (that anyone knows of)

whatevr

Then you completely ignore how the Original Church (Catholic) has always condoned capital punishment for murderers.

AND

How God in the OT says many many times that a certain person should be put to death. One person was put to death for gathering sticks on the Sabbath. God doesn't appreciate his Laws being violated. In the Old Days he did this kind of thing. Today, he lets people do whatever until the very End

So you admit you made up some BS to make it look like Jesus said something He never said (that anyone knows of)

whatevr

Then you completely ignore how the Original Church (Catholic) has always condoned capital punishment for murderers.

AND

How God in the OT says many many times that a certain person should be put to death. One person was put to death for gathering sticks on the Sabbath. God doesn't appreciate his Laws being violated. In the Old Days he did this kind of thing. Today, he lets people do whatever until the very End

Fascinating

Why would a Church built around the unnecessary execution of its savior support Capital Punishment for others?

Why would Christ suffering on the Cross support the practice of Crucifixion?

Odd religion

Fascinating

Why would a Church built around the unnecessary execution of its savior support Capital Punishment for others?

Why would Christ suffering on the Cross support the practice of Crucifixion?

Odd religion
I don't think you really want answers. You just like to argue and be contrary

along with being dishonest

Sorry. But I don’t agree at all

Assume that God is the one with all the power.

If He tolerates it or commands it, then if hell is a place of eternal pain and misery, He made it so.

It would be criminal insanity to subject anyone to eternal pain or torment for having failed to grasp whatever He has commanded or called for.

The punishment wouldn’t be anywhere near proportional to the offense.

Frankly, if God created each of us, and I don’t have the “sight” to recognize His commands, how can I be blamed for His choice of making me incomplete?

Let’s say that I’m a criminal (in the legal sense) in much of time in Earth. Say I live to old 100 years old. Why not punish me and rehabilitate me for say a hundred years once my mortal body has gone? Why would it be anything other than insane and mean spirited to punish dopey old me for all the rest of eternity?

No sense it make.
Hell was designed for Satan and those fallen angels who follow him. It is temporary, and will be emptied after the 1,000 year reign of Christ here on earth. Those removed from hell will be on the court docket of the White Throne Judgement along with Satan and the fallen angels.

To make sure we don't end up there, Christ gave us His sin free record to enter heaven with, because sin can not enter Heaven. That was the exchange that happened at the cross. Redeeming you came at great cost. By the time they nailed Jesus to the cross, he wasn't even recognizable as human. Considering the gift He offered us, and what it cost, is it His fault if we refuse to accept it?
If your redemption being paid in full isn't enough, what more do you require of Him?

Last edited:
You do realize you all are living in hell. Heaven is what you make of it.

You create your own hell and live in it.

I created the world and live in it.

You rebel against the heaven created for you than you shall be in hell.

It’s pretty simple, really.

Is Hell painful? How can God allow eternal pain?​

I believe with a resurrected immortal body, you won't feel physical pain. I think Hell is a state of mental anguish and regret for not choosing with your own free will and choice to be what you could have been. I believe we all existed before coming to this earth and that we were all very faithful to God and desired to become more like him by coming to this earth to learn good and evil and to choose good over evil of our free will and choice. I believe a veil has been placed over our minds so that we wouldn't be influenced by our memory of heaven but learn to choose good over evil of our own free will and personal desire. We are left to ourselves to choose good or evil to see what manner of being we, of our own choosing, will become without the influence of the past. Hell will be when our premortal memory is restored and we realize that we chose evil over good and failed to become what we hoped we would have become in our past. I believe it is important for God to allow us to choose of our free will what we are to become. Otherwise we would not be a good being in and of ourselves.

Is it a soul or a body that feels pain and needs nourishment?

Make up your mind
The soul and the body can each feel pain independent of one another. I base that on personal knowledge by having a body, and refer to scripture for the abilities of the soul:

Luke 16:24-25 “The rich man shouted, 'Father Abraham, have some pity! Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. I am in anguish in these flames."

Actually, that tells us a good bit about the soul. Souls have fingers and tongues, vocal chords, vision, memory, can feel, have thirst, and are recognizable as to what they looked with the clay exterior.

I want to know where you get your information that the soul can't feel pain.

Last edited:
makes no sense. God has control over the soul after death, yet you say How can a person go somewhere he doesn't believe exists?

makes no sense.

Like I said b4, it isvirtually impossible for protestants to understand Catholicism (true Catholicism)

which of course does not stop them from pretending to know it :rolleyes:
how it is impossible when many of us were at one time rc? besides many of their/your beliefs do not line up with scripture. because you refuse to see the truth does not make it less true. Theres so many its hard to know where to begin...but the biggest one for me is you dont trust in Jesus' free gift and finished work at the cross. You think He hasnt forgiven your sins unless you jump through manmade hoops. All you have to do is repent and believe by faith.

Well, God does not force anyone to sin and end up in Hell, does He?

In Mt 18:21, the "king" in Jesus's parable (who represents God) turns this "servant" over "to the torturers" until the once-forgiven debt is paid.

Some say this debt cannot be paid so this psg is a reference to Hell

Some say the word "until" means that it is Purgatory, since the person is released once the debt is paid.

I don't think theologians have concluded which it is.. Hell or Purgatory... but in any case

Why take a chance?
The notion of eternal torment in hell is a pagan one and has nothing to do with YHWH, the God of Israel. In the Hebrew Bible, death is just that, DEATH. It's the opposite of life. When one is dead they know nothing:

Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Does this imply that there is absolutely nothing after bodily death? No, not really. YHYWH prohibits us from speaking with the dead. The witch of Endor actually, summoned the mind, the ghost of the prophet Samuel. So something is left of the person after bodily death, but that person is mostly in a state of slumber or a dreamlike state. In Greek one of the words used for spirit or soul is psyche. The human psyche is faint, and weakened, by the loss of the biological body. It's mostly asleep.

Here is a modern equivalent of the witch of Endor, summoning the dead from their death-sleep using a radio-sweeper a.k.a. "Spirit Box" (One of the best spirit-responses in the first video is at 12:50) :

Shannon or "Mortis The Wizard" has revealed some very interesting ideas that he has developed from interacting with the souls of the dead from the abyss. Similar to what the Hebrew Bible tells us, the spirits are in a state of slumber in the abyss.

Shannon has shown through his interactions with these spirits that they're summoned by a community of spirits or demons that keep themselves conscious, by uniting themselves as one. They combine their energy and create a community of spirits, and one of those communities is what is called "Satan" or "The Devil".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back